BEING STRUNG ALONG!

pooda

i've been looking at alot of pics of these new HML legends that everyones wanting to get, and i must say....i feel PLAYED!! IMO, hasbro didnt change a damn thing! they still are shorting us outta our finger/toe movement, and using those God awful knees again! i even noticed that adam warlock has no waist movement! i seen the fing fang foom figure pics....THEY SUCK!!! im going to tell you why!(IMO) first..why is wendigo to small?, second, she hulk is to small( the 1st version was better) and third,....fing fang foom(while impressive as he is in hight) doesnt match up( in sculpt) to a sentinal or apocalypse...not even galactus or any other BAF for that matter! i just think that the lack of legends, or marvel figs, is having an effect in the decision of marvel collectors.( again..this is only my opinion....youre welcolme to yours)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been looking at alot of pics of these new HML legends that everyones wanting to get, and i must say....i feel PLAYED!! IMO, hasbro didnt change a damn thing!

Well, that means you can join the full half of the board who feels the same way and has made dozens of threads to say the same things.

they still are shorting us outta our finger/toe movement,

Good! No more dropped weapons! Seriously now, how many figures does that sort of jointing honestly come in handy on? One out of every twenty or so? I mean, I like the idea of 'it's there if I want it', but we have to remember that every part that goes into these figures makes them more expensive to produce. I don't NEED finger jointing on Iron Fist's 'karate chop hand' or all of the guys with clawed fingers who can't hold weapons or form fists to begin with.

and using those God awful knees again! i even noticed that adam warlock has no waist movement!

There's a sort of ML collector who feels that sculpt has been suffering for all the POA that is being put in, sometimes completely unnecessarily. There are people who complain that the figure that was awesome a year ago is not standing the test of time and now has floppy ankles and ball joints. These people at least give Hasbro credit for trying something new with articulation.

Then there's the camp who simply MUST have every single POA possible. If there were 300 POA on a figure, someone somewhere would complain they can't wiggle the figure's ears. They complain that Hasbro uses the 'Hasbro joint' at all, even though it is in fact on the decline.

i seen the fing fang foom figure pics....THEY SUCK!!! im going to tell you why!(IMO)

Again, isn't telling us what YOU think the reason you started yet another rant thread instead of adding to an existing one? You're not going to convince me you couldn't find one...

first..why is wendigo to small?, second, she hulk is to small( the 1st version was better)

Um, really? Wendigo looks to be 7-8". How big does he need to be? He looks like he could rival Sasquatch, and that's actually VERY accurate. I've also seen no evidence that She-Hulk isn't 75% the one we already have. If her size is off, that's a real head-scratcher.

I've seen you claim several times that these figures are too small... what I haven't seen are comparison pics. They probably exist, and they might prove your point, but again, I haven't seen them, and it's not for lack of looking.

and third,....fing fang foom(while impressive as he is in hight) doesnt match up( in sculpt) to a sentinal or apocalypse...not even galactus or any other BAF for that matter!

How so? Gonna give examples, or just rest on a vague 'not as good'? Do you want more scales? Is he not 'Kirby enough'? Give some specifics.

i just think that the lack of legends, or marvel figs, is having an effect in the decision of marvel collectors.

What decision? What collectors? I thought your rant was about Hasbro. You went on this big rant just to bait-and-switch to a complaint about any who would actually be satisfied with Hasbro's offerings? Been there, seen that, didn't need to hear it again.

i've been looking at alot of pics of these new HML legends that everyones wanting to get, and i must say....i feel PLAYED!! IMO, hasbro didnt change a damn thing!

Well, that means you can join the full half of the board who feels the same way and has made dozens of threads to say the same things.

Good! No more dropped weapons! Seriously now, how many figures does that sort of jointing honestly come in handy on? One out of every twenty or so? I mean, I like the idea of 'it's there if I want it', but we have to remember that every part that goes into these figures makes them more expensive to produce. I don't NEED finger jointing on Iron Fist's 'karate chop hand' or all of the guys with clawed fingers who can't hold weapons or form fists to begin with.

and using those God awful knees again! i even noticed that adam warlock has no waist movement!

There's a sort of ML collector who feels that sculpt has been suffering for all the POA that is being put in, sometimes completely unnecessarily. There are people who complain that the figure that was awesome a year ago is not standing the test of time and now has floppy ankles and ball joints. These people at least give Hasbro credit for trying something new with articulation.

