MARVEL LEGENDS CANCELLED

Rollo Tomassi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah i can see hasbro doing the 3" line. repaint a gyjoe jet blue then it is the x-jet. then repaint it in silver and there you go the avengers jet. oh and then green for the hulk jet. of course the red one is for spidey and he can shoot plastic webs out of it. great hasbro, realy great. lets even take some star wars battle tanks and make them ultrons or dooms hidden arsenal.

oh and compare this

hml wave1 wolverine to superman

hml wave1 emma to harley

movie hulk and ironman to movie masters batman.

i dont wanna judge but some guys realy need to look closer. it is not the articulations who count but the end product who actualy looks amazing. hasbro is doing better? i wait until the new waves come out and then we meed back again.

Hey guys. As far as this topic goes, you can believe it or don't. I got pertinent information from a Toy Buyer for a retail chain in the south who was AT HASBRO watching their Spring 2009 presentation. And I thought I would share it with you. Make of it what you will. I don't spread rumors or make stuff up. If I say I THINK something is going to happen and its just my opinion, I will be sure to say so in my post. If I get INFORMATION like this from a credible source, I pass it along to you. I guess we will all find out together next year if I'm lying or not, but I kinda doubt Hasbro would invite retailers from all over the country to their semi annual presentation and they show malicious false slideshow presentations about what products they are offering next year. This wasn't a fanboy wankoff Comic Convention. These are the people that spend millions of dollars with them every year.

So if I've offended anyone with my insider information, I apologize.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled shenanigans.

Hey guys. As far as this topic goes, you can believe it or don't. I got pertinent information from a Toy Buyer for a retail chain in the south who was AT HASBRO watching their Spring 2009 presentation. And I thought I would share it with you. Make of it what you will. I don't spread rumors or make stuff up. If I say I THINK something is going to happen and its just my opinion, I will be sure to say so in my post. If I get INFORMATION like this from a credible source, I pass it along to you. I guess we will all find out together next year if I'm lying or not, but I kinda doubt Hasbro would invite retailers from all over the country to their semi annual presentation and they show malicious false slideshow presentations about what products they are offering next year. This wasn't a fanboy wankoff Comic Convention. These are the people that spend millions of dollars with them every year.

as i said before why should you lie. thats what i think is crazy around here. a guy has some info and most say he is a liar, i dont get that? i believe you and i wait to have confirmation from hasbro and voila. if it is a lie then you better hide :D :P :D :P :D :P

Well...

1. No one knows who your 'source' is. Now, I'll grant that this is sensible, but you have to understand that any 'source' that no one can pinpoint may as well be my uncle's babysitter's roommate's ex-boyfriend's cousin. Then there's the people at this board who doubt the credibility even of the known and verifiable sources... Did you seriously think that you were going to put up a post that said 'eff you, Hasbro' and claimed a 'source', then follow up with a paraphrased conversation that gave no facts, and everyone was going to take it at face value? Seriously?

2. Your 'source' seems to know very little in the way of actual facts. You paraphrased, put words in the mouth of the 'source', and gave nothing of any actual substance and/or detail. It doesn't really feel like your 'source' knows enough 'information' to even call it such. I'm not even trying to knock this 'source', but they don't sound like someone who cares to any real extent about the toys themselves, which if they are a toy buyer, makes a lot of sense. This makes it VERY likely that there are plenty of details and plans that they simply do not know/care about.

3. Marvel Legends as we know it has already been in flux for some time, and could still be made regardless of what your 'source' says. The FF wave and the upcoming Hulk Legends can rightfully be called 'movie lines' when you get down to it, so saying that 6" will only apply to movies doesn't mean a lot. Then there's the fact that 2 of the 3 regular waves this year are store exclusives- if Hasbro continues to make ML as store exclusives, it makes sense they wouldn't bother to promote them to people who CAN'T buy them to sell at their stores. Then there's the two-packs, which could very well turn into the 'Unleashed' two-packs that your person mentions, as you already note. It's obvious that Hasbro has put a lot of work and effort into (most of) the 2-packs, and they seem to be counting on them to do well, so it actually makes quite a bit of sense.

Sorry man, but this sounds more like you know a guy who paid half-attention during a slideshow, then gave you a bunch of general fluff rather than any actual details, than you actually providing credible facts from someone reliable. I'm not trying to knock you or this guy you're talking to, but there's a lot of incomplete and outright missing information here that needs to be addressed before anyone can declare the line 'canceled' based on what boils down to one toy buyer's guess.

..it would make sense. With the cost of oil a smaller scale ML line would probable save Hasbro (and us) some money. It happened in the 1970s when they shrunk GI Joe down from 12" to 8". Some things that might be better with a smaller scale...

Scale (always bothered me that some ML figures were not to scale)

Playsets (would love some for display)

Price ($10 a pop is way to much these days for a action figure!).

Interesting to see what Hasbro has planned.

..it would make sense. With the cost of oil a smaller scale ML line would probable save Hasbro (and us) some money. It happened in the 1970s when they shrunk GI Joe down from 12" to 8". Some things that might be better with a smaller scale...

