MARVEL LEGENDS vs. DCUC

pooda

Guys, the question was Marvel Legends (a-f toyline) VS DC Universe Classics (a-f toyline). So you must compare them AS TOYLINES , not as who has better heroes, which company has better movies or cartoons or more fans. Just the 6inch main series.

But... discussing 'better' is virtually always a matter of opinion. In giving one's opinion of which line is better, I'd rather see admission of (and speaking personally, admit to) personal bias that may result from fondness for one company's characters over the other.

Plain and simple, it's easy to accept "I don't like DCUC because I'm not fond of Batman." If you leave bias out of it and the person says "Marvel Legends are better, Toy Biz rules!" ... same end result, but the second answer tells you nothing about why the person has their opinion.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I like DCUC better just because of the selection they are releasing. They are putting figures I actually want on the waves rather than putting movie figures which I absolutely hate with a passion. And honestly and truthfully I haven't seen one of their figures that I absolutely cringe over such as Ultimate Wolverine from blob wave. Plus all of their bafs and the ones announced have been figures I want. Legends has had 3 bafs I hated but one I liked after I completed him. But seriously who wants a mojo and a brood queen when there are so many other bafs you can make. Like Uatu for one.

I dont understand Hasbros thinking when they are putting waves together. None of us want movie figures especially from that monstrosity X3. And with the Hulk/FFF waves coming out why put that many hulks on the line when there are so many other figures you could put on there. Hulk's wife for instance. While on that waves subject, why in the world are they making another She-Hulk. Didnt we just get one 2 waves ago???

The new 2 packs are coming out soon and hopefully they'll pull hasbro's head out of their butt.

damn...its people who dont like batman? i guess, seeing that its a few who dont like spiderman.

It was just an example. Didn't mean to give you a heart attack. :wink:

you dont have to take everything i say as an insult. :wink: i like both characters....as a matter of fact, theyre my two favorite. anyway, i like(d) them both(ML/DCUC) i just hate when they change them for the worst. its like t crotches, i hate'em....but i like the way mattel made it work as far as articulation. its helps keep the sculpt of the fig, without making it look like a statue. both companies had me hooked for pretty much the same reasons.....articulation! when they introduced the SMC line back whenever, i said "yes!, finally i get a spidey that i can pose like spidey!" so thats what had me...a line of marvel characters that looked good and moved well. now all i was missing was some dc characters that could keep in the race because, although the dcd figs looked good, they were still in the same league as a kenner fig(as far as articulation) then mattel came with the dcsh and it was like the superpowers all over again, but with articulation! so iwould have to say that im rolling with DCUC right now.

he wasnt, he was just saying it was an example.

and for those of you out there who don't like DCUC and/or DC characters, go see TDK, and buy a toy (be it movie masters or DCUC), then give your opinion. its easy to dislike something (or someone) if you havent given it/them a chance.

i just didnt want him to think i was talking smart.(because i wasnt) but i agree with you...for the most part atleast.

Guys, the question was Marvel Legends (a-f toyline) VS DC Universe Classics (a-f toyline). So you must compare them AS TOYLINES , not as who has better heroes, which company has better movies or cartoons or more fans. Just the 6inch main series.

But... discussing 'better' is virtually always a matter of opinion. In giving one's opinion of which line is better, I'd rather see admission of (and speaking personally, admit to) personal bias that may result from fondness for one company's characters over the other.

Plain and simple, it's easy to accept "I don't like DCUC because I'm not fond of Batman." If you leave bias out of it and the person says "Marvel Legends are better, Toy Biz rules!" ... same end result, but the second answer tells you nothing about why the person has their opinion.

"Better" shouldn´t be always a matter of opinion. I believe there some should be standard points to review and give an opinion based on that.

For example,I`m going to mention figs. most people consider good or great figures.

FO Cap. America - (ToyBiz)

Detective Batman- (Mattel)

10th Anniversary Spawn - (McFarlane Toys)

Which of this figs is the best? Well, I like those 3 characters, but I´m a DC fan, or a Marvel fan, but Spawn is the winner because it has better paint apps and sculpt,and it includes a base while the other two have a descent paint app and washes.

Of course is a quick example, but I hope u get what I´m trying to say. I may be a DC fan, or a Marvel fan, but I gave it to Spawn cause judging it ONLY as an action figure, he`s the best, based on what I and most people think a good figure is.

That´s why I say our comments should be based on what a god a-f is, not which company belongs to or which character I`m fond or not.

Or else the question should have been more specific :)

damn...its people who dont like batman? i guess, seeing that its a few who dont like spiderman.

It was just an example. Didn't mean to give you a heart attack. :wink:

you dont have to take everything i say as an insult. :wink

I didn't take it that way. You made an observation about what I said, and I made a joke about it. I'm all about the sarcasm.

Well, the sarcasm and the toys, anyway. :smile:

"Better" shouldn´t be always a matter of opinion. I believe there some should be standard points to review and give an opinion based on that.

This means that everyone has to agree and adhere to said points. That's completely possible, and could prove to be entertaining for us analytical types.

BUT that's not what's being asked for here. Pooda gave no guidelines, he simply asked people for their individual opinions on which toyline they like better. In this case, 'better' will be a matter of whatever the person brings to the table, including their preferences of character. Since there isn't any criteria in the question, things like 'character appreciation' can't rightly be called invalid here.

