Sign in to follow this  
Koga

I'm going to China!

I have been planning on this for about 5 months now and its finally come. I'll be heading off to China for two weeks. I'm going to a school and will be teaching english and the American culture. Its going to be awesome!! I cant wait. So not this thursday but next i'll be gone.

That's neat!! ^_^ Good luck & have fun... I'm sure it'll be absolutely awesome! Oh and make sure to take lots of pics so we can see... :D

I'll be heading to Jai Yang..I believe it is called. Its sub city in comparison to Hong Kong, but its size is just as big as New York or something. Because the summer olympics will be held in China next year, the government has allowed many english speaking Americans to come into their schools and give them a view of American culture. I was thinking, "I am from southern Louisiana are they sure they want us to be teaching English". I'll be definitely taking a lot of pictures and try to upload when I get back...

-Koga

i worked with a chinese dude that migrated from china a couple of yrs ago. he said that english people are paid well for teaching and they attract the ladies who want rich foreigners. good luck!

I'll be heading to Jai Yang..I believe it is called. Its sub city in comparison to Hong Kong, but its size is just as big as New York or something. Because the summer olympics will be held in China next year, the government has allowed many english speaking Americans to come into their schools and give them a view of American culture. I was thinking, "I am from southern Louisiana are they sure they want us to be teaching English". I'll be definitely taking a lot of pictures and try to upload when I get back...

-Koga

The Oylympics comming to the China next year? Guess that is why the chinese government is cracking down on bad english signs

-Koga

The Oylympics comming to the China next year? Guess that is why the chinese government is cracking down on bad english signs

Yep Beijing 2008.

I still can't figure out where Jai Yang is...

Koga bro - It can't be a sub city in terms of size compared to NY cause Hong Kong is even smaller than New York City!!!

I'm talking about the amount of people. It has millions and millions of peoples and they consider it a sub city. I think the place is Guanzhou now. I'm just repeating what the group is telling me. We have also been told that foreigners especially Americans have not been present in this area for decades so I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb. I can hardly imagine what kind of experience I'll have. I just know its going to be great. The food is all i'm worried about, but I know I have to be willing to eat a fish head or something haha.

I'm talking about the amount of people. It has millions and millions of peoples and they consider it a sub city. I think the place is Guanzhou now. I'm just repeating what the group is telling me. We have also been told that foreigners especially Americans have not been present in this area for decades so I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb. I can hardly imagine what kind of experience I'll have. I just know its going to be great. The food is all i'm worried about, but I know I have to be willing to eat a fish head or something haha.

hahaha I see! :)

Well it'll definately be a great experience I am sure you'll enjoy it!

If it is in Guangzhou, the food won't be too too too bad... ;)

If you happen to get a chance to drop by Hong Kong, do let me know! ;)

Great news to hear.

Have a good time in China. Remember to take a lot of pics.

I just wanna give you one little advice. We chinese eat a lot of different kinds of stuff. So if you love the food you eating but u dont know what it is, dont ask :P

Yeah thanks guys! I'll definitely be taking a lot of pictures but I heard its not good to take pictures of gov't buildings or police officers. I dont wanna slip up and they have to trash my camera. I also have to try myself some redbull (atleast one) because I hear in China the actually have the drugs SPEED in it. Oh well I'll be taking along barbeque stuff and things from here to cook to show some of the culture. I'm leaving in three days! WOOHOO!

I'm leaving for China in about 2 hours! I'll see you guys when I get back and I'm sure to have a crap load of pictures. See ya on the flipside..

See ya Koga! I had a neighbor who went to China for 3 weeks and (being the good person I am :P) I took care of their animals for them. They said they had a blast. :)