HULK movie fig vs. MS hulk

pooda

ML Series 1 Hulk was an excellent sculpt for a release back in 2002 . . . It is a classic figure from 2002. Let's leave it at that. Again bashing a 2002 design by ToyBiz is outright hilarious because it is now darn 2008 !! Hasbro should know better than to use an outdated sculpt that is now ridiculous for use in the present by putting on a new head except to milk the consumers' pockets. With the current improvements in toy design and articulation, they would have done better justice to the character and quit insulting our intelligence. Planet Hulk's sculpt was better by lightyears and so with the Face Off Hulk sculpt. Hasbro needs to stop being cheap and quit milking our pockets and start making newer sculpts.

Exactly my point. One of my main problems with Hasbro is that they don't try as hard as they should. The Planet Hulk and Face Off Hulk figures both would have been fantastic choices for Target exclusive movie Hulk figure, but they chose to go the cheap route. If the Marvel Legends line ends up being canceled, it'll be because of Hasbro, not us.

I prefer the color of the movie figure. The MS Hulk looks like he just came back from a rave.

ML Series 1 Hulk was an excellent sculpt for a release back in 2002 . . . It is a classic figure from 2002. Let's leave it at that. Again bashing a 2002 design by ToyBiz is outright hilarious because it is now darn 2008 !! Hasbro should know better than to use an outdated sculpt that is now ridiculous for use in the present by putting on a new head except to milk the consumers' pockets. With the current improvements in toy design and articulation, they would have done better justice to the character and quit insulting our intelligence. Planet Hulk's sculpt was better by lightyears and so with the Face Off Hulk sculpt. Hasbro needs to stop being cheap and quit milking our pockets and start making newer sculpts.

I agree with both of you.

the ML1 Hulk was and is cool...that was the figure that first caught my eye for buying the marvel legends, and now look where I am....But that head looks down right ridiculous and ruins that figure as for the MS Hulk well now when he and his red counterpart come home theres gunna be a showdown :biggrin: I like the color of the MS Hulk but agee that it is too bright for a movie Fig but the rest seems to fit to a T

the ML1 Hulk was and is cool...that was the figure that first caught my eye for buying the marvel legends, and now look where I am....But that head looks down right ridiculous and ruins that figure as for the MS Hulk well now when he and his red counterpart come home theres gunna be a showdown :biggrin: I like the color of the MS Hulk but agee that it is too bright for a movie Fig but the rest seems to fit to a T

You can just give the Green Hulk a dark wash and that would do the trick. Same with Red Hulk if you find that he is too bright. What bothers me is the new BAF Red Hulk they have shown at the Comic Convention. He has no visible paint wash at all. He looks so plain and no higlights on the molded red plastic on him.

the ML1 Hulk was and is cool...that was the figure that first caught my eye for buying the marvel legends, and now look where I am....But that head looks down right ridiculous and ruins that figure as for the MS Hulk well now when he and his red counterpart come home theres gunna be a showdown :biggrin:I like the color of the MS Hulk but agee that it is too bright for a movie Fig but the rest seems to fit to a T

You can just give the Green Hulk a dark wash and that would do the trick. Same with Red Hulk if you find that he is too bright. What bothers me is the new BAF Red Hulk they have shown at the Comic Convention. He has no visible paint wash at all. He looks so plain and no higlights on the molded red plastic on him.

lets just hope that Hasbro has learned to paint before the BAF hits retail

the ML1 Hulk was and is cool...that was the figure that first caught my eye for buying the marvel legends, and now look where I am....But that head looks down right ridiculous and ruins that figure as for the MS Hulk well now when he and his red counterpart come home theres gunna be a showdown :biggrin:I like the color of the MS Hulk but agee that it is too bright for a movie Fig but the rest seems to fit to a T

lets just hope that Hasbro has learned to paint before the BAF hits retail

yes.....lets hope.

• 3 months later...
i know that the new HULK movie has its own set of figures, but they just dont do it for me. ive seen the movie and the likness just isnt there........now comes the MS HULK fig....it looks closer to the movie hulk than the actual products produced for the film.

what do you think?

top pic: movie fig

bottom pic: marvel select fig

Hulk02.jpgDMC10819.jpg

Dude its like comparing fecal matter to diamonds. LOL, that Target Hulk is garbage I can't believe I bought it. I later sold it.

Over at the Fwoosh forums there's some comparison pics btwn MS Hulk and FO Hulk and MS Hulk is very HUGE measuring at 9 3/4" almost as big as PITT !! Too huge for me. Might need a separate display case. He makes Solomon Grundy look up to him !

mshulk_redhulk.jpg

oh damn. red hulk looks like a kid next to him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hasbro realy sucks :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Over at the Fwoosh forums there's some comparison pics btwn MS Hulk and FO Hulk and MS Hulk is very HUGE measuring at 9 3/4" almost as big as PITT !! Too huge for me. Might need a separate display case. He makes Solomon Grundy look up to him !

mshulk_redhulk.jpg

oh damn. red hulk looks like a kid next to him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hasbro realy sucks :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Just becasue Rulk looks smaller compared to a bigger scale figure doesn´t mean Hasbro sucks. You wouldn`t say the same if that same Hulk was scaled down to fit ML.

As a side note, the head was sculpetd by Paul Harding (Hasbro´s Human Torch, Punisher, Daredevil, Forge). He usually does an amazing job, but he missed the spot on ths one. BUT, I`ve seen great sculpts turned to garbage after the paint apps.

• 2 weeks later...