What killed the intensity on the discussion boards?

Chunkylover

It seems that since NYCC the boards have really cooled down. Did that news drive away any fence-sitters or is everyone so satisfied with what they saw that there isn't anything left to say (until the reviews begin in a few months)?

One used to be able to check the site and contribute to endless discussions of which character best (or least) deserved a figure, dream line-ups, et al. Are those things boring now? I know we did a lot of them.

Just wondering if I missed something. Web browsing has gotten boring without the hot topics at MarvelousNews.

A year ago TNI's marvel boards were busy all day long. I think that people don't know about this board and the fact that no new ML figures are coming out between Nov 07-Aug 08 has really hurt the interest in ML let alone people wanting to talk about them every day. All the hard core Toy collectors are just buying other types of figures now. 25th Joes, DCUC and Indiana Jones are whats hot right now.

Thanks guys. I guess I'm being left in the dust 'cause I don't collect any of those other lines.

Don't worry Chunkylover, I don't collect any other line either. Heck I don't even collect anything other than X-Men ML's. I can't wait for Comic-Con. That will be the soonest I will be able to get new figures. Can anyone clarify when the 2 packs are coming out? NYCC labels said August and BBTS is currently advertising them for July.

if you ask me. hasbro cant deliver and now fans dont care as before.

what i love about hasbros marvel section?

super hero squad and thats about it.

what i hate about hasbro

just movie figs around the world

legends just exclusive

making profite of other companys work and say that they did everything themself

talking about better quality and they do the exact same figs then toybiz.

horrible paintings

horrible prices

horrible articulations

selling figs that dont even look like the movies or tv shows

rererererere releasing figs

no q&a. every section has one. even indiana jones.

very little fan demand handling

no love for details in there sculpts

lying about they need to learn of something that allready existed

letting collectors wait forever for any news of there favorite heroes

releasing there legends all on the same time. no one has that much money, some hade familys to care about.

after all this i thnk that toybiz has to get an olympic medal for what they did. and guess what, they where a little company and not a big one.

if you ask me they suck big time with marvel. you can take this message as what you want. it is my opinion and sure that most of the guys who left, think the same way about it.

Yeah, the wait does suck and probably has people focusing elsewhere.

I've always found it humorous when people complain about the paint or articulation or sculpting and then talk about how they are quitting Marvel Legends and collecting some other line, like Super Hero Squad or the DC action figures.

Even with the downgrades in the above-mentioned areas HML's are still way better than the DCUC line. Maybe there is more selection but the articulation isn't even close and they look cartoony.

I think the line will be better when it returns in the fall. I'd really like to see the return of the double-jointed ankle for better pose-ability.

Personally, I think it really has to do with the new layout of the boards. The subjects are more divided than in the past, it's more difficult to access, and feels too separate from the rest of the toy boards. Plus it's topics don't seem to show up on the main TNI page like the others. I know that's what kept me informed of interesting topics in the old ML board, but I haven't seen a topic there since the switch over.

Plus I hate the Black. It hurts my eyes and makes colored text impossible to read.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not cutting on the new board cause updates have to happen, but sometimes updates need to be revised. Anyway, with out the main board and in lue of new product, the ML board is dying.

Personally, I think it really has to do with the new layout of the boards. The subjects are more divided than in the past, it's more difficult to access, and feels too separate from the rest of the toy boards. Plus it's topics don't seem to show up on the main TNI page like the others. I know that's what kept me informed of interesting topics in the old ML board, but I haven't seen a topic there since the switch over.

Plus I hate the Black. It hurts my eyes and makes colored text impossible to read.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not cutting on the new board cause updates have to happen, but sometimes updates need to be revised. Anyway, with out the main board and in lue of new product, the ML board is dying.

I'm with you. I liked this place 'cause I could check a bunch of stuff all at once. Now I gotta load MORE things for every thing that I go to. It was annoying enough just checking news at this place: "Look, Transformers news and Marvel news! Great! *click* Oh...okay, now I wait for the whole new page to load, 'cause you can't just show me the pics here...." And now the message boards are the same way. For everything I want to check, I gotta load something new. I mean, sure, it's not a big problem with my net connection, but it's not the fastest. Most of the time it just makes me not feel like coming here anymore.

On top of all that, there's getting to the forums at all. The button at the top was moved to the side, and regardless of having all these new forums, it still only goes straight to the main forum so that you've got to load that, then scroll down and load whatever forum you want to go to from there.

Ease of use; that's what we're missing.

Well,I think that when all the hasbro haters (about 67% of the boards) seen that hasbro brought out some kick ass stuff,they simply couldnt handle having nothing negative to say about them,and left.
Or perhaps the "haters" just became tired of the fanboys delusions of said "kick ass stuff".

No no,im sticking to what i said happened,because it probably did.But there are afew "haters" that stick around because they are looking for an oportunity to rip on hasbro and stir #$@#.

Your not one are you?

HASBRO FTW!

P.S

Darth Vehmic-Hasbro's legends are sweet! You are not ready.....Soon you will understand.

Well,I think that when all the hasbro haters (about 67% of the boards) seen that hasbro brought out some kick ass stuff,they simply couldnt handle having nothing negative to say about them,and left.
Or perhaps the "haters" just became tired of the fanboys delusions of said "kick ass stuff".

No no,im sticking to what i said happened,because it probably did.But there are afew "haters" that stick around because they are looking for an oportunity to rip on hasbro and stir #$@#.

Your not one are you?

Oh god. I think that was one of the first negative things I've ever said here. Fairly harmless really. And if anything, your original comment was stirring the @#!%. I'm sure you expected some sort of reaction from labeling "67%" of the board as "haters". Admit it. You were hoping someone would bite ;) .

Your not one are you?

Oh god. I think that was one of the first negative things I've ever said here. Fairly harmless really. And if anything, your original comment was stirring the @#!%. I'm sure you expected some sort of reaction from labeling "67%" of the board as "haters". Admit it. You were hoping someone would bite ;) .

Ummm.About 67% or MORE were hasbro haters.There was only a handful of people,including myself,who liked the hasbro figures.

If you want to be truly honest, the boards have been hurting for a long time. Compared to the heyday of toybiz, this place is downright barren even when it seems crowded these days. Believe it or not but there was a time when these boards were none-stop. When a toyfair came, you couldn't even sign on. The traffic was so high that everything ran so slow. Hasbro lost a lot of Marvel fans. Like um or hate um, you cannot deny a lot of people disliked the direction Hasbro went. Then prices of toys continued to rise, but the amount of everything we were given seemed to decrease. This made me less and less interested in collecting Legends. I just can’t pick them up like I once could. Then the boards changed. That’s lost a lot of posters as well. I can speak from myself when I say that I’m not especially fond of the new setting and it’s caused me to post far less than usual.