Any Point?

Hyperion

Any point to Hasbro really showing us anything new at Comic Con since it doesn't seem like anything is going to come out from them. The wait for series 4 has been ridiculous and we all know that means that series 5, 6 and or whatever comes out will be all crammed together and have screwed up distribution with whichever of the series we want most. Last year it was Transformers and Spiderman 3 messed up all of their distribution for ML products. What about now with us a quarter of the year done and 2 HUGE movies on the way and the products we coe to love not getting out to us. All I can say is thankgoodness no new Star Wars Movies are coming out or we would NEVER see any marvel products. Oh wait New Star Wars TV show is coming out later this year, crap. Not doing this to be negative, just merely stating the facts that we have all become accustomed to in dealing with flaky toy companys. What do you guys think?

Hyerion, I don't understand these "facts" you talk about.

Hasbro has successfully released products from concurrent toy-lines at the same time without problems--they are a large companyy that can clearly multi-task.

Last year was a starting year for Hasbro with Marvel Legends--people forget that--and they delivered many other products under their Marvel license at the same.

Do you need a list?

Have you also considered all the other toy-lines Hasbro makes and has distributed.......its not just boys toys. I doubt they have been affected by these movies lines.

You perceptions are out of whack.......be patience......wait for whatever reasons for the delay in HML4 are revealed, and for the product itself.

Its far too early and presumptuous to cast doom and gloom over this specific toy-line.

Yeeeeesh.

Any point to Hasbro really showing us anything new at Comic Con since it doesn't seem like anything is going to come out from them.

I would think that's exactly WHY we want them to show new stuff. I think the majority of people here want to be excited, they want to see new stuff, and they want to have something to look forward to. Right now there really isn't a whole lot of that going around. Even the Hasbro-haters would probably like to see something, if for no other reason than to see the (non-movie) Marvel brand getting some attention.

So yeah, assuming that there IS something new to show us, I'd say there's definitely a point. The only way to combat the 'nothing new' feeling is to find out if there is in fact something new.

ive said it before i will say it again, hasbro let us down too much, and it doesnt matter what they bring out im still waiting to see hml series one in shops still no sighn, ship to england thats what people should say to hasbro at this convention when they get the chance.

Um.

How could Hasbro have let you and other English customers down when its English retailers that determine whether or not the products are sold in their stores?

If they do not place orders with Hasbro, then Hasbro cannot do anything about it.......right?

You need to direct this complaint to the stores you want to buy the toys from, not the toymaker.

ive said it before i will say it again, hasbro let us down too much, and it doesnt matter what they bring out im still waiting to see hml series one in shops still no sighn, ship to england thats what people should say to hasbro at this convention when they get the chance.

Um.

How could Hasbro have let you and other English customers down when its English retailers that determine whether or not the products are sold in their stores?

If they do not place orders with Hasbro, then Hasbro cannot do anything about it.......right?

You need to direct this complaint to the stores you want to buy the toys from, not the toymaker.

Yeah that drives me nuts. It's the retailers that are to blame for your stores not having the product you desire on the shelf. You could only fault Hasbro for refusing to meet demand. Say like only producing 100 units of a certain figure, when their customers have ordered 1,000 units.

And demand is not the end user (collectors and such). Hasbro's customers are Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, etc. etc. and like any profitable business that has been around for a long time, they'll cram as much product down the throats of their customers as that particular customer will let them.

Hasbro's distribution is not why there's nothing on the shelf at Walmart, If there are toy sightings on the west coast but nothing on the east coast (or whichever way it works from however many distribution centers they have.) that's Walmart's distribution at fault.

