Sign in to follow this  
MarvelMovieFan

F4: Dragon Man Why so rare?

...this past week I was checking Ebay and was surprised to see that the recent Toy Biz released Dragon Man sells for well over $100 (even loose!). What is the deal with this figure? I remember hearing that they (along with a ton of ML) were being dumped at discount stores. Did this ever happen? Is it truly a holy grail figure?

Yeah Dragon Man and Absorbing Man are the two most expensive Legends type figures out there. Both can go for up to $100 loose. I saw a MOC Absorbing man go for around $190 a few weeks ago. They were one per case in waves that were scarce to begin with.

Yeah, basically neither of these figures got any sort of widespread distribution. Dragon Man and Absorbing Man aren't the only ones, either....Kang and Invisible Woman from that same wave of Fantastic Four Classics that Dragon Man came from are equally rare. Dragon Man just tends to go for a little more because he's bigger and cooler.

Since toybiz were handing the marvel license over to hasbro they didnt have time to make enough FFC2,same as XMC3.

i had no problems finding absorbing man in my area. when targets got in the hulk classics i was able to get him and the abomination from the same line. the dragon man was a little harder but i found 3 of them at the time. same with the invisible woman 1 clear and 2 regular and 1 kang as well. it was a hit and miss since these were widely available overseas.

Yeah well now they cost a $hit load! I bet Absorbing Man is drop slightly(not too much) in price when the new one comes out in October. But since the two figures look completly different and are a different take on the character most people will want to own both versions.

I picked up Kang for $30 off ebay a few monhs back...the other 2 are damn sweet but I'm gunna wait till I have the chedder to pay for the sugar, untill then the new ABman will do

I picked up Kang for $30 off ebay a few monhs back...the other 2 are damn sweet but I'm gunna wait till I have the chedder to pay for the sugar, untill then the new ABman will do

man ! :hulk: I pay $ 80.00 for my Kang on ebay .... damn it !

man ! :hulk: I pay $ 80.00 for my Kang on ebay .... damn it !

LOL I have a weird nak for finding my figures for good deals...the best was when I picked up a cable brown varient MOC in april for $20 from a toy show

the nwe ABman look WAY better, the other one looks out dated and ugly

Your wrong on that one. They are about even will Toy Biz's being slightly better due to the changeable arms and superior headsculpt and paint job.

Your wrong on that one. They are about even will Toy Biz's being slightly better due to the changeable arms and superior headsculpt and paint job.

Yeah ! toy biz version is way better :spidey_read_thread:

the second wave of ff clasics never got released in tru, the line got canceld and a handful of cases got let out to drug stores. Thats why they are so rare.

I managed to get a complete set, minus a clear Invisible Woman, from some online toy retailer in Canada for about $80. At the time, I thought it was a bit high, but I knew I'd have trouble finding them in the future.

Yeah ! toy biz version is way better :spidey_read_thread:

look at the pic, on marveousnews.com hhasbros has a WAY cleaner head sculpt, and better paint

HAHAHA you do realize that pic is a prototype? I've seen the actual Hasbro figure it's the same simpple paint job they give all the ML figures. Toy Biz is better

i no right ive been trying to get one but hes so exspensive!!!! :angry: :mad: :hulk:

there were only like, 12 made.

seriously are there only 12 dragon man figs made??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????

there were only like, 12 made.

seriously are there only 12 dragon man figs made?

i was kidding, but it was a really low number