MARVEL LEGENDS CANCELLED

Rollo Tomassi

so no 3 3/4 after all! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Yeah, I agree. No offense to anyone that was hot for this line, but I was really feeling like the release of a 3 3/4 line would've been the death knell for the ML line. Hopefully we all get fat on the new releases to end the year and hear some exciting stuff at SDCC!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i understand reading it is that they only reveal a 3.75 line. tell me how those that cancel ml?

Weel gee, the conversation went something like this...

Source: Marvel figures will availible in 3.75 going forward and superhero {squad} 2 pks.

Me: What?!?! They are cancelling th 6" line?!?!

Source: Yes.

Me: That blows.

Source: They will have 6 inch figures in the movie releases only. So Wolverine will have 6" figures.

Me: Nobody is excited about movie figures except some douche Vice President at Wal-Mart.

Source: They are marketing towards young boys that play with figures and not collectors. Unleashed 2 packs will still be availible.

Me. What are those?

Source: I dont know. What do you think of Mighty Muggs?

Me: I think they suck. I think thats a Japanese fetish market.

Source: "Hasbro is certain collectors will be excited about the changes." HA! I laugh every time I hear them say they take questions from collectors seriously.

i don't want a 3 inch marvel fig they suck!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't assume from Hasbro's answer that there's no 3 3/4" line. Re-read the answer very carefully...they don't deny that it exists. They just say "We have no news."

Hasbro's done this kind of thing many, many times before, most recently with the "Giant-sized" Millennium Falcon toy that's coming this year in the Star Wars Q&A. They denied, denied, denied right up until pictures popped up online. They're rather infamous for that sort of thing.

In other words, "We have no news on a 3.75" line" could very well mean "We have no news on a 3.75" line....until SDCC when we decide we want to have news about it."

And for all of you decrying that "Superhero Showdown Sucks!" et al....how quickly you forget that Hasbro didn't do Superhero Showdown. Arguably Hasbro is the best producer of 3.75-4" scale figures in the world (between G.I. Joe, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones). A 3.75" Marvel product from Hasbro is likely to be vastly superior to what we got in SHS. Not to mention the smaller scale offers up far, far more opportunity for some of the more obscure characters that people want so bad. Not to mention vehicles and playsets.

And yes, 3.75" and 6" figures can happily coexist, to boot. As long as both still sell, Hasbro will gladly keep making them.

Hasbro is going to be unveiling a 3.75 line for 2009. THey are done with the 6" line according to sources at their Spring 2009 rollout in RHode Island this week.

Eff you Hasbro. Eff you in the A.

IT WONT HAPPEN WE WENT OVER THIS BEFORE DONT TRY TO BE FAMOUS.....

• 3 weeks later...

All of you, the writing's on the effing WALL. They are rolling out a new line to test the waters, and if the 3 3/4" line makes big money, I mean BIG money, they will slowly let ML 6" line die a slow death and let it fade away . . . . SLOWLY. The ML 2 packs are going to be still done . . . in a reduced capacity, very reduced capacity and it will with figures that generate little interest to the collectors. Watch and see. The ICONS are a good example. The best thing to happen is if Marvel Select is allowed to pick up the pieces, but I doubt if Hasbro's gonna let that happen. They don't want a competing line next to 3 3/4" line, so they will let the 6" line die a slow, slow death. Hasbro is really a 3 3/4" universe and this is their baby and they look at 6" line as ToyBiz' baby not theirs.

All of you, the writing's on the effing WALL. They are rolling out a new line to test the waters, and if the 3 3/4" line makes big money, I mean BIG money, they will slowly let ML 6" line die a slow death and let it fade away . . . . SLOWLY. The ML 2 packs are going to be still done . . . in a reduced capacity, very reduced capacity and it will with figures that generate little interest to the collectors. Watch and see. The ICONS are a good example. The best thing to happen is if Marvel Select is allowed to pick up the pieces, but I doubt if Hasbro's gonna let that happen. They don't want a competing line next to 3 3/4" line, so they will let the 6" line die a slow, slow death. Hasbro is really a 3 3/4" universe and this is their baby and they look at 6" line as ToyBiz' baby not theirs.

And with whatever molds they already have and can re-use.

Heh...guess what?

Rollo was basically right.

Thanks for the validation.

You were right about there being a 3.75" line, which was already rumored since the day it was announced Hasbro was getting the license.

There are signs that 6" is on the downswing, but 'done' doesn't appear to be accurate at all. There is, at this point, no assurance that the line will last into (or through) next year, but there's also no real sign or confirmation that it won't. Especially with Hasbro leaning more towards store exclusives, I have to wonder again how much stuff there might be that your 'source' simply doesn't know about because it's not going to his store.

So far... congrats, you were 'basically right' about a rumor that all of us had already heard a million times, which Hasbro had been evasive about for the last year. If that sounds like validation to you, then sure, yeah, go you. Keep up that genius-level detective work.