Earning The Title Of Moderator

CRAZYCLONE

This actually gave me an idea... Thanxs VH...

I was thinking that putting down a place like this on a resume can be important depending on the type of work... Mainly I do graphics and web design so in the future... Employers can check the site out depending if I'm trying for a job in comics or video games...

For comics or video games.............nope.

They will want to see hard-copy work, usually comics art pages ( with continuity) or concept art or animation work ( via a demo reel).

You want to make things easy for them, and checking a site --uncontrolled--is not reccomended.

If you place the banner work on your own site that's better, but directing them to this kind of site is problematic.

I cannot see anything like moderating a on-line forum being useful on a job resume'--employers look for more real-world, face-to-face skills as a testament to people management.

For your information Jacko... I have worked in the video game business before and I got the jobs because of work I have done on other websites and websites that dealt with video games... Want to know how I got the jobs? I showed them a link to the site and showed them the work I did for the site while the site was online...

Afterwards for their records... I gave them hard copies of the work I did so they wouldn't have to keep looking at the website...

So do me a favor and get off your "I know it all so I am better" high horse and keep it to yourself... You know for someone who says they work in the cartoon and animation field and did all of these cartoons... You do spend a lot of time posting on the forums...

2300 posts as opposed to 21,000 posts--and I'm spending too much time on the forums? LOL.

I do not doubt your claim of getting work at all-and I had no idea you'd done any work in the field, at all.

Until you said so.

I was just sharing info--not taking a shot at you.

So I have to wonder how my comments can be taken so badly--when I wasn't being harsh?

So if you have a problem with me, #$###, lay it on the table.

You can call my credentials into question anytime you want--I can back up every last one I have. Would you like the names and contact info of the people I've worked for/with, or would you like to crawl back under the rock like every other gutless wonder?

2300 posts as opposed to 21,000 posts--and I'm spending too much time on the forums? LOL.

Spent the past 16 years of my life in the computer field so making a post from home or from work is nothing for me and they can add up...

So I have to wonder how my comments can be taken so badly--when I wasn't being harsh?

So if you have a problem with me, #$###, lay it on the table.

You do the same crap over and over... You want to stick your nose in and act all authority like and I'm not going with authority like in a manner of Moderator but like I said... This "I know better so I am better than you" attitude... You did it in the General Discussion and you do it with mostly ever other post/reply you do...

You can call my credentials into question anytime you want--I can back up every last one I have. Would you like the names and contact info of the people I've worked for/with, or would you like to crawl back under the rock like every other gutless wonder?

Just goes to show how you feel about the rest of the members... We are all gutless wonders in your book and I have read the posts you have made about being some Professor at some school doing animation and working on this cartoon or that cartoon and how the hours are long and tiresome but funny... You have time to post on a forum with a bunch of gutless wonders with all the hours you put in...

I can give a rats ass about what you have done or who you have worked with cause mostly no one including me really cares but it's this attitude you give when you post... I'm sorry man but I personally don't like it when people post or talk to me in a manner of thinking they are better cause they want to think they are higher educated...

I do believe arrow just got....

PWNED!!!!!!!!! @smilepunch@

I give back as good as I get.

Or better.

I've had a lot of people think they can call call me bluffing on what I do for a living over the years, and I've put the same challenge back to every last one of them.

No-one's ever taken me up.

There's diffeent approaches to different situations. I never said Outsiders was wrong, I just spoke from the experiences I've had over the past 20 years. He could simply have said he's had a different experience and it would be left at that--I can respect that too.

I didn't feel a need to question anything about his skills or temperment, either.

Now, what's this about being.........."owned", again???

"I cannot see anything like moderating a on-line forum being useful on a job resume"

see this is your problem arrow, im not trying to sound mean, but you don't do any research before you make comments like that. I agree with you when you said, moderating an online forum isn't good resume material, but what you failed to be informed on, was the fact that outsiders does graphic designs and news coverage for this news site. Being one of the largest toy and collectable news coverage sites on the internet, this site gets a lot of publicity, and draws in a lot of online stores and business' who want to advertise on this site. Our sponsors here pay a lot of money to advertise here. All who are real world business', and when you get someone like dave or me designing graphics for them.. especially taking the fact that we take the time out of our busy lives to help out, and support this site and all those business'. That looks very good on a resume.

And just to add to the topic of this thread.

mod qualities should be trustworthy, loyalty to the site, you should be able to bring interest to the area you are moderating, have enough time in the day to come on and check to make sure your area is under control at all times. You have to step in to take care of a problem, even if its your friends causing trouble.

"I cannot see anything like moderating a on-line forum being useful on a job resume"

see this is your problem arrow, im not trying to sound mean, but you don't do any research before you make comments like that. I agree with you when you said, moderating an online forum isn't good resume material, but what you failed to be informed on, was the fact that outsiders does graphic designs and news coverage for this news site.

And just how can I be expected to know this when 1] I cannot recall Outsiders ever stating he's done such work before now, and 2] I have had banners and signature image toggled OFF since I got here. I couldn't have seen his work anyhow.

I get asked about my work all the time, I don't expect anyone to research that I've mentioned it before.

I was candid and honest (and was NOT rude), based on my experience--and for that he takes offense?

Nothing I can do about that.

You will have to excuse me, telepathy and farsight are both something I'm not very good at.

Okay CRAZYCLONE....you've been given an example of some heated exchanges in a topic now, so IF in fact you had the status of moderator, how would you handle the developing situation here, between ARROW and Outsiders?

^_^

Well, I can tell you there's nothing "developing" on this.

He snapped at me, I snapped back. Its pretty much done as far as I'm concerned.

There really is nothing more to it.