Addicted?

JohnnyRebelV2

Who here spends way more money on ML or action figures in general than they should or can even afford (high limit credit cards come into play!) I only starting buying action figures in the fall of 2006 after a almost 5 year dry spell of quitting the hobby. ( but I used work every day as a kid so I could buy figures all the time) I've spent about 6 grand during the past two years and I hardly regret it. Sure I wish I didn't have to pay all those scalper prices on ebay, but it was the only way to get them. I mean what else would I do with all that money? Invest? Help pay for a fancy car? Spend it on other people? Donate to charities? HELL NO!

It's better than drinking and drugs and at least you have something you could sell off after to regain some of your money!

Who has melted down their Dark Phoenix, Absorbing Man or Juggernaut and injected the sweet, sweet plastic into their veins?

So how much do you spend and are you spending beyond your means?

my wife and i agreed that i have an allowance of $100 per paycheck ($200/month), and that goes away VERY quickly (figures, comics, games). it used to be $300 month but i had to take it down a notch.

i have almost every GI Joe that came out since the new 25th 5 packs hit shelves. thank god i dont army build. i might find a divorce document in my comic packs instead of a "rescue doc" form.

as for ML's, i dont have much of a collection... yet. i have a handful of maybe 5 or 6 figures? but i'll be making up for it and getting all of the avengers. that's my new collecting goal. sure i jumped on a little late, but hey, better than never. right?

oh and i have most of the superhero showdown figures. bought them for cheap as a lot from a joe board member who had to let them go. his loss, my gain! all i'm missing from those is elektra and venom. i hope the new hasbro 3.75" line is going to happen! (that scale is friendlier on shelf space)

so um, yes. highly addicted.

i have two jobs, one fulltime job to provide for the family, and a part time job just for figures. this addiction is crazy, but hey its better than buying drugs or spending it on hookers. I'd rather spend my money on figures than charity or car washes.

Yeah ! I am with you my brother ! I have a family and I work hard for them that's why my wife dont get mad with me everytime that I spend more than $ 40.00 a month in my figures ...

did shipwreck have a parroit what the hell hapenned to it?

yeah he still comes with a parrot (pauley). that pic is not shipwreck. its my self custom. (i'm in the navy if my avatar doesnt give that away)

I sincerely thought you were a male stripper.Or gay.

Im sorry.

I already spent over $1,000 this year and it isn't on new stuff. Since I have had no new stuff I went ahead and bought all the toybiz ML's that I did not really want/need, like a lot of the variants and 3 more Sentinels. I also got some smeagols to go with my mole man and I am up to 7 Hydra soldiers. I did finally get Titanium man and open cockpit Iron monger. Don't know if I want to build an IM army though. Any thoughts on this? I really don't need to feed my addiction, but Aug is too long of a wait.

Last year wasn't so bad since I spent around $2,000.

Like Hellion I have 2 jobs and like Shipwreck Jr. also I put money aside for my addiction. As JohnnyRebelV2 says it is better than drugs!

did shipwreck have a parroit what the hell hapenned to it?

yeah he still comes with a parrot (pauley). that pic is not shipwreck. its my self custom. (i'm in the navy if my avatar doesnt give that away)

I sincerely thought you were a male stripper.Or gay.

Im sorry.

Do we give awards for quotable posts on this board? I'd like to nominate this.

Nothing at all against ShipJr, it's just that the bluntness of this post is hilarious! :laugh: