My first attempt at Customs!!

funkycub

I have been looking at people's customs here and other places and I decided I would try to create two of the New Mutants. It's bloody hard :D Obviously you want them to look professional but I am sure practise will help! I need to take more time but when I started I wanted them finished!!

Anyway - don't laugh, be kind!

magik.jpg

Magik

You did real good for a first time customizer. I am knew to the custom world as well and i really like the Magik figure you created. A good way to use the Black Widow. Love the sword. Don't know where u got the head piece, but great addition to the figure. You just need to work on the paint on the sword arm.

Now the Sunspot is a problem. Great idea, but I would have gone with a more "ethnic" face sculpt. Right now he looks like a version of the "Ionic Wonder Man Variant" than anything else. Even the face of Asgardian would have been better. The black is not even enough on the body, but it was worth a try. Just keep doing what you do as I am still learning the proper painting tricks so don't stop.

Here is a customizing tutorial series found at FigureRealm.com to help yuou out.

Keep at it FunkyCub!!!

http://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial.php

You did real good for a first time customizer. I am knew to the custom world as well and i really like the Magik figure you created. A good way to use the Black Widow. Love the sword. Don't know where u got the head piece, but great addition to the figure. You just need to work on the paint on the sword arm.

Now the Sunspot is a problem. Great idea, but I would have gone with a more "ethnic" face sculpt. Right now he looks like a version of the "Ionic Wonder Man Variant" than anything else. Even the face of Asgardian would have been better. The black is not even enough on the body, but it was worth a try. Just keep doing what you do as I am still learning the proper painting tricks so don't stop.

Here is a customizing tutorial series found at FigureRealm.com to help yuou out.

Keep at it FunkyCub!!!

http://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial.php

Thanks - see I was a coward with Sunspot, I picked him up for £2.00 in a sale. So it was kind of like a no lose situation that I thought I would try. The photo has picked up the difference between the paint on wonderman and the black paint I used but actually in reality it doesn't look that different. I really wanted the boots and and belt but was a bit scared to go with it with the paint! After doing Magik, I feel a bit more confident and I am sure I will improve! It's one of those things you really want it to look good but I found it really difficult to, as I have never painted anything before!! I will probably repaint Sunspot over the weekend, as I feel a bit more confident now.

I bought the New Mutants figures and although Wolfsbane and warlock were good, the Magik figure was awful and looked terrible with my ML X-Men. So I used the skirt, headress and boots from that. I hate the Black Widows neck but the hair and the costume worked.

I found figurerealm last week and had my heart set on doing a custom, even if it was bad!! Some of the customs are amazing, so I hop with practise I can improve but I don;t think would ever be able to do anything to intricate!

• 1 year later...