Then there's the camp who simply MUST have every single POA possible. If there were 300 POA on a figure, someone somewhere would complain they can't wiggle the figure's ears. They complain that Hasbro uses the 'Hasbro joint' at all, even though it is in fact on the decline.

i seen the fing fang foom figure pics....THEY SUCK!!! im going to tell you why!(IMO)

Again, isn't telling us what YOU think the reason you started yet another rant thread instead of adding to an existing one? You're not going to convince me you couldn't find one...

first..why is wendigo to small?, second, she hulk is to small( the 1st version was better)

Um, really? Wendigo looks to be 7-8". How big does he need to be? He looks like he could rival Sasquatch, and that's actually VERY accurate. I've also seen no evidence that She-Hulk isn't 75% the one we already have. If her size is off, that's a real head-scratcher.

and third,....fing fang foom(while impressive as he is in hight) doesnt match up( in sculpt) to a sentinal or apocalypse...not even galactus or any other BAF for that matter!

How so? Gonna give examples, or just rest on a vague 'not as good'? Do you want more scales? Is he not 'Kirby enough'? Give some specifics.

i just think that the lack of legends, or marvel figs, is having an effect in the decision of marvel collectors.

What decision? What collectors? I thought your rant was about Hasbro. You went on this big rant just to bait-and-switch to a complaint about any who would actually be satisfied with Hasbro's offerings? Been there, seen that, didn't need to hear it again.

what he said. this is basically another I Hate Hasbro thread and we have about dozens of those. and alot of us are sick of them. even the hasbro haters are sick of them!!!!

we know toybiz was better. it bascally cuase they could get away with it cuase they had what three different line Marvel Wrestling and Curious George. Hasbro had thousand of lines and movies movies coming out each week. They need to cut back on the price of oil some where.

i've been looking at alot of pics of these new HML legends that everyones wanting to get, and i must say....i feel PLAYED!! IMO, hasbro didnt change a damn thing! they still are shorting us outta our finger/toe movement, and using those God awful knees again! i even noticed that adam warlock has no waist movement! i seen the fing fang foom figure pics....THEY SUCK!!! im going to tell you why!(IMO) first..why is wendigo to small?, second, she hulk is to small( the 1st version was better) and third,....fing fang foom(while impressive as he is in hight) doesnt match up( in sculpt) to a sentinal or apocalypse...not even galactus or any other BAF for that matter! i just think that the lack of legends, or marvel figs, is having an effect in the decision of marvel collectors.( again..this is only my opinion....youre welcolme to yours)

Alright did you get to buy any of the Fing Fang Foom wave? Because I have saw and all of the first wave and bought the couple I really wanted. Wendgio looks awesome, he nearly sizes up with my Face Off Hulk and the King Hulk is one of the best Hulks that have been made, not to mention he is huge. See things in person before making rash comments about it. The only problem with the Fing Fang Foom wave is Son of Hulk besides that they look good.

Anyone check out the new Hulk videogame figures auctioned off in EBay from some toy store in Hongkong ? The BiBeast and IronClad figures look real cool. Only problem is, they are Hulk Movie figures scale ! And this is the indicator that the floodgates are slowly opening the younger collectors into the world of 3 3/4 " scale Marvel figures . . . . thru the avenue of the Hulk Movie figures and accompanying spinoff figures from the videogame! Quite clever isn't it ? The initial offerings might not look impressive in terms of sales, but it is only the initial foray. Little Johnny will say, hey those are the figures from the videogame! they would go well with my Hulk toys! and then the Wolverines will follow and the Spidermen, and the Capt Americas . . . . watch and see how this'll play out in the future! :cry:

Anyone check out the new Hulk videogame figures auctioned off in EBay from some toy store in Hongkong ? The BiBeast and IronClad figures look real cool. Only problem is, they are Hulk Movie figures scale ! And this is the indicator that the floodgates are slowly opening the younger collectors into the world of 3 3/4 " scale Marvel figures . . . . thru the avenue of the Hulk Movie figures and accompanying spinoff figures from the videogame! Quite clever isn't it ? The initial offerings might not look impressive in terms of sales, but it is only the initial foray. Little Johnny will say, hey those are the figures from the videogame! they would go well with my Hulk toys! and then the Wolverines will follow and the Spidermen, and the Capt Americas . . . . watch and see how this'll play out in the future! :cry:

So they're trying to target a toyline to children? The cads!

They're trying to leave the 6" scale to the collectors? Obscene!

The (non-human) movie figures are 6", so they fit 'scale' just about as much as any other ML? Unheard of!

There are people who can't stop complaining that a 3 3/4" line that is STILL purely rumor is going to 'kill' Marvel Legends? ... yeah, I guess so.

what he said. this is basically another I Hate Hasbro thread and we have about dozens of those. and alot of us are sick of them. even the hasbro haters are sick of them!!!!

we know toybiz was better. it bascally cuase they could get away with it cuase they had what three different line Marvel Wrestling and Curious George. Hasbro had thousand of lines and movies movies coming out each week. They need to cut back on the price of oil some where.

if u dont like my post, then step! you do know what IMO means right? as i said, alot of collectors have been missing ml figs. i got rid of ALL my ML'S and im pretty sure that i had more than most of the so called collectors. if u dont know me, ask lordofdachickenz or some of the peeps i hooked up with figs like deadpool or juggy for 6.00 or something! what i see is alot of excusses for lack of quality....and youre not going to tell me that less articulation is better for a fig that most of you loved articulated. i didnt ask you if toy biz was better, thats a given! i ask why people are crazed over the foom BAF. also....if someone asked this question already...so what?! im asking it again! i didnt say that i hated hasbro, i said that they didnt do any adjustments to the figs, and i was told that the reason they held back the nemissis wave was due to retooling....i dont see it. im a consumer, i have a right to say or ask any questions about these figs! simple as that!

