MARVEL LEGENDS vs. DCUC

pooda

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel Legends of course, i'm a Marvel guy, DCs always come second.

To be honest i also feel DCUC is only really up to par(if that) with Hasbro's good to best HML offerings while TB's good to best MLs are actually better done.

Besides maybe the quality control that is, only have one DCUC and 2 DCSH but all three seem better made quality(plastic strength/looseness of joints) then TB's MLs are, could be just as strong as Habro's MLs QC even.

Yeah i'm Marvel, but thatdon't mean i don't like my classic Detective Batman :D

People always make a big deal out of which company they prefer. They always make it specific or have a bias. I always say I’m a comic book guy. I don’t have an affiliate. I hate people that make it some sort of competition. It’s utterly juvenile. Truth is that one couldn’t exist without the other. It’s a symbiotic relationship. They’ve both bit off each other soo much it’s borderline shameless. I think Marvel is more versatile. I personally enjoy a much wider array of their characters. From mainstream to B and C-grade, there are very few Marvel characters I dislike. However; I feel DC has the finest specific comic book characters ever created. They have the archetypes. I also feel DC’s produced the best and most intelligent stories the comics industry has yet to see, although I‘m not as fond of all their characters. So I’m fairly balanced between the two companies.

As for the toys I prefer…it depends upon the era. At this point in time I find DCUC not only the better figures, but the better selection and buy. Hasbro doesn’t cut it for me. Too much of an emphasis upon newer modern garbage in a so-called legends line. I’m so tired of the resculpts and repacks. The cutbacks on articulation were completely uncalled for whilst the price tag is raised. Their obnoxious price increases make me gag at the corporate greed. I’ll never understand how we’re given less for more. Way to go!

But Toybiz’s heyday was the top of the ladder. They can’t be beaten. Their Marvel Legends were something else entirely. Completely changed how toys were made. We came to expect better from our action figures. They set the standard. Those weren’t just the finest comic book figures ever made…they were arguably some of the finest mainstream toys ever made. Period. Pity Hasbro screwed with the formula.

People always make a big deal out of which company they prefer. They always make it specific or have a bias. I always say I’m a comic book guy. I don’t have an affiliate. I hate people that make it some sort of competition. It’s utterly juvenile. Truth is that one couldn’t exist without the other. It’s a symbiotic relationship. They’ve both bit off each other soo much it’s borderline shameless. I think Marvel is more versatile. I personally enjoy a much wider array of their characters. From mainstream to B and C-grade, there are very few Marvel characters I dislike. However; I feel DC has the finest specific comic book characters ever created. They have the archetypes. I also feel DC’s produced the best and most intelligent stories the comics industry has yet to see, although I‘m not as fond of all their characters. So I’m fairly balanced between the two companies.

As for the toys I prefer…it depends upon the era. At this point in time I find DCUC not only the better figures, but the better selection and buy. Hasbro doesn’t cut it for me. Too much of an emphasis upon newer modern garbage in a so-called legends line. I’m so tired of the resculpts and repacks. The cutbacks on articulation were completely uncalled for whilst the price tag is raised. Their obnoxious price increases make me gag at the corporate greed. I’ll never understand how we’re given less for more. Way to go!

But Toybiz’s heyday was the top of the ladder. They can’t be beaten. Their Marvel Legends were something else entirely. Completely changed how toys were made. We came to expect better from our action figures. They set the standard. Those weren’t just the finest comic book figures ever made…they were arguably some of the finest mainstream toys ever made. Period. Pity Hasbro screwed with the formula.

i could not say it better.

DC as a company (and it's fans) will always be second rate to Marvel.

Now how do you get that? DC comics has sparked what are inarguably the most critically acclaimed cartoons and films. They’re in a completely different league. When Ironman was a fantastic popcorn ride…when Dark Knight is getting Oscar buzz! Not just no-named categories either, we’re talking the big honking publicized categories. The ones people actually care about. Doesn't sound second rate to me. Batman the Animated Series was light-years ahead of anything Marvel spawned in the animation department. It’s not considered one of the finest comic based cartoons ever made, it’s considered one of the finest cartoons ever made. Period! Then to top it off, they’ve got easily the two most recognizable and iconic of the superheroes. Batman and Superman are only rivaled by Marvels Spider-Man and possibly the Hulk. You walk up to anyone on the street and they know who Superman and Batman are. They've transcended pop culture. Words like “superman” have broken the comic boundary and become acceptable descriptive terms used in society. DC’s even got the most iconic villains like that of the Joker and Lex Luthor. The number one most selling superhero title of all time was none other then Shazaam/Capt. Marvel. I was darn surprised! Today he’s consider a second-rate DC character, but he still holds the record. The Death of Superman sold more copies then any other trade ever made. Don’t believe me? Look it up! Even Batman: Hush sold more copies then any comic in the last ten years. Again…doesn’t sound second rate to me. So play fair and show some respect. Marvel is not always above DC! That’s just a very unfair statement from an obviously bias Marvel fan.

