Custom BLACK CAT and The BROOD!

Jin Saotome

It's those alien sleazoids the Brood! Remember my old Brood? Well I really, REALLY needed to do a new one. Here I used the same Gnarsh Alien Racers body but swapped out the head for the old 5" Brood head which I retooled and resculpted a good inch and 1/2 more head-crest behind it. Apoxie sculpted bug-armor sections were added too. I added the Wasp's wings attached with Xevoz ball-joints (used for the neck as well) and airbrushed him with a mix of browns, greens, and blacks. The front tendrils are bendy tendrils from the old Venom Phage figure. He has DROOL! I took some clear epoxy and mixed a touch of clear green paint in it, then played with the mix until it began to harden, stringing it down on the jaw in several places. Looks gooey and wet, heh!

BroodNew_001.jpg

Click here for more images! -------> http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/J...s/BroodNew.html

And also we have Black Cat in her classic outfit with the fur fringes and nifty collar. She's not as 'busting out' as my last Black Cat, yet still has some added attributes. She was made from a ML Psylocke, Lady Dead head (btw, all the Moore female figure heads fit Psylocke) with Apoxie Sculpt sculpted fur fringes, chest, and hip sections. I added a little metal zipper pull and collar tag too! Basic flesh tone is Testors light flesh with shading of warm flesh with a little burnt sienna mixed in. I think I've mastered the eyes now thank god, they're two shades of green with pupils and reflections. Enjoy!

BlackCatClass_002.jpg

Click here for more images!! ------> http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/J...ckCatClass.html

Both are up for auction tonight too! Good luck!

That Brood looks perfect! I bought one of those Aliens from a Rite Aid just a few days to customize just a few days before Diamond announced theirs (dammit) so now I have an Alien sitting around I'll never do.

I don't know how cool the Diamond Select 2-pack is going to turn out they. If these are the 'army builders' that were originally going to be included in the ML 13, they don't have very much in the way of articulation and were pretty small. They don't have wings either so I'd still make your own.

damb Jin... Of all your customs this is my fav thus fare, the paint app is soo tight, in frickencredible man. Its funny cuse i was messing with that very same recipe but you bet me to the punch big time, well you are the master. I really dig the paint tho makes um look alive. just have to make a hord or them now that would trully be something to see. props to you bro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...