Alright did you get to buy any of the Fing Fang Foom wave? Because I have saw and all of the first wave and bought the couple I really wanted. Wendgio looks awesome, he nearly sizes up with my Face Off Hulk and the King Hulk is one of the best Hulks that have been made, not to mention he is huge. See things in person before making rash comments about it. The only problem with the Fing Fang Foom wave is Son of Hulk besides that they look good.

ive seen the shots. they put them there for a reason. i know several people with these figs and they still feel cheated....most agree with me. i seen the articulation points(still the same awful HML knees on most), no toe/hand movement(on most) did i judge those things wrong? or are you going to make up my mind for me and tell me i like the lack of articulation? oh...and face off hulk is smaller than tb sasquach which is about the right size. if a grown man can find time to collect figs...surly he can take time to read with understanding! for Christ sake...read the title

your know their's a thing called a therapist. maybe you should go see one cuase you treat ML like there a life or death thing.

you act as if im talking about your wife, mother, or something!. ...and i need the therapist?

tell you what...ill trade you one LIFE, for a therapist seeing that this subject has become personal to you. im sorry that i used such strong words to voice my opinion.....didnt mean to hurt your feelings chum.....p!

Why do some people complain about other people posting their opinions on discussion forums? Isn't that the point of having these? It's not as if there is compulsory reading of each post.

thank you! these guys talk so silly sometimes over nothing. no one has to agree with me, but im not taking crap because of my opinion!

hasbro's been around too damn long for me to feed into your B.S. about cost of production. think about it....almost every company that made figs/toys in the 80's-90's is shut down except hasbro and mattel.( and im not hering that theyre having to cut any cost on a cash cow)

I've seen you claim several times that these figures are too small... what I haven't seen are comparison pics. They probably exist, and they might prove your point, but again, I haven't seen them, and it's not for lack of looking.

if you thought that this was a tired thread....why post? and you killed me with the whole "youre not going to convince me" thing....who cares??? i didnt try to convince anyone...i asked a simple question and gave my reasons for my queston. remember....this is a public forum! dont be a goof!

well at least alot out us know how to quote more then one post and not fill the thread with there comments.

oh....now im hurt!!!!(lol) that was purposly. i want each and every one of you to see my seperate responses. you must be a young buck?...because this response was very petty. plus...if you wanna correct something, try spelling "their" the right way. dont get upset because you attacked my thread because of my opinion...thats just wrong!

well at least alot out us know how to quote more then one post and not fill the thread with there comments.

oh....now im hurt!!!!(lol) that was purposly. i want each and every one of you to see my seperate responses. you must be a young buck?...because this response was very petty. plus...if you wanna correct something, try spelling "their" the right way. dont get upset because you attacked my thread because of my opinion...thats just wrong!

actually im 23.

look i understand your opinion I really do. but i was just saying we're sick of these hasbro hater thread. like Annihilator say, it beating a dead horse. ( that poor horse :P )

If people were really sick of Hasbro Hate threads...why reply to each and every one of them? Just ignore them and move on. I mean...seriously all it does is create an argument between yourself and the thread's original opener and keeps the topic active as everyone begins getting in on the action. If you just ignore the thread altogether, it falls quickly into obscurity.

I don't recall a rule on these boards that requires us to read and reply to every topic.

actually im 23.

look i understand your opinion I really do. but i was just saying we're sick of these hasbro hater thread. like Annihilator say, it beating a dead horse. ( that poor horse :P )

my thread has noyhing to do with hasbro....its about lack of detail(compared to toy biz) and the fact that everyone is going hulk crazy.( the hasbro stuff is just supportive of why im wondering whats the big deal about these figs )

actually im 23.

I completely disagree with almost all of his original points. I love the new Hulk figures (Even Skaar). I think they are in scale as far as any of the MLs have been (First TB Wolvie anyone?). I think the FFF is great and not because I've been tricked by the man or so starved for figures I'll like anything. Are they perfect? Nope. Not sure I have a perfect figure in my complete set of ML and SPC. Still like them all.

I also disagree that he should be taking any type of ire over posting his opinion. It's a forum. That's what its for. If you are sick of these threads, stop responding. Dead threads filter down.

Also 23 is waaaaay young;-)

GEEK