Now I know were Hasbro get this !

aaozz9

those figures look sweet...but it looks like not much articulation...they were gunna be pack-ins with the onslaught series...

That's kind of the irony of the matter. Originally, the army builders were 6" and had 10 points of articulation. That proved to be too costly, so they were reduced to 5 POA. That was still too costly, so they reduced them to 5". At that point Jesse Falcon scrapped them because they were STILL too expensive, and had been changed so much that they weren't really Marvel Legends at all.

Then Hasbro comes along and puts out Hydra Soldier with 20 POA (roughly, I'm not actually counting). The fans complain up one side and down the other about his articulation and how Hasbro sucks because the figure is 'garbage'. While the figure isn't perfect by any means, no one seems to care that it's significantly better than what Toy Biz ever planned to give.

Yes, those were the unproduced figures that Toybiz showed off at one of the fairs a while back. Which Hasbro then snatched up and produced (the hydra, anyway).

That what you were getting at?

Those were some sample sculpts for prototypes from a Toy fair sometime 2006. That is the reason why they lack the normal articulation. I'm sure if they made it into actual production, they would have been made with standard ML articulations. I was looking for a Forbush Man and Thor Frog. What a pity it did not make it to the public!