Sign in to follow this  
TomTom

I've Got It!

okay, theres been some wondering about the new spider-man figure from hasbro's heroes/villains line. is it a new sculpt? is it a mcfarlane re-release? is it mix-and-match? did my neighbor steal my sandwich? i have the answers!

okay, heres a pic of mcfarlane spider-man from SMC12 a few years back:

DSCN0922__scaled_600.jpg

notice the shape of the waist joint and fingers. now ehres one of the H/V figure at NYCC:

IMG_7540.jpg

the waist is a peg, and the fingers are different, but the rest of spidey seems the same. my theory? hes a scale down of the icons figure:

spider-man_04__scaled_600.jpg

the fingers between those two are similar, as are the waist and the hinge in the wrist.

hasbro, scale down the venom and beast figuress from the icons line and release those, please!

yeah, its mcfarlaine, just, its dar paint shadows the waist joint, and the fingers.... well thats just silly, they are the SAME fingers, although i admire your comittment

Yeah its the same exact finger just repainted some people are looking way to into this. Its just a repaint. Thats what hasbro is known for so whats with all this mix and macthing talk? Same figure. Different paint job.

While I have no actual interest in whether or not it's McFarlane or Icons (it's a good-looking Spidey and I'll buy it if I see it), I would like to second the idea of scaling down the Icons figures. Some of those sculpts were just wicked-cool. Some will complain that it's all the 'A-list' characters we've seen many times before, and it is, but it's really, really good versions of the majority.

hasbro, scale down the venom and beast figuress from the icons line and release those, please!

They could scale down the unleashed 360 venom while they are at it.