two questions on new 3.75 inch marvel legends

ToBeLoved

Technically, Hasbro is referring to the new Joe Line as 100mm.(a minor quibble) I'm assuming this new line will be in same scale as the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and GIJoe figures.

Y'know because thats what we collectors asked for... :rolleyes:

Since it was their Spring 2009 Showcase, you'll bee seeing them next year. Unless it's like every other Marvel product that Hasbro puts out and gets pushed back nine months or so....:rolleyes:

How do these compare with the Marvel SuperHero Showdown series by ToyBiz? Are they roughly the same scale ?

Well, nobody has actually SEEN the figures, but its a safe bet they will be similar in size. I hazard a guess that the Hasbro figures will be slightly bigger. My friend has some Showdown figures next to his Joes and they are shrimpy in comparison. It probably doesn't matter as most of the SHowdown figures were "big guns" in the Marvel U and will probably have Hasbro figures sooner rather than later. Will we see prototypes at SDCC and WWChicago? I hope so, but who knows. I won't be buying them either way, but I will feel slightly vindicated.

Hasbro has so far refused to confirm or deny the plans for the 3 3/4 line. For the Indiana Jones line they said they were intentionally making the figures in scale with GI Joe, so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for Marvel.

The only issue for me is the degree of articulation. If the Marvels have the same poseability as the new Joes, with more range of motion in the elbows, then I might just be a completist. If the have T-Crotches like the new DC line, then I will pass on the line.