Where Is The Gd Forum?

RJBrian

Yeah...this sucks. So what if we get in some disagreements? Is that reason enough to lock down the GD area? I just recently got DSL (which means I can argue even faster @loll@ ), and wanted to update everyone with my new email address...now where do I post that? Should I just post it on every forum, and hope that everyone who emails me gets it?

Oh, BTW...if this shutdown had anything to do with the things I've recently said on the GD forums, I don't apologize. I meant every word.

I say things in real life that I don't mean, but here, I proof read most everything and make sure I'm not crossing any boundaries, and don't say anything I don't mean...and I don't feel I was anymore out of line than certain mods were.

Peolpe's feelings got hurt. @sad@ ... @smilepunch@

Seriously, the GD room was getting to be too negative. I hope it returns soon, and people will talk about things that are more general than political discussions. However, as long as a war is going on, peolpe are going to voice some strong opinions.

If we DIDN'T have strong opinions, we would be push-overs.

to quote jay

'Ive closed the GD area. It has come apprent the area has come nothing more than a place were people try and push their politcal or moral views on each other and squable with each other. These boards are for talking toys and its time people either do that or leave. General areas in toy sections will also be closed and kept closed cause I have little doubt these type of dicussions would soon spread to there as well."

The mods all agree this board needs a break from the GD area, though we are working together to get it back up and runnign with a new set of rules and a system that will allow us to keep the area free of problems.

untill then, feel free to enjoy the rest of the board, and get back to the real reason you came to this site. to talk about toys and collectibles :)

to quote jay

'Ive closed the GD area. It has come apprent the area has come nothing more than a place were people try and push their politcal or moral views on each other and squable with each other. These boards are for talking toys and its time people either do that or leave. General areas in toy sections will also be closed and kept closed cause I have little doubt these type of dicussions would soon spread to there as well."

I totally respect Jay's opinion on this. I love to talk about toys, alot!

What Jay may not have considered is that a place like the GD room was a place for us toy collectors to talk about whatever was on their mind. I know that OUR minds can be very offensive when given a "microphone", but instead of taking it out on the other forums, we were able to contain it in ONE.

I can't talk about how $#!ty my day was in the Marvel room, or talk about being attacked by midgets in the Transformers room. It belongs in a "Hey, how's it going" type room.

The General Discussion room was a place where toy collectors could talk about what ever, as if they were right next door. Once again, I know it got too political, but that can be moderated.

How many other threads are there where I can hit on Sith's wife?(sorry Sith, but you better not let that one go.) Where else can I voice my off-the -wall stories that really have nothing to do with toys? Ya, Jay might respond "find another web sight", but that's not what I would HOPE he would say.

we all feel the same way cap'n :) But things need to be kept civil, and that is what we are working on. But this isn't something that was decided all of a sudden. through the entire summer things have been getting bad, and its time to do something about it. We were hoping after the elections, things would cool down. but they didn't. So jay was forced to take action.

we all feel the same way cap'n :) But things need to be kept civil, and that is what we are working on. But this isn't something that was decided all of a sudden. through the entire summer things have been getting bad, and its time to do something about it. We were hoping after the elections, things would cool down. but they didn't. So jay was forced to take action.

All due respect, you cannot expect something that has brewed ALL summer to cool down in less than a week after the results of the election.

I truly hope this is nothing more than a attention getter. We would like our general chat room back. :(

All due respect, you cannot expect something that has brewed ALL summer to cool down in less than a week after the results of the election.

I truly hope this is nothing more than a attention getter. We would like our general chat room back. :(

by the sounds of it, it will defiantly be closed longer then a week. some mods have suggested a month or so for things to cool down, others would like it back within a few days. And its not like the GD area is the only way to comminucate. We have the PM system, most members have MSN or AIM, or some variation of an instant messaging system. I dont know about other forums, but in the transformers area, we have newby threads, picture threads etc etc, as long as they are somewhat transformers related, we leave them be :) The mods in each section know that certain members stick to certain forums and if someone were to post a thread in transformers for example, that they are going in for surgery or something and they wanted their friends in transformers forum to know. we wouldn't lock or move a thread like that.

by the sounds of it, it will defiantly be closed longer then a week. some mods have suggested a month or so for things to cool down, others would like it back within a few days. And its not like the GD area is the only way to comminucate. We have the PM system, most members have MSN or AIM, or some variation of an instant messaging system. I dont know about other forums, but in the transformers area, we have newby threads, picture threads etc etc, as long as they are somewhat transformers related, we leave them be :) The mods in each section know that certain members stick to certain forums and if someone were to post a thread in transformers for example, that they are going in for surgery or something and they wanted their friends in transformers forum to know. we wouldn't lock or move a thread like that.

I realize that it's not the end of the world for us TNI GD alumni.

But when you take away the stage of personal opinion, that is censorship. Anyone could view our opinions. That cannot be done with AIM, or MSN.

Give us a stage, and we will give you our honest opinions.

we had a stage and we destroyed it :(

Stages can be rebuilt. We are counting on you to rebuild this for us.

We are thankfull for what we've had, but only the ones that will remain will be thankfull for the NEW GD ROOM, with all new improvements.

:)

I totally respect Jay's opinion on this. I love to talk about toys, alot!

What Jay may not have considered is that a place like the GD room was a place for us toy collectors to talk about whatever was on their mind. I know that OUR minds can be very offensive when given a "microphone", but instead of taking it out on the other forums, we were able to contain it in ONE.

I can't talk about how $#!ty my day was in the Marvel room, or talk about being attacked by midgets in the Transformers room. It belongs in a "Hey, how's it going" type room.

The General Discussion room was a place where toy collectors could talk about what ever, as if they were right next door. Once again, I know it got too political, but that can be moderated.

How many other threads are there where I can hit on Sith's wife?(sorry Sith, but you better not let that one go.) Where else can I voice my off-the -wall stories that really have nothing to do with toys? Ya, Jay might respond "find another web sight", but that's not what I would HOPE he would say.

TRUST me, I have voiced this opinion.

and "all" of the mods do not support the GD closure. But we do ALL realize that changes need to be made to how it is run.

I'df rather NOT see the GD forum return.

Its pretty much clear that too many "participants" abuse the privilege of posting within it.

Sex, politics, race and religion are just too volatile a set of topics have in a overall forum, where posters have shown a repeated pattern of descending such topics into the gutter.

Does this site NEED that kind of environment?

We know what the answer is.

I'd rather just talk about toys, the temptation to make things too provocative and inflammatory with a GD forum around is too much, for even myself and obviously others. I'd rather have the restriction of NO GD forum and play nice with people over purely hobby matters. Its not my call to make, but if this thread counts as a "say" in things then you've now heard mine.

Keep the GD dead, please.

The reason for the GD being closed was already given in a thread below we dont need another one started.

The GD was closed cause it had become an area were on a daily baisis I was getting emails of reported posts that had gotten out of hand cause you all couldn't refrain from fighting with each other cause you have different views. Darth Joe if your upset cause you don't have any place to tell people your new email then perhaps you should look at some of your past behavior in there and ask yourself why things always got out of hand and had to come to this. That goes for everyone. The GD area wasnt a right, it was a preivlage and if your gonna abuse it your going to loose that privlage, and thats whats happened. If I felt things would be different I would be more than happy to open the area back up but at this time I have little doubt that the moment its open again you all will be back to the same behavior in there. So untill I feel otherwise the area will remain closed.