I get what you're saying, I really do. I just don't think it's applicable to this thread.

This means that everyone has to agree and adhere to said points. That's completely possible, and could prove to be entertaining for us analytical types.

BUT that's not what's being asked for here. Pooda gave no guidelines, he simply asked people for their individual opinions on which toyline they like better. In this case, 'better' will be a matter of whatever the person brings to the table, including their preferences of character. Since there isn't any criteria in the question, things like 'character appreciation' can't rightly be called invalid here.

I get what you're saying, I really do. I just don't think it's applicable to this thread.

Gotta give u that

Since there are no guidelines, "everyone is entitled to their opinion" is applicable to the thread :).

I still have my doubts, though. . .hehehehe

i like ML because....

i love Marvel

they have more articulation

ML paint is good..

the only difference in articulation is..and this is when HASBRO chooses to do this, is the double joints or the ball joints. they both have their pros and cons. one of the pros to a ball joint is the range of movement...but a con is lack of sculpt. the dcuc T joints have oppisite reasons...limits the range of movement but keeps the sculpt better. besides doube knees/elbows, and ball joints...theyre pretty much do the same stuff (dcuc vs.hml)

no matter what anyone says...ML's arent painted better than DCUC figs. they have WAY less flaking or paint transfer than ml's, the joints dont come stuck together( the movie masters did) the limbs dont come warped or bent in most cases, and the joints dont get loose from general posing. IMO

• 3 weeks later...

I like Marvel Legends best, but I admit that it's because I really don't like DC characters and thus don't own very many. The only DC characters I like are batman and some of his rogue's gallery, and I really only like them because of the 90s cartoon. Which was in a totally different style.

So I like Marvel Legends best, but it's due to character selection more than anything else.

I have one DC Universe character and that is Superman, because he is a universal icon, but I have over 45 Marvel Legends, because they have more articulation and poseability. A lot of them can be posed in different situations. Spiderman has the most of course and I can pose him hanging upside down from his web. There's more "action" in the early Marvel Legends action figures and some of them have the ability to to flash the "rock on, dude" gesture and that truly makes my day!! Nuff said.

Also, look at McF Spidey in the background of Post #1. He just has that uncanny wau of making a pic look interesting. Marvel Legends figures just plainly have more personality and attitude. They are just more fun to pose. Hope it really stays that way with Hasbro.

umm, they dont have more personality and attitude. their fricking toys.

also, that review was done by jin saotome, who in it said he prefered the DCSH articulation becuase its a less is more situation. don't believe me? all yours.

We can agree to disagree, and I'll leave it at that. Different strokes for different folks I say, I'm just an articulation freak and poseable figure aficionado. Halo 3 figures just tickle me silly !

they have even less than the DCUC ones.

all in all, its a different focus for the line. for toybiz, it was make the figure move as much as possible, and still look somewhat decent. for mattel, its focus on the aesthetics of the figure, but give enough articulation to get some good poses. comparing them is almost impossible.

i like ML because....

i love Marvel

ML paint is good..

the only difference in articulation is..and this is when HASBRO chooses to do this, is the double joints or the ball joints. they both have their pros and cons. one of the pros to a ball joint is the range of movement...but a con is lack of sculpt. the dcuc T joints have oppisite reasons...limits the range of movement but keeps the sculpt better. besides doube knees/elbows, and ball joints...theyre pretty much do the same stuff (dcuc vs.hml)

no matter what anyone says...ML's arent painted better than DCUC figs. they have WAY less flaking or paint transfer than ml's, the joints dont come stuck together( the movie masters did) the limbs dont come warped or bent in most cases, and the joints dont get loose from general posing. IMO

i agree. the only stuck joint ive ever had with a DCUC style figure is the batman begins movie masters, and even then, it only took a few tugs to get it loose and functional.

and for those that say that ML'S paint is more detailed than DCUC, go get an aquaman. youll be pleasantly surprised.

i like ML because....

i love Marvel

ML paint is good..

i agree. the only stuck joint ive ever had with a DCUC style figure is the batman begins movie masters, and even then, it only took a few tugs to get it loose and functional.

and for those that say that ML'S paint is more detailed than DCUC, go get an aquaman. youll be pleasantly surprised.

now THAT..was a statement truly worthy of your double post. i agree with you 100%

I have to say I like DCUC better just because of the selection they are releasing. They are putting figures I actually want on the waves rather than putting movie figures which I absolutely hate with a passion. And honestly and truthfully I haven't seen one of their figures that I absolutely cringe over such as Ultimate Wolverine from blob wave. Plus all of their bafs and the ones announced have been figures I want. Legends has had 3 bafs I hated but one I liked after I completed him. But seriously who wants a mojo and a brood queen when there are so many other bafs you can make. Like Uatu for one.

I dont understand Hasbros thinking when they are putting waves together. None of us want movie figures especially from that monstrosity X3. And with the Hulk/FFF waves coming out why put that many hulks on the line when there are so many other figures you could put on there. Hulk's wife for instance. While on that waves subject, why in the world are they making another She-Hulk. Didnt we just get one 2 waves ago???

The new 2 packs are coming out soon and hopefully they'll pull hasbro's head out of their butt.

EXACTLY. i dont feel like buying a million on one character when there are some heros not made yet.

i like ML because....

i love Marvel

ML paint is good..

true, my series 4 punisher came with one foot having articlated toes and the other foot didnt.