Thank you.

ARROW

Yes, thank you JayC and crew for an added little feature that I hope we don't need.

I just browsed the user controls features and noticed a IGNORE USER function.

This can be a pretty handy thing in the long run, because now there's really no excuse for stupid spats to occur. If the feature works right and as I think it does, then anyone that rubs a poster the wrong way should simply be entered into that lil' toggle and <poof> all the offended tenderized sensibilities should go away.

Of late, there's no-one I want (or need) to apply this too, but still......

Heck, I expect my name to get dropped in a couple of slots once this gets known--c'est la vie.

If its to make the board a more civil, accessible site, then I'm all for it.

Thanks again.

Excellent; this is a good idea. These are my absolute favorite boards, and sometimes I lack the self control to not get pulled into a flame war with a couple of specific people.

So, I just added two people. Wanna guess who?

1. ----- -----

2. ---------

I hope I'm not on anyone's lists, I know I be strong in opinion from time to time.

Excellent; this is a good idea. These are my absolute favorite boards, and sometimes I lack the self control to not get pulled into a flame war with a couple of specific people.

So, I just added two people. Wanna guess who?

1. ----- -----

2. ---------

I hope I'm not on anyone's lists, I know I be strong in opinion from time to time.

Well you're not on my block list. :) I'm not blocking the select few for having strong opinions, but rather because they are idiots and I'd rather not see their stupidity on the screen. <_>

It takes a fair bit for me to add someone to this kind of list--my threshold tolerance is quite high. I tested it out to see if and how the function works. There's no-one on my ignore list at this time.

Its a nice feature to have because blocking someone can help keep tensions down--at least we individually have the option of doing so.

And remember folks, Arrow is spelt with two "R's"--no "Q's" or "P's".

I personally don't see the usefulness of it...or all that much of one anyway. I tried it out, and all you have to do is click on the link and open it up or even the option to undo the block completely.

If somebody quotes the blocked persons post in their post, it's going to show up anyway, and if something is mentioned about that blocked persons post, it's going to get our curiosity up as to what was said, and not only that, but the person being blocked doesn't even know it, they just don't have any of their posts ever quoted by you, and that happens anyway, whereas we just assume not everybody has something to add to what we're posting, unless we post thee ol' "I"M BLOCKING YOU" post, to let them know. Still...you're only pleasing yourself, in knowing this person is now BLOCKED from viewing.

Sorta like cutting an EX out of all your pictures. @lol@

Quite frankly, I think it's a little silly and prudish and only serves to satisfy some urge in us to stifle out people on our own, like my posted picture demonstrated with back turned, fingers in both ears and "la la la'ing" over top the noise, to block out stuff we don't won't to hear (or in this case...read). I guess if it gives us a sense of satisfaction in knowing we've BLOCKED out an objectionable members comments, as a power grab of sorts or a "HAH..take THAT..you're BLOCKED buddy!" then I guess it's got it's use?

I want to read what everybody has to say, good, bad and ugly. I want to see ALL the images everybody has to share, be it avatars, signatures or posted pictures of various sorts, to show a little something of their self and interests and what their made of. It's how I can judge people, and decide if I have something in commin with them, or relate to them somehow, other than just by the printed word alone. The features for all this are their for a reason, to be used as desired and add a little style to the board and a LOT of personality. :)

This block feature is another feature to be utilized if needed, but I doubt very seriously, I'd waste my time going through the motions and effort to do so. It's like when the wife is mad at me, and won't respond to me, ignoring me, even though she's right in the room and knows I'm there, she's pouting and ignoring me...or I guess "blocking" me? @lol@

If it helps those that feel they're easily angered by the stupidity of others or whatever it is that gets them fired up about them, then I guess it's a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really care what people say, its only an opinion and they are as usefull to me as a square of Charmin. I dont thing I rub too many people the wrong way....I try to be as friendly as possible because having E-enimies is just poinless/rediculous. Plus I remember what I learned from GI Joe, "its better to make a friend than an fo". Thanks Quick Kick, now I know and knowing is half the battle :P

• 6 months later...