MARVEL LEGENDS CANCELLED

Rollo Tomassi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would not surprise me. when you do the main line exclusive then it is the last way to sell them. hasbro will say nothing about it at sdcc because they want to bring out the last waves. next year they will release the bomb that it is finished. i am saying this from the begining and i bet it is true. now i dont wanna believe it either but thats the way the legends are heading in my opinion. still i wait for the word for hasbro. i can take a while because hasbro still learns how to do a q&a for the marvel section.

Good for them, now Marvel can shift the license to some other manufacturer, like say McFarlane Toys (anyone saw how they handled the HALO3 line?) or Mattel (at least they have the 4 Horsemen) and better yet, get this thing back in Marvel Toys' hands !

Oh, is it that time of the month again?

Why does the forum have some kind of period thing?

I'm not sure, but the analogy seems pretty apt. Moody and bleeding for about a week, then calm for about 3 1/2 weeks... then it starts all over again. I've known women who can chart their cycle on a calendar, and I'm pretty certain I could do so with the "ML is DEAD!" threads.

(no offense intended to the female members of the board, I mean it purely as a joke)

Rollo has been around and I don't think he's a liar I just doubt his source. They sure have a $hit load of figures coming out from Aug to Dec. Why would they bother with all that then cancel it cold turkey?

lemonhead was on the DC forums a lot before he bagan his infamous rants. then, we re-programmed him.

Oh, is it that time of the month again?

Why does the forum have some kind of period thing?

I'm not sure, but the analogy seems pretty apt. Moody and bleeding for about a week, then calm for about 3 1/2 weeks... then it starts all over again. I've known women who can chart their cycle on a calendar, and I'm pretty certain I could do so with the "ML is DEAD!" threads.

(no offense intended to the female members of the board, I mean it purely as a joke)

You can't trust ANYTHING that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die...

Source: Marvel Legends is not cancelled.

Me: Really?? Some guy said they were on the Marvelousnews forums.

Source: Well he's wrong! They are moving forward with a 3.75 inch line but they will continue to produce 6 inch figures as well.

Me: Really? Wicked!

Source: Yes! And Hasbro is also building a full scale working Optimus Prime that actually transforms into a life size truck that you can drive! No lisence required!!

Hey! I can do it too! :P

Lol! Good one.

SP1D3R-V3N0M

With some of the decisions Hasbro has made is this really so unbelievable? If this is true then congratulations goes to Hasbro…you’ve lost me as a customer. Your wonderful work has really made me thrilled to lose the line. You’ve made Marvel Legends not even worth my while. Interest was hardly trekking along to begin with. My wallet’s sure to be happy! What’s that? Hello DCUC! I can't wait until the day DCUC suddenly goes to Hasbro for seemingly no apparent reason and they mess that up too! I'm eagerly anticipating it! Huzzah! Hurray for Hasbro's incompetents. It saves us all money in the end. If it’s true I say it’s a blessing in disguise. I was getting tired of buy Hasbro’s sub par attempts to begin with.

How can you complain about Hasbro's Legends and in the same breath express excitement about DCUC? Nineties Toybiz figures had more articulation.

While thats funny i'll have to stick up for DCUC and say they aren't THAT bad, but HML is still the better line overall, just weird how people blindly go for DCUC over it.

they go for dcuc cause they want to diss hasbro and they can't get over toybiz being gone. simple as that.

How can you complain about Hasbro's Legends and in the same breath express excitement about DCUC? Nineties Toybiz figures had more articulation.

While thats funny i'll have to stick up for DCUC and say they aren't THAT bad, but HML is still the better line overall, just weird how people blindly go for DCUC over it.

...and I have to essentially second him. I collect 6" figures and love the ML, but if they drop it, I'm already on the DCUC now and love them. The articulation is much better than the old DC figs and the sculpts and paint are better than 90% of Hasbro's MLs. I don't even read DC, but these figures are very well done.

Of course, since it's all an unsubstantiated rumor at this point, it doesn't really matter.

GEEK

they go for dcuc cause they want to diss hasbro and they can't get over toybiz being gone. simple as that.

Amen to that!

Amen to that!

Hehe, guess thats the reason.

Don't get me wrong, i bought DCUC wave one Batman, he's a good figure, but i'll still say HML is done better.

And also while ML seems to be slow going and stuff and theres no hint of one, i've gotta believe Hasbro has a 6 inch comic based Iron Man line in store for us, they gotta be seeing how well the movie did and its toys are selling, surely they are smart enough to also see that in TBs run the IM figures were some of the best seller so a whole wave based on him and his allies/enemies and a BAF would work.

I still to this day don't understand the necessity or reasoning behind Marvel giving the Marvel Legend rights to another company.

The old saying "If it's not broke, don't fix it." comes to mind. I mean fans were perfectly pleased with what they were getting from ToyBiz/Marvel toys. They had to of known there would be some level of backlash from fans of the toyline. I had high hopes myself. I thought after the first few lines, Hasbro would get with it and fix the few mistakes they'd made.

I can live without a free comic book included with my figure, but there can be no argument that the quality of the figures has decreased substantially. I was hooked on Legends, but I haven't purchased one since I picked up Astonishing Cyclops a few months ago.

Hasbro's strong point has always been their 3 3/4 inch scale figures, so I'm honestly hoping (on some level) that this rumor is true. As I feel it may make all of the mistakes they were making go away. While at such a small scale the figures may lack in certain details, Hasbro has proven they can make some very pretty and well articulated figures at this scale. This also opens the doors for vehicles, play sets, lower priced figures, more characters per line, more gift packs, etc.

So I say go for the 3 3/4 inch figures, it's your strong point and if the quality matches that of the 25th Anniversary GI Joe figures, I'll pick them up. I'll miss Marvel Legends, but I'd rather them end it with a bang than slumping sales killing the line off.

I still to this day don't understand the necessity or reasoning behind Marvel giving the Marvel Legend rights to another company.

The old saying "If it's not broke, don't fix it." comes to mind. I mean fans were perfectly pleased with what they were getting from ToyBiz/Marvel toys. They had to of known there would be some level of backlash from fans of the toyline. I had high hopes myself. I thought after the first few lines, Hasbro would get with it and fix the few mistakes they'd made.

I can live without a free comic book included with my figure, but there can be no argument that the quality of the figures has decreased substantially. I was hooked on Legends, but I haven't purchased one since I picked up Astonishing Cyclops a few months ago.

Hasbro's strong point has always been their 3 3/4 inch scale figures, so I'm honestly hoping (on some level) that this rumor is true. As I feel it may make all of the mistakes they were making go away. While at such a small scale the figures may lack in certain details, Hasbro has proven they can make some very pretty and well articulated figures at this scale. This also opens the doors for vehicles, play sets, lower priced figures, more characters per line, more gift packs, etc.

So I say go for the 3 3/4 inch figures, it's your strong point and if the quality matches that of the 25th Anniversary GI Joe figures, I'll pick them up. I'll miss Marvel Legends, but I'd rather them end it with a bang than slumping sales killing the line off.

there is also another saying that comes to mind. "Money Talks". Hasbro payed a higher price for the liscense then TB.

on the matter of DC Universe. Mattel is also releasing a 3.75 line to go with there 6inch line. they both will be running at the same time.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/M...iRez_115156.asp

so i don't see why people think just cuase where getting a 3.75 line means that they're canceling the ML line. Mattel is there biggest rival so is Mattel does it then Hasbro will try to do both as well.

as for the 3.75 line i do hope they realise some people that would work with the ml line like Ant-man, Wasp or even some Mole People.