I miss toe articulation!

clonekiller72

Looking at the new Target Legends, I realixed one thing. All of the figures are forever stuck in a flat-footed position, and it makes them look boring.

I know there are many people who absolutely hate the toe articulation that Toy Biz did, feeling it made the figures unstable for display. And I understand both thier feeling and the fact that some figures didn't need it. Gottcha. Good, understood.

But aren't there some collectors out there that miss the toes, and think that some characters absolutely need toe movement. Spidey, Daredevil, and Wolverine are constantly crouched, and I prefer to pose them this way, but it doesn't look right flat-footed.

(looking at them makes me understand the D&D penalties for flat-footed combat)

Seriously look at the preview pics for the Target release, they all look prone to attack.

Besides the pictures, and with out turning this into a bashing page, I miss the articulation Toy Biz put into the figures, and suppossedly Hasbro will be including more with up-comming figures, but I think that really applies to the "other" joints, and not toes.

Am I alone here? Does anyone else miss the toes?

Marvel Legends losing some of the toe articulation and not just that, but articulation in general does take the "action" out of the action figure phrase. Might as well call them "statues" or "dummies" to put it bluntly. Without these you can't make them do dynamic poses like they used to. Hand and finger articulation taken away from Spidey for example, is a cardinal sin. He can't do his web spinning pose. "Flatfootedness" in figures make them look like passive and blank expressions make them look lifeless and bland. Designing these toys should take into account how these figures are gonna be displayed, posed or played with. Just putting an elbro and knee joint here and there as an afterthought without these factors taken into consideration just won't cut it and would open critics to mention a figure's limited poseability and lack of dynamics.

I do miss the finger articulation the most. When Bullseye came out I remember thinking how much planning and detail must have gone into giving him that extra and characters like Spidey look poor without it. Hopefully the fact that the 2 packs come with swappable hands is a lesser evil as it looks like we'll have some choice. I only started collecting ML for the posability and the fact that none of my other figures had 46 poa lol

I would like to see ankle articulation return more than toe articulation. I hate having to pose a figure on the side or corner of its foot in order to get a decent action pose. Toe articulation facilitates a good "stalking Wolverine" pose.

I also miss the flying stands and back-holes. Banshee needs it in particular. I guess you could say I think that Hasbro are a bunch of "back-holes" for discontinuing the flying stands.

I for one really miss the toe articulation, as well as the fingers and any other POA Hasbro has taken away. Spidey is one of those characters that needs every POA possible. While I still think the new Black Spidey is one of the coolest looking Spidey figures around, he'd get a perfect 10/10 if he had some toe and finger articulation. I think that the only characters that don't need finger articulation are the ones with something in their hand (Such as Thor and his hammer).

you guys may think i use this too much but guys really :spidey_deadtopic:

Yeah, but if we didn't...

:spidey_deadtopic:

...we'd have nothing to talk about.

lol so true and i agree with you, i hate the ankle articulation, banshee could have been made so much better. like with hands that turn into fists or im just mad because i want a comic to read while i open my new figure, i think its just me.

I agree with Wings. I started collecting the Legends line due to the immense articulation. Then again Hasbro figures turned me on to customizing. I can't thank them enough for making me want to better some already great sculpts.

Ditto! I started customising in January 2007 so I could have a collar and better paint for Banshee who was one of my fave X-Men (don't ask why). 250 customs later and I have all the characters I need plus I've now gone part time at work because my customs help pay the bills. Thank you Hasbro :p