Arrow, I understand your points however I am beginning to find Hasbro frustrating to understand. Sure I recognize the size and scope of their operation because I work somewhat closely with a competitor of theirs, Mattel. You state you have a "list". I for one would like to see it. Because as you may or may not recall, last year was the first year of Hasbro with our beloved legends. We received series one right on schedule and then we should of had series 2 around April, but instead we got Spiderman 3 toys for the movie that came out on May 4th followed by the Transformer toys to coinside with the Transformer movie release of July 3rd. We then should have received series 2 and series 3 shortly thereafter. but no, we didn't they dragged their butts for series 2 and staggered the release of the variants. They are now stalling with the same balony with series 3 with by all estimates should have been completed by Christmas! I do not think it is unreasonable for Hasbro to put out 5 lines (which they orignally stated they would within a given year) of marvel legends product. Instead we are lucky to get 4. this year, technically Ironman is the first release of toys for this year. That still leaves us with no legends products and another movie line of Hulk on the way. I see the importance of movie tie-ins for revnue earnings and get the product out while it is "hot". My issue is really that they keep promising and promising and have yet to deliver. This is just a game of show and tell. They are telling us one thing, but showing us really nothing. It doesnt matter how many oir who they show us, until they get some damn products on the market, they are just wasting our time. And dont get me wrong, if you check these boards and my posts, you will find I do support Hasbro and the product they make. I just want the product in my hands instead of just drooling over pictures.

I'm cool with the wait, The wait has gave me some time to catch up with other stuff ( Joes, Halo 3, DC universe) The way I see it is my hobby should be something that puts a smile on my face, distresses me and lets me get away from my problems and obligations for a little bit, but the moment I start to get too nick picky on sculpts, plastic, price, joints, and why my Thing is not the color I think The Thing should be, and start getting pissed off, annoyed or start picking fights with people over it, thats when I need to find another hobby..........like drinking @smilepunch@

Arrow, I understand your points however I am beginning to find Hasbro frustrating to understand. Sure I recognize the size and scope of their operation because I work somewhat closely with a competitor of theirs, Mattel. You state you have a "list". I for one would like to see it.

Go to Hasbro.com and see all the products they make for yourself.......... just keep looking in all the various toylines they produce to see anything that relates to Marvel--from Preschool toys to collectibles, to games like Heroscape etc. The info is there.

I do not think it is unreasonable for Hasbro to put out 5 lines (which they orignally stated they would within a given year) of marvel legends product.

Need some help?

Marvel Legends series 1, 2, 3 and FF Legends, as well as Ghost Rider and the Spiderman Origins line--adds up to six lines.

Now if that appears less for this year........well last year they made the statement about 5 lines per year, but if those lines did not sell to their expectations, then scaling back or ( as in what appears to be the case with wave 4) of re-doing the waves is prudent.

It also unfortunately eats up some time.

As I said before, patience is the key.

Up here in Canada, the lag-time is an additonal 3-6 months BEHIND the USA in most toylines-excepting those with a specified street date like movie toys......so you have nothing to complain about.

• 2 weeks later...

Except Hasbro do NOT 'actively promote' their Marvel Legends products in the UK. This statement is from the manager of the UK distribution plant.

the distribution of marvel action figures has always been bad...but not this bad

this rediculus!!!!!!!!!! waiting sucks

they don't even have good things out right now! over here in texas we are still stuck with wave 2!!!!!!!! this is horrible and anyboby who defends hasbro is a liar

HASBRO SUCKS AT DISTRIBUTION OF THEIR MARVEL PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!

what are you guys talking about that it is the retailers fault? this only counts for small shops or comic shops. if they dont order then they get nothing. just go to a toysrus or whatever toyshop there is in this world and ask them about a captain britain figure? they will look at you as if you come from another planet. you can try it with bumblebee too or even venom. they dont know what they are selling and thats a fact. now all they are saying "oh it is a transformer? right in the next corner they are sir, your welcome" and then you can go look for yourself for the damn thing. so how should they know what to order i ask you, they dont even know a character for crying out loud. now for those saying stuff like the shop is in error, guess again because my comicshop ordered a lot of hasbro stuff and he got nothing except marvel legends 1,2,3. now where the hell is

ghost rider

fantastic four movie and legends

spiderman legends or origins or spectacular

i ask you?

nothing arrived here if it is not movie related. the spiderman3, ironman, transformers, starwars everything came without a problem but why not the comic related stuff?

i never had that problem with toybiz. never. sure thy came 6 months later then the us release but they came. every wave i ordered for my shop came even the exclusives.

but hey no worry toybiz had a big running the last 5 years and since hasbro is rererereleasing everything toybiz did then the 5 years are soon gone and i hope that marvel toys gets the license back then.

• 9 months later...