RE ISSUES:

pooda

The abbreviation is "etc" which is short for "et cetera".

I would assume "ect" is short for "ectoplasm" but since none of our user handles are "SpenglerFan" or "Ray's Toaster" I don't think that fits on this board.

But I do agree that there don't need to be any reissues. I suppose my lack of compassion is due to the fact that I own most of the figures in high demand. Even still, I myself started collecting ML's late in the game and had to spend a little bit more for certain figures, so I know it sucks.

NONE! No reissues just new sulpts of characters that have already been done such as Ultron, Magneto ect. If you want Deadpool, Juggernaut, Destroyer ect buy the originals off Ebay like the rest of us ya cheapskates!

no....everyone isnt silly enough to pay way above normal prices for figs. if you MUST....then i do undertand, but, i feel that these companies need to take steps to ensure that the base figs should be available to everyone. im not against chases or varaints, im just against the fact that they would make a key character a chase or hard to find fig. they make a fig, short pack it and make a chase version of it as well....WTF! as collectors, we deserve to complete the avengers (or whoever u like) with no problem, not chase'em cross the damn universe....IMO

i think they need to scale down some icons:

IM

wolvy

venom

beast

etc.

all of those are scaled down

ML8 IM

AXM Wolvy

SMC 16 Venom

ML 4 Beast

His arms are better sclaed, and his articulation a bit different.

lots more detail

different head, and has neck and hinged chest joints.

completely different.

no....everyone isnt silly enough to pay way above normal prices for figs. if you MUST....then i do undertand, but, i feel that these companies need to take steps to ensure that the base figs should be available to everyone. im not against chases or varaints, im just against the fact that they would make a key character a chase or hard to find fig. they make a fig, short pack it and make a chase version of it as well....WTF! as collectors, we deserve to complete the avengers (or whoever u like) with no problem, not chase'em cross the damn universe....IMO

I totally agree. As long as the rerelease is an improvement over the original I'm all for it. Old sculpts from pre-2004 must now make way for improved version. Example Classic red and gold Iron Man, time to retire that into the 2002 shelf ! Juggernaut - shorten those monkey arms for Chrissake. Deadpool need more versions of him and add extra accessories. Jim Lee Cyke - the ToyBiz one looked like a wonky teenager. Bishop - need a smaller cranium on that guy - he's got a head the size of a troll !! Omega Red, lets revisit the guy and make him a tad less huge than before - The one I got is taller than the Hulk!

The only reason I disagree with reissuing/retooling figures is that I'm satisfied with what I've got and I would prefer to not have to by another representation of a character I already have.

For example, I like the classic Deadpool because that's the one I know. I wouldn't appreciate a 2008 comic accurate Deadpool because that depiction has no value to me. Another is the Astonishing Wolverine. It's the best representation of Wolverine ever, yet I don't like that costume so it just sits in a box with the rest of the extras.

Also, I really like the Fin Fang Foom BAF and to a lesser extent Wendigo, but could care less about Skaar and pretty much every Hulk variation in that series. So unfortunately for me I'll be spending a lot of money for characters I don't want, just so I can get the BAF I do want.

Obviously that's just my opinion, but I'm not the only one who thinks this way. We seem to have a lot of new members to this board which means that the Marvel Legends line is still healthy.

Again, you have collected these in the past, but there are other new collectors that just are just starting who would wish an opportunity to get these same characters that are no longer available and only in limited quantity or not in enough numbers to satisfy the demand. I say have at thee and let these same characters be reissued with a newer fresher sculpt, and improve on the original and let the old classics sit on your collectors 'shelves and let these appreciate in value since they are the first releases.

Again, you have collected these in the past, but there are other new collectors that just are just starting who would wish an opportunity to get these same characters that are no longer available and only in limited quantity or not in enough numbers to satisfy the demand. I say have at thee and let these same characters be reissued with a newer fresher sculpt, and improve on the original and let the old classics sit on your collectors 'shelves and let these appreciate in value since they are the first releases.

agreed! i think that most collectors forget that some people dont even grt a chance once other collectors and scalpers hit. when i was collecting ML'S, i had EVERYONE except a small few, and i still feel the same way about people being able to round out their collection. you would think as collectors, you alll would understand not being able to complete your set, and would love it if you didnt have to pay 2nd hand prices for basic figs. my uncle doesnt have a juggernaut, but hes been collecting since the early 60's and i dont think its fair when someone who has been a fan since the begining (basically) hes been reading these books faithfully, and deserves to round out his x-men without spending his retirement.

