MARVEL LEGENDS CANCELLED

Rollo Tomassi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel Legends is always being "canceled" of late.

I'm trying to speculate tho, how I would feel if this turns out to be true at some point in the near future. Sad? Angry? Relieved? Probably somewhere between sad and relieved. They're just getting too expensive and the end of the line would really solve the dilemma as to whether I would even keep buying figures due to the pending price hikes (at least with the Hulk stuff).

It's also difficult to believe someone named Rollo Tomasi.

from what i understand reading it is that they only reveal a 3.75 line. tell me how those that cancel ml?

Weel gee, the conversation went something like this...

Source: Marvel figures will availible in 3.75 going forward and superhero {squad} 2 pks.

Me: What?!?! They are cancelling th 6" line?!?!

Source: Yes.

Me: That blows.

Source: They will have 6 inch figures in the movie releases only. So Wolverine will have 6" figures.

Me: Nobody is excited about movie figures except some douche Vice President at Wal-Mart.

Source: They are marketing towards young boys that play with figures and not collectors. Unleashed 2 packs will still be availible.

Me. What are those?

Source: I dont know. What do you think of Mighty Muggs?

Me: I think they suck. I think thats a Japanese fetish market.

Source: "Hasbro is certain collectors will be excited about the changes." HA! I laugh every time I hear them say they take questions from collectors seriously.

Source: Marvel Legends is not cancelled.

Me: Really?? Some guy said they were on the Marvelousnews forums.

Source: Well he's wrong! They are moving forward with a 3.75 inch line but they will continue to produce 6 inch figures as well.

Me: Really? Wicked!

Source: Yes! And Hasbro is also building a full scale working Optimus Prime that actually transforms into a life size truck that you can drive! No lisence required!!

Hey! I can do it too! :P

i believe rollo, but his source sounds like he has no clue wtf hes talking about.

"superhero 2 packs" yet rollo put words in his mouth saying "squad". what if the source was talking about the latest 6 inch 2 packs?

sounds like what we have here is a failure to communicate, leading to a LOT of assumptions.

hey rollo, call your source back and ask him specifically WHAT the 2 packs are called. and WHAT the unleashed figures are. last thing i knew, marvel unleashed was 8 inch figures (like the one we saw of iron man at NYCC)

although hasbro likes to throw around that word for everything... (i'm still pissed they shrunk down the star wars unleashed "statues".)

i'll take this all with a grain of salt until we get a Q&A feedback or something.

(but if the 3.75" line is true... WOOHOO!!!! glad i bought that gi joe pack of hand ninjas.)

Yeah I welcome a 3 3/4 inch line if:

1. They are equal quality and articulation to the 25th Joes, if not better

2. The line is in proper scale. small guys are 3 3/4, medium is 4 inch and big guys are up to 5 even 6 inches.

3. Playsets dammit, I want PLAYSETS!

4. They keep making 6 inch scale ML figures. If they don't I will boycott all Marvel figures until the license is returned to Toybiz/Marvel.

Source: Marvel Legends is not cancelled.

Me: Really?? Some guy said they were on the Marvelousnews forums.

Source: Well he's wrong! They are moving forward with a 3.75 inch line but they will continue to produce 6 inch figures as well.

Me: Really? Wicked!

Source: Yes! And Hasbro is also building a full scale working Optimus Prime that actually transforms into a life size truck that you can drive! No lisence required!!

Hey! I can do it too! :P

yea your right, until i see the proof, im not belive one bit of this junk.

sixx inch is GREAT, but i want to be able to despplay my marvel figures with snake eyes and darth vader

and a first off want DEADPOOL

and a wave like this (3 3/4)

hydra soldier (classic costume)

AIM soldier

hellfire club soldier

doom bot

sheild agent

BAF classic sentinel (repaint of old one, but a classic purple repaint)

an all army bulder wave, even the BAF

see, 3 3/4 scale is better because it is easier to have to scale BAF

this needs to be a sticky

why?

so that every month when somebody tries to drive the internet forums crazy with rumors they only have to look in one spot.

if u feel like the world is gonna end and you see signs of the apocalypse just click here and enjoy

ive been a collector and forum lurker long enough to laugh at this threads. maybe if this wasn't a monthly event i would be scared. some in the past have even had me going. i actually get disgusted now to see the amount of replies these threads get, i feel like we are giving the rumor starters what they wanted in the first place.

it would not surprise me. when you do the main line exclusive then it is the last way to sell them. hasbro will say nothing about it at sdcc because they want to bring out the last waves. next year they will release the bomb that it is finished. i am saying this from the begining and i bet it is true. now i dont wanna believe it either but thats the way the legends are heading in my opinion. still i wait for the word for hasbro. i can take a while because hasbro still learns how to do a q&a for the marvel section.