Preach on brother MM, Preach on.

DC as a company (and it's fans) will always be second rate to Marvel. Toy Biz's ML are the greatest action figures ever made period. DCSH and DCUC is better than Hasbro's ML from 2007; however starting with the Hulk waves Hasbro is closing in on DCUC. But when wave 3 of DCUC hits they will still have a slight advantage.

that was very disrespectful towards DC fans.

Also, look at McF Spidey in the background of Post #1. He just has that uncanny wau of making a pic look interesting. Marvel Legends figures just plainly have more personality and attitude. They are just more fun to pose. Hope it really stays that way with Hasbro.

umm, they dont have more personality and attitude. their fricking toys.

also, that review was done by jin saotome, who in it said he prefered the DCSH articulation becuase its a less is more situation. don't believe me? all yours.

Also, look at McF Spidey in the background of Post #1. He just has that uncanny wau of making a pic look interesting. Marvel Legends figures just plainly have more personality and attitude. They are just more fun to pose. Hope it really stays that way with Hasbro.

umm, they dont have more personality and attitude. their fricking toys.

also, that review was done by jin saotome, who in it said he prefered the DCSH articulation becuase its a less is more situation. don't believe me? all yours.

We can agree to disagree, and I'll leave it at that. Different strokes for different folks I say, I'm just an articulation freak and poseable figure aficionado. Halo 3 figures just tickle me silly !

Interesting points. I agree almost 100%, although with a few reservations because Marvel has created it's share of archetypes as well.

I find myself disagreeing with bulk of the rest of your post. Currently, I do like DCUC better, but for different reasons. I don't think it's fair to accuse Hasbro of 'corporate greed' in raising prices and giving less articulation when the DCUC figures practically match them in those departments. I don't mind getting 'modern' and newer characters over classic ones. I'd happily replace the yellow-shirt Power Man on my shelf with a modern Luke Cage. I also don't think that TB MLs will never be topped. Actually, I think DCUC is well on the way to accomplishing that (especially if you compare the first few waves of DCUC to the first few waves of TB ML).

But... that's me. I'm not trying to take anything away form your opinion, I'm just observing that we differ on the details, but agree on the major points. :)

People always make a big deal out of which company they prefer. They always make it specific or have a bias. I always say I'm a comic book guy. I don't have an affiliate. I hate people that make it some sort of competition. It's utterly juvenile. Truth is that one couldn't exist without the other. It's a symbiotic relationship. They've both bit off each other soo much it's borderline shameless. I think Marvel is more versatile. I personally enjoy a much wider array of their characters. From mainstream to B and C-grade, there are very few Marvel characters I dislike. However; I feel DC has the finest specific comic book characters ever created. They have the archetypes. I also feel DC's produced the best and most intelligent stories the comics industry has yet to see, although I'm not as fond of all their characters. So I'm fairly balanced between the two companies.

Interesting points. I agree almost 100%, although with a few reservations because Marvel has created it's share of archetypes as well.

I find myself disagreeing with bulk of the rest of your post. Currently, I do like DCUC better, but for different reasons. I don't think it's fair to accuse Hasbro of 'corporate greed' in raising prices and giving less articulation when the DCUC figures practically match them in those departments. I don't mind getting 'modern' and newer characters over classic ones. I'd happily replace the yellow-shirt Power Man on my shelf with a modern Luke Cage. I also don't think that TB MLs will never be topped. Actually, I think DCUC is well on the way to accomplishing that (especially if you compare the first few waves of DCUC to the first few waves of TB ML).

But... that's me. I'm not trying to take anything away form your opinion, I'm just observing that we differ on the details, but agree on the major points. :)

No. DCUC being better than the Hasbro ML is as far as one can go. DCUC will NEVER touch ToyBiz's reign. You can't compare DCUC wave one to ML wave 1 because that is 2002 to 2008. Toy making techniques advance. Still ML 1 Iron Man owns anything from the first two waves of DCUC. That and almost every damn DCUC uses the same legs and 3 or 5 figures from wave one use the same torsos and arms. Weak.

Guys, the question was Marvel Legends (a-f toyline) VS DC Universe Classics (a-f toyline). So you must compare them AS TOYLINES , not as who has better heroes, which company has better movies or cartoons or more fans. Just the 6inch main series.

true but when your talking bout super hero toys you must talk about the company that print the characters. i don't know why but it seems kinda logical/