Which Doctor doom is the best?

abazou

Well, depends on who you ask. *ahem* Obviously...or else you wouldn't be asking for opinions. Sorry, I like to be redundant.

Anyway, I'd go with the Hasbro version, but it depends on what you are looking for in a Doom. Here's the pros and cons in my eyes:

TB Doom

+ Great paint job,wash, and sculpting

+ Nice "Richards!!" left fist for shouting and angry poses

+ Index finger is extended on right hand for pointing

+ Holds pistol well for having articulated hands

+ Two different versions: Victor face, and Doombot face (I've got the Doombot)

+ Great neck movement

- Faceplate just doesn't stay on; falls off at the slightest wind

- Leg movement is limited due to skirt

- Neck movement is useless with the hood on

- Can't hold anything but his pistol because of articulated hands

Hasbro Doom

+ Great sculpting (love the faceplate)

+ Nice "The world is mine!" open left hand (fingers curled) also works good for shooting energy from his hand

+ Non-articulated right hand, so it holds his pistol and other guns/swords/whatever.

+ Faceplate won't come off unless you want it to (great creepy Victor head underneath too)

+ More dynamic cape and hood

- Limited leg movement due to skirt and hip pegs being inserted up into the hips instead of into the side

- Neck movement a downgrade compared to TB Doom, and the hood still gets in the way

- Hood and cape is made of harder plastic (may not be a bad thing for some)

- A bit brighter than TB Doom and no paint wash (also may not be a bad thing)

- Chest articulation is bascially useless

So, those are my own pros and cons. Personally, if you're looking for a great display figure, then go for TB Doom since you won't be able to have fun with him without his faceplate falling off constantly. However, if your looking for something more durable and fun, then Hasbro Doom is the way to go, since he doesn't fall apart and his hand can hold more things for versatility.

I choose Hasbro Doom, since I like to pose them and play around from time to time. However, he's not perfect, and more things could have been done to really make him better than the TB version. Overall, the TB version still beats 'em out in presentation. I'd give more points for presentation to Hasbro Doom if his chest joint actually moved forward and backward to a noticeable degree but, as usual, they can't seem to get those joints to ever do anything. So, since it's useless, it just gets in the way of the sculpt.

That's about it! TB Doom for presentation, Hasbro Doom for play. Take your pick!

well, at least hasbro doom tries to have chest movement, but id still say TB because the nice texturing.

Well, I appreciate the "try", but when it fails (as it so often does) it just serves to look ugly. I normally don't care about ugly when I can get cool articulation in return but, it didn't work here. I would have loved to do a hunched over pose, looking like he's getting back up from a big hit. I'm not sure why that joint fails so often.

I'd go with the hasbro one, best sculpted of the two IMO, true the paint is lacking but either a wash or a full on silver paint job would fix that(i went with a full on silver hehe, and i repainted his gold, see below)

HMLDoom2.jpg

HMLDoom.jpg

I actually like the neck artic on the hasbro one better also cause its the good normal neck joint, i hate necks like the one the tb Doom has though.

The other down side the tb Doom has? look how dark his cloak/hood is, WAY to dark, i had to paint mine just to get him to look better.

+ Two different versions: Victor face, and Doombot face (I've got the Doombot)

Three, actually. The FF boxset Doom has a mangled/burned face.

And out of something like four TB Dooms that have passed through my hands, I've NEVER had an issue with the mask staying put. I don't doubt that you do, I just don't know how widespread that really is.

Oh, and TB Doom has that SWEET concealed jet pack.

For all that, I will say that I prefer the Hasbro Doom. Overall, he just 'feels right' to me.

• 8 months later...

Hasbro Dr. Doom! My two ToyBiz Dr. Dooms are his Doombots. The TB version just didn't look imposing because of his size. He does have better paint than the Hasbro version (big surprise). I didn't get one but consider the Marvel Select Dr. Doom. He has a cool throne and a "pimp cup" among his accessories. :)

DSC02938.jpg

"The Hand of Doom!"

• 1 month later...

Hasbro's by far. It was good enough that when it came out I actually started to believe that after the learning curve that was HML1, Hasbro may have been getting the hang of it and the future of ML was in good hands. It was better sculpted, larger and the plastic seemed to be sturdier. The women figures were even getting better. Actually Namor was the only one in FFML that I didn't believe was an improvement over previous, though Sue could have used a better sculpt (I put FFClassic sues head on her body).

Little did we know the bleak future on the horizon

the TB Doom is cool and looks good...I have 5 and none of their masks ever fall off easy.

The Hasbro Doom I find has a better sculpt on the cape and mask and is the more favored by myself....I use the TB ones as Doom bots and the Hasbro as the "real" Doom.

If you can buy both as they are both worth it...if you only want one I suggest you go with the one that screams DOOM more to yourself likeing. If you paint the armor of the Hasbro one he looks even better.

heres some pics of mine

feb09099.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg