i just aquired a Mcfarlaine spidey

What it really depends on is, are you all about scale? If you want your stuff in scale, then don't open it. It's about 1/2" taller than Peter should ever be in an ML display. Much better to use one that is 6". My favorite is the MvC one Jin did using the S6 body & Spin 'n' Trap head.

If you don't care about scale, open that sucker. It's definitely the closest to McFarlane/all-the-other-guys-who-are-inspired-by-him style.

yeah what he said.

if its already MOC then keep it that way, if you're into that stuff.

personally, i hate paying more than MSRP for a figure just to keep him in plastic prison, but in this case i think i would make an exception (same for masked icon captain A. sheesh!). he's pretty hard to find and the recent boom in demand only drives the price up further. i doubt i'll ever get one, maybe loose if i'm lucky. i'm happy with my icon spidey and will get the new 6 inch one as mentioned above. although i'll probably lighten up the blue bit.

Edit: Ok, I found the pics of the black and red SMC12 and the black costume. I kinda like the idea of the Silver Surfer body for the black costume but will reserve judgment in toto until I have one in my hands.

I have to say I'm really glad they are reissuing the SMC12 body, even with black trim. All you have to do is grab a Fearsome Foes Spidey and this new one, and swap heads and you have the ultimate McFarlane-style 7"-scale Spidey.

Beats paying $40+ for the SMC12 one.

a little off topic but what snap shot Spidey worth? i saw a few for sale but i don't know wether i should buy them.

Yes it is! Snap Shot Spidey is soo close to the Mcfarlane Spidey. Two best Spidey Figures out there!

well i got it for very cheap (6 euroes 10 dollars) i also got HC Absorbing aswell that day.

Keep this one MOC and buy the reissue of Mcfarlane Spider-man in August and open that one, it has more articulation.

it does?

Yeah It has the same articulation as Mafarlane spidey except it has more in the fingers each of the fingers have articulation unlike the Macfarlane Spidey. So really just a little more.

Keep this one MOC and buy the reissue of Mcfarlane Spider-man in August and open that one, it has more articulation.

it does?

Yeah It has the same articulation as Mafarlane spidey except it has more in the fingers each of the fingers have articulation unlike the Macfarlane Spidey. So really just a little more.

Some are so nieve:

CamPics334.jpg

CamPics335.jpg

CamPics336.jpg

4 individual fingers.