Quitting Marvel Legends

tanwer

I don't know if this is the right forum section for doing this, so any moderator can move this topic to where it fits better.

As a result of my growing disappoint towards Hasbro's upcoming releases, a change of residence and my newly acquired interest in Randy Bowen's minibusts I'm throwing everything out of the window and ebaying my collection.

I offer great discounts in overseas shipments if you buy more than two items.

Take a look at what I'm selling, this week, BAF's such as Sentinel, Queen Brood, Onslaught, Blob, Apocalypse and Mojo.

http://search.ebay.es/_W0QQsassZmlcovers

Good for you!

I wont miss you at all!

Anti-Hasbro.....Pah!

No no,i kid.

Good luck with your statues!I fear you are making a bad choice.....

Hasbro may bring out some top-notch figures that you want,and then,your collection will be gone! You should put it in storage.Be worth alot in years to come.

I fear you are making a bad choice.....

Hasbro may bring out some top-notch figures that you want,and then,your collection will be gone! You should put it in storage.Be worth alot in years to come.

I would respectfully disagree. If you want to make any money back on your collection, I think now is the time to do it. Eventually, the "Marvel Legends" line will be as obsolete and unwanted as the old 90's marvel line. You'll put up your series VI ML Juggernaut for .99 cents and receive 0 bids. Too much product that everyone will want to get rid of, but everyone has. I'll bet these won't be worth a dime in years to come.

I would respectfully disagree. If you want to make any money back on your collection, I think now is the time to do it. Eventually, the "Marvel Legends" line will be as obsolete and unwanted as the old 90's marvel line. You'll put up your series VI ML Juggernaut for .99 cents and receive 0 bids. Too much product that everyone will want to get rid of, but everyone has. I'll bet these won't be worth a dime in years to come.

Eventually,the "Marvel Legends" line will be non-existant.There are even figures now that you cant get any more.The prices are rising on all the figures.I believe they will be worth alot,and they probably will.The 90's figures had 4-5 points of articulation.ML's have 20-30.You cant compare the 90's toys to ML's.Its insane.

Eventually,the "Marvel Legends" line will be non-existant.There are even figures now that you cant get any more.The prices are rising on all the figures.I believe they will be worth alot,and they probably will.The 90's figures had 4-5 points of articulation.ML's have 20-30.You cant compare the 90's toys to ML's.Its insane.

Your right to a degree. When the 5 inch figures were coming out in hordes during the 90's I always thought they could be taken to the next level of what was possible with sculpting plastic. Marvel Legends are that next level and I can't envision anything better using current methods of action figure making. Just like tv technology peaked with 1080p TVs until a new major technological advancement takes place any upcoming changes will be minor. So until they put a micro chip in action figures to make them move on their own Marvel Legends will remain KING $HIT.

still the 90s spiderman first scorpion figure looks way better then hasbros 5" try of a scorpion figure.

still the 90s spiderman first scorpion figure looks way better then hasbros 5" try of a scorpion figure.

Thats because hasbro's was a movie figure.Its based on video game art and it damn well pulls it off.

Don't quit on something good, just don't be a completist like some people and blow a lot of money on this line. It will only get better once us consumers make clear to Hasbro what we want in a Legends line. Already we are slowly seeing a change in their product, articulation seems to be switching back to what it should be and paint apps are slowly getting better. Just don't buy the sucky products that have a lack thereof and keep a on giving feedback and critique and they'll get the message, slowly but surely. If they want our money, they better deliver what people want. They do listen and read our feedback.

Thats because hasbro's was a movie figure.Its based on video game art and it damn well pulls it off.

the videogame version was great. i am talking about the first jade green and some sort of white painting on him. it had nothing to do with any videogame. believe me, i played them all.

Don't quit on something good, just don't be a completist like some people and blow a lot of money on this line. It will only get better once us consumers make clear to Hasbro what we want in a Legends line. Already we are slowly seeing a change in their product, articulation seems to be switching back to what it should be and paint apps are slowly getting better. Just don't buy the sucky products that have a lack thereof and keep a on giving feedback and critique and they'll get the message, slowly but surely. If they want our money, they better deliver what people want. They do listen and read our feedback.

i see hasbro is making some efforts but they are pretty slow. look at mattel. lobo cant be done? fans cryed and bam 4 months later, lobo comes. now thats learning and please guys like us. i am still believing that the figs with the old articulations are still toybiz figs they didnt produce. look at the new hulk line? some has them and others not? if you ask me it costs more to do multiple articulations then one. i dont want to discuss what hasbro has to do because there are guys who love there figs but hasbro told before that marvel is not a high seller as they thought. i dont want to buy figs and then go all over again if marvel toys gets the license back.

Case in point that they read feedback. A few months back, there was a thread to do away with BAF altogether and just revert back to doing custom bases and accessories. I posted a reply to have pack-ins as in interchangeable weaponry, katanas, interchangeable heads w/ unmasked versions, etc. Months later, we have 2 packs with all kinds of interchangeables stuff, heads (Elektra with or w/o bandana), Skrull version head, Hand Ninja with multiple Hand weapons (get the pun?). Like that? If only they would listen to return to large sized ICONs only for HUGE characters like Super Adaptoid, another Sentinel model, MOJO (Grotesque sized), Goliath (Ben Foster), Master Mold, Ultimo, Giant Leader Humanoids, Bi-Beast, Asgardian Trolls, the Living Monolith, They won't have to resort to BAFs anymore.

i've always said that icons should have been bigger characters. it was a waste of plastic making the same characters but just in a different scale.

