Northstar & Aurora

ARES-god_of_war

The Baubier twins have been a favorite of mine since I was a wee lad! I mean, barring Guardian and Puck... They really made Alpha Flight for me. Asgardian Wars is probably my favorite collection of an X-Men mini, because it had a great story and Art Adams held it down! How can you set a story in Asgard and not have Thor make an appearance? I don't know the answer to that, but it worked!

Northstar here was a late-night brainstorming session gone haywire! I was working on someone else and it occurred to me; "Any Man's body is lean enough for a speedster!" So I went about "Body Swapping" until I found a nice base. The head hides a peg from that awful Emma Frost, and his feet are a hodge podge of fodder. I used the Heels from Mr. Fantastic, reapplied Ant man's toes and called it a day. Shins were provided by Daredevil/Archangel (...don't remember, don't care!) And the head was a Boxset Human Torch, the same place i got Mr. F's heels from. take a look and tell me what works and what doesn't

Northstar

Northstar_full.jpg

...action shot

Northstar_action.jpg

...close-up

Northstar_done.jpg

Recipe

Head: F4 Boxset Human Torch

Body: Ant Man

Shins: Urban Legends Daredevil

Feet: F4 Boxset Mr Fantastic (heels only, toes belong to AM)

Scroll down for Leia...er, I mean Aurora!

"There is another..."

Aurora is here! I altered her costume to keep her linked to her brother, while showing off her own personal style. I sculpted the little fringes on her cuffs, her boot tops and I had to "style" her hair. Yeah I forgot her lipstick, I'll add it before I take better shots of the two of them together. Let me know what you think and critique away?!

Aurora

Aurora_done.jpg

Action Shot

Aurora_action.jpg

Close-Up

Aurora_close-up.jpg

Recipe:

Head & Body: Wasp

Forearms & Hands: Psylocke

Shins: Spider Woman

Feet: Psylocke

Thanks for taking the time to view...

Aurora_and_Northstar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You got some real talent Ares. What types of paint and sealer did you use? Now show us a Guardian, so i can copy the recipe for myself. (My Sasquatch is so lonely). I am new to customizing and was thinking of ordering head sculpts from Balck Arachnis and maybe using the Jim Lee Batman Hush head for Guardian. I just think the Maple Leaf design is going to kill me.