Look at all the threads with 0 replies.

Starscream49

Im kidding of course. BR isnt clogging it up, but if this trend continues maybe we should sticky a news thread up top and have BR update it and change the Topic Description whenever needed. Just a thought.

On a similar topic, I noticed when we click on the thread we then have to click on a link which takes us to a site with a link to the article. Cant we just link the article and drop the site that links it???

I really tire of the newsbot. There are WAY too many topics to reply to and some of them are listed TWICE. IT really clogs up the board with TOO much to take in. You guys on the Mod Squad must be going NUTS trying to READ it all! It's really annoying when you have a REALLY hot topic that gets buried into page 2 by four topics of the same thing, followed by four more, etc. It also hurts when we're trying to discuss ONE topic.

It's mostly because there is SO much news coming out lately, and in the next few months, because of the new Transformers Movie.

It's not like Cybertron, or Energon, where the toys will be shown and released over a year and a half, this stuff is AAALLL coming out at once, in such a shorter period of time. And it is overwhelming.

I noticed when we click on the thread we then have to click on a link which takes us to a site with a link to the article. Cant we just link the article and drop the site that links it???
It's the news part of this website that apparently bring in the revenue to keep these sites all running, so we need to get people actually going to the news sites, as the forums here, aren't really suppose to be for reading and posting news, but to just discuss the news.

So that's why there is always the link to the articles, instead of posting the news directly.

t'Is really annoying when you have a REALLY hot topic that gets buried into page 2 by four topics of the same thing, followed by four more, etc. It also hurts when we're trying to discuss ONE topic.

I totally agree with you, I wish there a way the news articles could be merged to existing topics, as we really don't need a new topic for every time there is a new picture of a particular toy. That Fast Action Battlers Optimus Prime for example, there's like 8 different threads on him.

There is no way for the RSS feed to merge the threads though, but I've been doing some of that, when im on here, just trying to keep things more organized. It's just an insane time in the Transformers world for news, and it will calm down closer to christmas, then we'll be back to hardly anything to talk about at all :P

p.s. Those posts aren't made by Bespin Refugee, it's the automatic RSS feed using his account. ;)

I've been doing some of that, when im on here, just trying to keep things more organized
Yeah, I try to merge/control the posts in the boards I mod (including, just merging posts into the middle of threads); can't do much about the TF posts though. =/

Besides, if I actually wanted to spam the TF boards, I'd just post more in the 'Monkey Room' thread. <_ :p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I must say I REALLY dislike the newsbot posts. Especially in the Transformers section, topics are getting fewer and fewer replies because of it and it's getting harder to find anything to post replies to. It seems like everyone else is getting a bit tired of it as well and they're not posting much anymore either.

I think I liked this site a lot better before all this latest tinkering to "improve" the site. It was good enough before, why not leave well enough alone?