Side Effects of no new product

Rollo Tomassi

It's been a wasteland at the stores for awhile. Sure I find the Movie Master Batman, and IM figures a few weeks ago. And before that I was hunting for DCUC Wave 2. But for the past month or so, the shelves have been barren.

I bought a Wall-E figure to hang with my Movie Figures. I bought a Speed Racer Mach 5 because it looks in scale with the 6" figures. That's how bored/desperate I am to spend money on toys. I almost bought that Animated Black Spidey because I was bored.

I have bought EIGHT Hydra Soldiers. I wouldn't do that if there was a steady stream of new toys coming out. But I walk into the store and there isn't anything new. Just a bunch of Orions. And Movie Colossus. Even all the Diamond Emma Frost's are finally gone from TRU. There's just NOTHING there. And nothing on the horizon. We haven't seen a new Legend series since the Holidays, and nothing is coming until the Hulk figs in August ( more likely September before we actually SEE them). All The DCUC and Dark Knight stuff is in some kind of limbo because of lead paint spot checking.

So I feel bad for making the trip and returning empty handed, so I lift that Hydra soldier off the shelf. Another $10. I should be saving up for COmic Con, but I can't help myself...

What have you guys been doing in this interminably long dry spell?

i have stopped going out to the stores like i use to. i have other people that go out every day and if they see something that i am interested in in the way of marvel figures they call me. that is when i will go out and buy what is new that i need. this way i do not waste all the time and gas by going out and buying absolutely nothing.

Rollo I feel ya. I've bought every damn figure on ebay that I never planned to get. I have them all now. ML, Hulk classics, FF classics, Spidey classics (except a lot of variants and the needless repeat spider-man figures from the classics line) Then I bought Hulk and Abomination from the movie line that I didn't want. Then a boat load of Indiana Jones figures including the jeep and cargo truck! I didn't plan to get any of this. Thats what the 8 past months with 0 ML figures being released will do to ya.

Rollo I feel ya. I've bought every damn figure on ebay that I never planned to get. I have them all now. ML, Hulk classics, FF classics, Spidey classics (except a lot of variants and the needless repeat spider-man figures from the classics line) Then I bought Hulk and Abomination from the movie line that I didn't want. Then a boat load of Indiana Jones figures including the jeep and cargo truck! I didn't plan to get any of this. Thats what the 8 past months with 0 ML figures being released will do to ya.

Thankfully I've managed to avoid the smaller sized lines. Avoiding Indy and SW has been easy because those figures look like ass, but the GIJoe line has been a siren luring me in. I know that if I broke down, I would end up getting EVERYTHING in that line. And then I would start hunting down all the older stuff like Valor Vs Venom, and all the TRU Exclusives. Ugh. Scary to think about.

I've hit ebay a few times in the past couple months. Mostly looking for older DC Direct stuff. I console myself by telling myself that I got a good deal on them... :)

yeah it has been dead. really sucks because i spent the last 3 years of my life in japan, missing out on all the cool US toys (my heart is with hasbro, not takara). so i get back home and NOTHING.

sure, i found a few iron man figures. a few (okay like a dozen) GI Joes i needed to catch up on. otherwise its been slim pickin's. (edit to rollo's post: HECK YEAH to GI Joes, man. i have about 90% of the new stuff. its awesome! cant get enough of that crac- uh, i mean figures!)

i am jonesing so bad for new stuff, i nearly bought a 1:18 scale camaro, and a t-shirt mutt williams to make a nicely scaled custom sam witwicky/bumblebee set. (sure i'd have to custom paint the camaro yellow w/black stripes, and somehow paint a "the strokes" logo on mutt's shirt, but that's part of the fun for me)

instead i lucked out and found the new roadblock and tigerforce flint. NAB!

sucks about legends though. and like BreaKid, i am kinda new to collecting ML's (i've had a few, but never wanted to hunt them all down until recently), so ebay will be my new way to curb my addiction. er, feed it?

other forum members are a good source too.

it sucks that i come back home to bare shelves. i guess its better than being spit on.

It's been a wasteland at the stores for awhile. Sure I find the Movie Master Batman, and IM figures a few weeks ago. And before that I was hunting for DCUC Wave 2. But for the past month or so, the shelves have been barren.

I bought a Wall-E figure to hang with my Movie Figures. I bought a Speed Racer Mach 5 because it looks in scale with the 6" figures. That's how bored/desperate I am to spend money on toys. I almost bought that Animated Black Spidey because I was bored.

I have bought EIGHT Hydra Soldiers. I wouldn't do that if there was a steady stream of new toys coming out. But I walk into the store and there isn't anything new. Just a bunch of Orions. And Movie Colossus. Even all the Diamond Emma Frost's are finally gone from TRU. There's just NOTHING there. And nothing on the horizon. We haven't seen a new Legend series since the Holidays, and nothing is coming until the Hulk figs in August ( more likely September before we actually SEE them). All The DCUC and Dark Knight stuff is in some kind of limbo because of lead paint spot checking.

So I feel bad for making the trip and returning empty handed, so I lift that Hydra soldier off the shelf. Another $10. I should be saving up for COmic Con, but I can't help myself...

What have you guys been doing in this interminably long dry spell?