Scale (always bothered me that some ML figures were not to scale)

Playsets (would love some for display)

Price ($10 a pop is way to much these days for a action figure!).

Interesting to see what Hasbro has planned.

I would be all over a 3.75" Marvel line...Hasbro tends to have pretty darn good quality on that scale.

But don't forget vehicles....Fantasticar, Quinjet, Blackbird/X-Jet....Heck, in many cases you could retool 6" scale molds of the old X-Jets and be able to fit 2-4 3.75" figures in there....

That having been said, I'd like to see the 6" scale continue, but I won't be too upset if it doesn't.

The ML line is in its death throes and only a faint heartbeat can be detected at that. That's why product is coming out quite sparingly. Hasbro is only milking it for the movie tie-ins. And we're gettting mini Hulks and Abominations right now and Hulk fists and the like. Let's just get a new line to collect, like say the Superhero Squads since they shell out more product and characters in this line. Exclusives is probably the route they're really exploring and the best way to continue the line on a limited basis. Let's face it, the BAF idea has run its course. It is getting hard for them to come up with a WHOLE wave of characters to fill in for a BAF themed wave. And since there is no new X-Men movies in the near future (which is really the bestsellers from a historical point of view), they won't have much to make except for rehashing the redistributing old sculpts from circa 2002-2004. We'll see when Spring 2009 rolls along and hope for the best, but the 2 packs are probably the way to go at this this time.

Oh FFS Annihilator stop being so damn negative all the time.and telling us to move on to a new line? SUPER HERO SQUAD?

Your head is not screwed on right.Hasbro ML's are better than having NO ML's,so shut yer negative trap.

Super Hero squad is for sissys. Nuff' Said.

funny i thought they were for children :P

There's no way they would expect us to settle with SHS! It's just crazy! There are so many characters to be made on ML.

I personally can't see myself buying those little things they are just bad or even a 3.75 Line. I'm sorry.

If the line ends I'll be sad but I'll get over it. I'll go on eBay and start buying ML 10 over and over again and build an army of Sentinels. I would eventually buy ML1 Toad.

Oh FFS Annihilator stop being so damn negative all the time.and telling us to move on to a new line? SUPER HERO SQUAD?

Your head is not screwed on right.Hasbro ML's are better than having NO ML's,so shut yer negative trap.

Super Hero squad is for sissys. Nuff' Said.

funny i thought they were for children :P

Children that will grow up to be sissys! May as well give the kid some poly pockets. If you want your kid to grow up to be a real man give him some Marvel Legends... or a gun. Boo-YAH!

Rollo, the naysayers will all come graveling back to you for more info when they realize you are right. I heard a lot of the same info from a source at Hasbro, so don't be surprised if all of this comes to fruition. I am bummed, I feel like i have a huge collection that will now forever feel incomplete, with so many Awesome figures that were not produced in favor of doing lame ass rehashes. I hope i can get some final nuggets(Warlock, Union Jack, Ronin, Nova...) for my collection before the end of the year, IF these waves make it out.

The best thing that could happen is for Marvel to do a special arrangement with Marvel Toys and shift the Marvel Legends license back to Jesse Falcon and his crew. Much like the Marvel Select line (I don't recall Hasbro doing Marvel Select, do they ?) They were the ones that made this line a hit in the first place. They know their S#!t more than anything else !

it amazes me when people think toybiz did better then hasbro has been doing i seem to remeber a whole wave of mls that sucked ( mojo) and at least my hasbro figs stand and have tight joints . and about the price of the figs i was already paying 8-10 dollars for the toybiz figs so the increase wasnt that bad. ( it will be if 15 dollars isnt just for the hulk figs). but back to the topic at hand as always just wait till next years toyfair before you spaz and if it is canceled oh well it was a good run from both companys.and if it continues in just the 2 packs then fine.if its just movie figs i will buy them if they are good and 6 inches and you never know maybe the will release comic figures based on the movies (Like ff,spider man ,hulk)

Rollo, the naysayers will all come graveling back to you for more info when they realize you are right. I heard a lot of the same info from a source at Hasbro, so don't be surprised if all of this comes to fruition. I am bummed, I feel like i have a huge collection that will now forever feel incomplete, with so many Awesome figures that were not produced in favor of doing lame ass rehashes. I hope i can get some final nuggets(Warlock, Union Jack, Ronin, Nova...) for my collection before the end of the year, IF these waves make it out.

The exclusive waves will come out, Hasbro has a contract with Target and Wal-Mart that they can't break.

If Hasbro dumps ML 6" Figures, it's DCUC all the way for me, I already have the first 2 waves, I'll just stick with them totaly then. The only reason for them to go from a 6" $10.00 figure to a 3 3/4" More than likely $7.00 figure (based on what GI Joes are going for in my area $6.84),is two fold. One is oil prices and two is if they can drain 3/4 ($7.00) of the profit for a 3 3/4" figure out of your pocket, is good greedy buisness sense.

• 3 weeks later...