SM3 Venom (WIP)

Blackheart

Finally managed to get a Dremel the other day so after a few years of staring at other people's customs and wishing I could do the same I started work on a ML Luke Cage I had. I think the Hasbro Venom sucks and I've wanted to make my own for quite some time. These are only WIPs at the moment but hopefully I'll be getting more done soon!

Here you can see I've just been doing the costume's texture. I'll be adding the webs on at the final stage of sculpting.

WIP1.jpg

WIP1a.jpg

Edit: Here's the latest WIP shot. I've marked in the general shapes of the face now that the scales on the head are done. Since this is my first custom I'm taking the easy route and basing the sculpt on his face when he's just talking rather than the screaming/open mouth look. Who knows, I may make an additional head sometime.

WIP2.jpg

Finished most of the head sculpting today. Just need to add more onto his jaw/chin and then it's onto the webbing for his head....unless I leave that 'till last, I dunno.

WIP3.jpg

Thanks! Yeah I've seen a few repaints of the Hasbro version. It looks alot better when it's black, but when I saw him in the movie I was confused as to how all the toys and even the sideshow statues got it sort of wrong. The one in the film has alot more of the McFarlane look to it, I think.. (I guess it helps when McFarlane provides the initial sketches for his movie design :P).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...