Toy Biz: Please forgive me!

MarvelMovieFan

...ok, yes I was one of those who thought that Toy Biz was a crappy company! I used to #$#@# and moan about what they did (and did not do) with Marvel Legends. I used to complain about sloppy painting, figures that were not to scale (with other ML figures) and poor (waste of) choices for ML figures. Don't even get me started on the whole damn "chase" concept that Toy Biz seemed to do just to torment (me) collectors!

With that said (and after spending a year with Hasbro) I want to beg Toy Biz for forgiveness! I never knew how lucky I had it for all those years!! I never knew that 2001 -2005 truly was the golden age for Marvel figure collectors (just think of what Toy Biz issued under their Spiderman, F4, Hulk and X-men banners). We will never see some of those figures again....

If Toy Biz ever comes back with the Marvel license I promise never to complain again!

AMEN to that ! Just the SHEER volume of what was put out does not compare to what we get currently. 15 Series in 5 years plus Marvel Movie figures, Spider-Man Classics, X-Men Classics, and Hulk Classics and ICONs. Hasbro can only come up with Series 1 and 2, Shrunken Movie figures, SHS (oh yes, they're good at it) to match that kind of variety.

AMEN to that ! Just the SHEER volume of what was put out does not compare to what we get currently. 15 Series in 5 years plus Marvel Movie figures, Spider-Man Classics, X-Men Classics, and Hulk Classics and ICONs. Hasbro can only come up with Series 1 and 2, Shrunken Movie figures, SHS (oh yes, they're good at it) to match that kind of variety.

...The Toy Biz figures are just in another class (when compared to ML figures by Hasbro). I'm still a loyal collector/fan of ML and will buy what ever Hasbro puts out but there is no comparison. Hasbro seems to being using a lower (waxy) grade of plastic where Toy Biz used a more rigid plastic (more expensive?). I'm also not happy with the way Hasbro details their figures (lack of). Toy Biz was and could be sloppy with their paint application but it was still more realistic then what Hasbro is doing.

Yeah, it's like beating a dead horse, but when you go 9 months between waves of figures that used to come out every 3 months, the horse could use a little more of a beating. For me, I don't even care so much about the difference in quality, paint or sculpt between the 2, it's the crazy waits and delays that drive me crazy.