Box Sets Wishes

DennisW22

I like box sets, especially the Fearsome Foes one (Best Rhino ever. PERIOD.). I'm afraid they just don't sell well though. I just bought the Toy Biz monster set a couple of weeks ago from a local comic shop. It's a cool set but Frankenstein and Werewolf by Night are tiny considering they're by ToyBiz. Young Avengers boxes were stacked up at TRU and Wal Mart. I think if the characters are cool the set will do well. It seems 2-packs are going to be the norm. I hope I'm wrong about this because I want a Wrecking Crew set and a Thunderbolts set with Masters of Evil as set variants. Not to mention an Iron Man foes set with Mandarin, Blizzard, Whirlwind, Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo.

I like box sets, especially the Fearsome Foes one (Best Rhino ever. PERIOD.). I'm afraid they just don't sell well though. I just bought the Toy Biz monster set a couple of weeks ago from a local comic shop. It's a cool set but Frankenstein and Werewolf by Night are tiny considering they're by ToyBiz. Young Avengers boxes were stacked up at TRU and Wal Mart. I think if the characters are cool the set will do well. It seems 2-packs are going to be the norm. I hope I'm wrong about this because I want a Wrecking Crew set and a Thunderbolts set with Masters of Evil as set variants. Not to mention an Iron Man foes set with Mandarin, Blizzard, Whirlwind, Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo.

yeah the obscure box sets won't go well at mass market. they should focus on the direct market like marvel select toys by diamond. also through their website, for the box sets containing the more obscure characters.

the last few box sets that toybiz did just didn't have the mass market appeal. The spider-men, X-men, Fantastic Four and the Urban Legends sold well because most people can recognize the characters and will pick them up. how many non comic fans would know anything about the House of M box set, or the Young Avengers box set (which had their horrible first appearence costumes), and the Marvel Monsters box was just meh

Hellfire Club -- Sebastion Shaw, Selene, bad girl Emma Frost, Pierce, Leland, Mastermind

Defenders -- Nighthawk, Gargoyle, Hellcat, Moondragon, New Doctor Strange

Heroes of Asgard -- New Thor, Valkrye, the Warriors Three

Villains of Asgard -- Classic Loki, Ulik, Enchantress, Executioner, Surtur

New Warriors - Night Thrasher, Justice, Firestar, Namorita, Speedball

Illuminati -- Dr. Strange, Prof X, Namor, Mr. Fantastic, Blackbolt, Iron Man

Power Pack

New Mutants -- Sunspot, Wolfesbane, Magik, Boomer, Warlock

Wrecking Crew

Alpha Flight -- Guardian, Vindicator, Puck, Aurora, Northstar, Snowbird

Weapon X -- Wolverine, Sabertooth, Wildchild, Maverick, Deadpool, Fantomex

FA X-men is the 5 first members:

Jean,Angel,Cyclops,Beast and iceman

if your looking for storm and warpath youd giant size x-men.

i dont want any boxsets.

id prefer an "Evolutions" type thing,ya know like star wars.

have the character in first appearance,then a well known later appearance,and modern.

• 2 weeks later...

i was reading this thread a couple days ago at work, and if i remember, some of you nailed it.

New Avengers with modern Luke Cage and Echo

Mighty Avengers with Ares

POTENTIAL SECRET INVASION SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you've been warned!

throw in a skrully version of one character per box for good measure?

maybe skrull Ms. Marvel for the mighty? and ???? for the new?

or hell, maybe even a third box with all of the skrully versions form both teams?

that would be cool.

i'd be willing to pay a good chunk of cash for those boxes.

say $75ish? or more depending how many figures per box.

• 4 weeks later...

I want a Horsemen of Apocalypse box-set with all the big-name Horsemen, i.e. War Hulk, Archangel (sans action feature) Death Wolverine, Caliban and I guess Polaris and Gambit would go well with the Sunfire coming soon.

I do think the two-packs could suffice in the stead of full box-sets. The Wrecking Crew only has four guys so they'd be easy to do and hey we still don't know what the remaining two-packs are going to be, so keep your fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...