I feel your pain dude .... I am doing the same freaking thing ......

i suffered with the same problem, so i just did all my shopping online and looked for "missing" figures of a wave. but when i was going through this, i spent my money on the transofrmers robot heroes and the indiana jones superhero squad figures. kinda regret it though cause i only care for shs.

hey, maybe hasbro is keeping us dry on purpose as a way for us to start buying there other lines, and i guess it worked right? HASholes.

I am going through severe ML withdrawals here as well. I have resorted to buying figures such as Emma Frost and Danger. I've always thought the Emma Frost figure is hideous and I dislike the costume that was chosen. Danger is part of the Astonishing run and I only collect figures that appeared in Uncanny X-Men and X-Men (Vol. 2). Today I went on eBay and bought X-23 <_< What sucks is that Danger and X-23 I owned at one point and got rid of them on eBay. I am re buying figures!!!

I still need to get; Toad, Deadpool, and Bobby Drake but my birthday is coming up in 3 weeks and I know that my boyfriend will get me at least one of the three. The rest I am planning to get on the last day of comic con. I can't wait till comic-con! I will be there on preview night and I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Hasbro is selling the new figures that day!

I’ve been sticking to Indiana Jones. I haven’t been able to find much of anything else. With Marvel Legends, they’re just not releasing anything. Wave 2 of DCUC’s is essentially impossible to come by up here. I can only find Batman from the Movie Masters series, which I’m really only after Joker and the Goon. Then Star Wars is a rarity for me these days, I’ve not come across any of the evolutions sets and they’re not even considered new anymore. My collecting days as of late have been very…bland. Plus to top it off, my friends have been having party after party and gas isn't cheap. Money is hurting these days.

I can't wait till comic-con! I will be there on preview night and I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Hasbro is selling the new figures that day!

since when could you buy figures from hasbro at the con? (other than the con exclusive)

geez i havent been to a con since... 2004? and i'm a san diego native! stupid navy assignments...

I can't wait till comic-con! I will be there on preview night and I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Hasbro is selling the new figures that day!

since when could you buy figures from hasbro at the con? (other than the con exclusive)

geez i havent been to a con since... 2004? and i'm a san diego native! stupid navy assignments...

Well I meant the ones we know they will be selling, The complete FFF Wave and Savage Land set.

I am going through severe ML withdrawals here as well. I have resorted to buying figures such as Emma Frost and Danger. I've always thought the Emma Frost figure is hideous and I dislike the costume that was chosen. Danger is part of the Astonishing run and I only collect figures that appeared in Uncanny X-Men and X-Men (Vol. 2). Today I went on eBay and bought X-23 <_< What sucks is that Danger and X-23 I owned at one point and got rid of them on eBay. I am re buying figures!!!

I still need to get; Toad, Deadpool, and Bobby Drake but my birthday is coming up in 3 weeks and I know that my boyfriend will get me at least one of the three. The rest I am planning to get on the last day of comic con. I can't wait till comic-con! I will be there on preview night and I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Hasbro is selling the new figures that day!

Morph has a boyfriend? Do you shape shift into Jean Grey whenever he's around?

Morph has a boyfriend? Do you shape shift into Jean Grey whenever he's around?

Yes, this Morph does. No Jean Grey required.

I actually haven't bought a new Marvel Legend since I picked up Astonishing Cyclops when Hasbro's Series 3 came out. I'm wating patiently on the Holocaust B-A-F...other than Pitt, this is the first B-A-F I MUST OPEN AND DISPLAY!

I'm keeping myself from buying anything new by buying loose figures off Ebay for custom projects. Almost finished with Ultimate Deadpool actually. I just need to give him another coat of paint and give him some belts and accessories and he's done.

I'm also continually getting outbid on just about every auction on Ebay for the FA Spidey from the Sentinel series. I wish my former roommate wouldn't have stolen him when he split on me...bastard. I honestly think I'd kill him if I ever saw him again and he wasn't handing me what he stole and the 500 dollars he left me to pay on his half of the rent and bills.

It's hard to resist the urge NOT to buy something (anything) when I stop by the toy isle.

yeah, i bought the ironman movie figures i wanted (last week my friend was able to find the titanium man and iron monger open cockpit for me).

the only toys i had been buying the the past few months have been SHS, Ironman toys and minimates. for minimates i've been going back and getting old ones.

i like the DCUC figures, but the first 2 waves didn't have many figures I liked. I got Harley Quinn. Now wave 3, i'll get all of them.

well i have been buying movies i havent seen and trying to catch up on my deadpool and other comics like nova,ff the end,anhilation and conquest,planet hulk ,besides the ff cartoons 1st season is out on dvd this week. i have to disagree on the star wars figs they look awesome and they have looked awesome for awhile and have you seen how awesome the battle rancor and other force unleashed figs look . but it does suck we have to wait so long for the mls. but dont the 2 packs come out in july

I thought it was august and september, but i'm not sure.

It's so different from last summer because i was able to get the new products plus i was driving around picking up all the toy biz marvel legends from the last 3 waves everywhere. I was picking up so many figures on a weekly basis, it's just a complete 180 from last summer. Oh well, good things come to those that wait...or so i've been told

I've given up on my daily toy runs out to all the stores in the area, and now I just buy a bunch of stuff online and at conventions. Still trying to find the G.I. Joe Snake Eyes figure wearing the parka, though.

Hasbro is releasing all of their Star Wars stuff on one day as well, why are they releasing everything at the end of the year?