Why do I have to keep logging in?

sbarrett4

I format my hard drive regularly..and sometimes after, It remembers me forever, and other times, I will have to login every time I close the browser.

I also noticed some computers keep me logged in, and some don't. I've yet to figure it out. every system has been using XP and Firefox.

Right now, my computer at home will remember me always no matter what, but before the last format.. it didn't.

It wont remember me on my gf's laptop though, and I always use ALT+S to submit my posts, rather then clicking the mouse, but for some reason that doesn't work on the laptop now either.. it did before she got it formated.

totally wierd, and seems completely random

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did some research on this, and it looks like many users of IP Board version 2.2.2 software are having issues with this.

It sounds like the admins on other IP Boards have been tweaking the cookie stronghold option (setting it to No) as well as changing these settings:

- Member's log in key: Expiration after 7 days

- Reset member's log in key upon each log in? Yes

in the admin control panel (ACP)

Dunno if the TNI guys here want to mess with that or not.

I did some research on this, and it looks like many users of IP Board version 2.2.2 software are having issues with this.

It sounds like the admins on other IP Boards have been tweaking the cookie stronghold option (setting it to No) as well as changing these settings:

- Member's log in key: Expiration after 7 days

- Reset member's log in key upon each log in? Yes

in the admin control panel (ACP)

Dunno if the TNI guys here want to mess with that or not.

Yeah I've looked into it as well. The problem with truning that to off is it makes people's accounts more open to being hacked.` So the question is which is more important, having to sometimes log back in or leaving yourselves open to having someone hack your account. For now im more inclined to leave the board more secure and hope IP comes up with something that addresses both problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...