As for hasbro listening, i agree they are doing it. not at well as one would have hoped for but they are. The characters choice are primarily fan chioces with a bit of modern stuff thrown in to satisfy the kids. I have always said that Hasbro best quality is their character choices.

Sure they may have been slow on the articulation and paint, but from the looks of think they held back on this years product to put those stuff in. We have been waiting on HML 4 but they put it back and improved on it. The hulk waves were romoured for last year and they held off telling us until the toyfair and nycc. then they showed us figures, which im sure almost everyone wants at least two of the 8 figures.

I say as long as they bring out Marvel Legends i will keep buying them. But that just me. Not everyone can do the same.

Case in point that they read feedback. A few months back, there was a thread to do away with BAF altogether and just revert back to doing custom bases and accessories. I posted a reply to have pack-ins as in interchangeable weaponry, katanas, interchangeable heads w/ unmasked versions, etc. Months later, we have 2 packs with all kinds of interchangeables stuff, heads (Elektra with or w/o bandana), Skrull version head, Hand Ninja with multiple Hand weapons (get the pun?). Like that? If only they would listen to return to large sized ICONs only for HUGE characters like Super Adaptoid, another Sentinel model, MOJO (Grotesque sized), Goliath (Ben Foster), Master Mold, Ultimo, Giant Leader Humanoids, Bi-Beast, Asgardian Trolls, the Living Monolith, They won't have to resort to BAFs anymore.

the heads thing is great. i love that too.

Yes, I'm quitting mostly because of the direction the line's getting, but that's not all, there are also some personal situations and, honestly, I'm kind of tired, I mean, I'm not gonna buy something I don't like, but staring at the figs I already have gets boring and boring each day.

I've tried to do creative things with them (SPAM ALERT!), such as the http://www.mlcovers.com website, but I'm not getting the kind of response I'd expected, this hobby isn't as social as I intended it to be.

But, hey, cheer up, at least I'm still enjoying the funnybooks.

i've always said that icons should have been bigger characters. it was a waste of plastic making the same characters but just in a different scale.

As for hasbro listening, i agree they are doing it. not at well as one would have hoped for but they are. The characters choice are primarily fan chioces with a bit of modern stuff thrown in to satisfy the kids. I have always said that Hasbro best quality is their character choices.

Sure they may have been slow on the articulation and paint, but from the looks of think they held back on this years product to put those stuff in. We have been waiting on HML 4 but they put it back and improved on it. The hulk waves were romoured for last year and they held off telling us until the toyfair and nycc. then they showed us figures, which im sure almost everyone wants at least two of the 8 figures.

I say as long as they bring out Marvel Legends i will keep buying them. But that just me. Not everyone can do the same.

i will get the one or the other too but not all. i agree that they listen but they are so slow. i will hate that they come and say that the legends are dead and we all will say: we told them so. now a funny thing. we got the wave one of spiderman figs. once again the movie figs and the ones that are selling: i could not believe it: green goblin and doc ock? how come? the new goblin no one looks at him. another thing about hasbro. why were there 8 black spideys in a box? what happend with that half black half red spidey? dissapointed me once again there. well the spidey sculpt is the worst ever but maybe i would have buyed him anyway.

Yes, I'm quitting mostly because of the direction the line's getting, but that's not all, there are also some personal situations and, honestly, I'm kind of tired, I mean, I'm not gonna buy something I don't like, but staring at the figs I already have gets boring and boring each day.

I've tried to do creative things with them (SPAM ALERT!), such as the http://www.mlcovers.com website, but I'm not getting the kind of response I'd expected, this hobby isn't as social as I intended it to be.

But, hey, cheer up, at least I'm still enjoying the funnybooks.

yeah, i know what you mean. i dont buy as much as before but i think i will never sell my legends. well in a way it is hard to separate me from them because most i paint myself. i hope you wont regret it when marveltoys gets the license back :P :P :P

the videogame version was great. i am talking about the first jade green and some sort of white painting on him. it had nothing to do with any videogame. believe me, i played them all.

The first one came from the Spider-Man Movie Video Game (Ya'know,the first one?)

1. the way it looks, hasbro is more focused on the superhero squad figures at the moment. So since ML's are in a hiatus, I'll be collecting superhero squad figures till they get back.

2. for the interchangeable head elektra figure, so what the hell happenes to her arms and legs? wouldnt they look stupid with a green head and regular color limbs? or does it also come with interchangeable skrull body parts?

1. the way it looks, hasbro is more focused on the superhero squad figures at the moment. So since ML's are in a hiatus, I'll be collecting superhero squad figures till they get back.

2. for the interchangeable head elektra figure, so what the hell happenes to her arms and legs? wouldnt they look stupid with a green head and regular color limbs? or does it also come with interchangeable skrull body parts?

OMG.

The Skrull Elektra is a COMPLETELY different figure from the regular.

There will be the regular 2 pack with elektra and ronin.

Then there will be a variant 2 pack with the skrull elektra and gold decorated ronin.

SO nieve.

OMG.

The Skrull Elektra is a COMPLETELY different figure from the regular.

There will be the regular 2 pack with elektra and ronin.

Then there will be a variant 2 pack with the skrull elektra and gold decorated ronin.

SO nieve.

yeah i agree that was a stupid thing to say even when we saw photo of the skrull elektra.

Skrulls can change in phases as seen in Illuminati Secret Invasion. Skrull/Black Bolt was shown in mid-transformation. So it would not look real stupid if he can transform halfway, or part of the way. The Super Skrull can transform in any phase possible with any of his F4 powers with any of his limbs at will, so it is possible. Hasbro can make a special series of figures that can interchange heads with any of the Avengers and voila! Secret Invasion Skrull !