The only reason I disagree with reissuing/retooling figures is that I'm satisfied with what I've got and I would prefer to not have to by another representation of a character I already have.

For example, I like the classic Deadpool because that's the one I know. I wouldn't appreciate a 2008 comic accurate Deadpool because that depiction has no value to me. Another is the Astonishing Wolverine. It's the best representation of Wolverine ever, yet I don't like that costume so it just sits in a box with the rest of the extras.

Also, I really like the Fin Fang Foom BAF and to a lesser extent Wendigo, but could care less about Skaar and pretty much every Hulk variation in that series. So unfortunately for me I'll be spending a lot of money for characters I don't want, just so I can get the BAF I do want.

Obviously that's just my opinion, but I'm not the only one who thinks this way. We seem to have a lot of new members to this board which means that the Marvel Legends line is still healthy.

i dont know about that. thats why alot of ml and smc have been reproduced. they may have a different paint (darker, lighter, or shiny) but their still coming. they already have done the FF, punisher (hml wave coming), black spidey, elecktra, silver surfer, dr.doom, namor, green goblin(movie), doc ock(movie/ml) and im not going to keep naming them, but, all of these hml's were once tbml's in some version at some point

Well, I mentioned before that I got into the game late and had to spend a little money on the hard to find figures. That right there is a euphemism. I had to spend a lot on certain figures, so I empathize with the newer collectors. I didn't get started collecting until the Sentinel series and had to do a lot of backtracking.

You're saying it's not fair for me to want to limit reissues because I don't want to have to buy them, thus making it difficult for you to complete your collection. However you're missing the point that it is unfair to me to have to buy the reissues of figures I already have just so you can have yours.

Sometimes life will be fair in your favor and sometimes it will be fair in mine. That's just the way it is. I want you to complete your collection, but look at it from my perspective, I want to save money too.

Well, I mentioned before that I got into the game late and had to spend a little money on the hard to find figures. That right there is a euphemism. I had to spend a lot on certain figures, so I empathize with the newer collectors. I didn't get started collecting until the Sentinel series and had to do a lot of backtracking.

You're saying it's not fair for me to want to limit reissues because I don't want to have to buy them, thus making it difficult for you to complete your collection. However you're missing the point that it is unfair to me to have to buy the reissues of figures I already have just so you can have yours.

Sometimes life will be fair in your favor and sometimes it will be fair in mine. That's just the way it is. I want you to complete your collection, but look at it from my perspective, I want to save money too.

youre missing the point. they released hulk, spidey, ad mls all at the same time.....so why couldnt they do reissues at the same time as the current mls are being released. theyre doing it with smc......

Well, now we're talking about something different. If the reissue line was completely separate from the Marvel Legends line then sure, I'm all for it.

i really dont care how they do it....they just should. i just hate that collectors have to go to astroid M and back to round out their colection.

Well, now we're talking about something different. If the reissue line was completely separate from the Marvel Legends line then sure, I'm all for it.

i really dont care how they do it....they just should. i just hate that collectors have to go to astroid M and back to round out their colection.

to add to that.....im glad that theyre bringing back mc farlane spidey(blk & red) im going to buy it, and swap heads yith the fearsome foes spidey

As far as reissues or retools go (your mom's a retool), I like what they're doing with the Symbiote Spider-Man and the Tiger Stripe Wolverine. Those are different depictions of popular characters that are actually classic and legendary. We haven't gotten a Symbiote Spidey in the Legends line and everyone's been calling out for a good blue-and-yellow Wolverine.

Those could be considered new figures and not really re-releases.

I guess part of the problem is that while I appreciate some of the figures Hasbro has been releasing, and will be releasing, I don't yet trust them to make a better version of Juggernaut or Deadpool than the one already produced by ToyBiz. That may change by the end of this year.