MARVEL LEGENDS vs. DCUC

pooda

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like a lot fo what was said, and Mysterio mad some great points, but as stated before this si about TOYLINES

We all know that ToyBiz changed the game and thier pesonal brand of ML's are classic ....PERIOD!!!

While I do like the better quality of Hasbro's stuff, they have definitely dropped the ball in some regards (man I hate their version of the hip ball-joint ... their Sigma Six figures had better hip movement).

Now the DCUD/ DCSh has been impressive ...they are limited due to certain stances and most lack the ability to grip anything, but that is how Mattel wants to save money on a larger license by re-using the same mold over and over again think Barbie and the original MOTU)

right now, I saw DC, not because I like DC better than Marvel, but for $$$$ Mattel's DCUC is giving you more for the same. Characters that have not seen the 6"-inch light outside of he over-pricec DC Direct stuff, product that can be found in at least 2 main toy retail shops, and a BAF with a need to only buy 5 figs instead of 6 or 8.

Now we may have to revisit this thread after the Nemesis and Ares waves hit.

i like a lot fo what was said, and Mysterio mad some great points, but as stated before this si about TOYLINES

We all know that ToyBiz changed the game and thier pesonal brand of ML's are classic ....PERIOD!!!

While I do like the better quality of Hasbro's stuff, they have definitely dropped the ball in some regards (man I hate their version of the hip ball-joint ... their Sigma Six figures had better hip movement).

Now the DCUD/ DCSh has been impressive ...they are limited due to certain stances and most lack the ability to grip anything, but that is how Mattel wants to save money on a larger license by re-using the same mold over and over again think Barbie and the original MOTU)

right now, I saw DC, not because I like DC better than Marvel, but for $$$$ Mattel's DCUC is giving you more for the same. Characters that have not seen the 6"-inch light outside of he over-pricec DC Direct stuff, product that can be found in at least 2 main toy retail shops, and a BAF with a need to only buy 5 figs instead of 6 or 8.

Now we may have to revisit this thread after the Nemesis and Ares waves hit.

DCSH/DCUC make things happen when they count. if a fig needs to hold something, it will.(although i love hand articulation)

I like 'em both.

But I think Rollo's probably right. If Marvel Legends hadn't paved the way for a collector-oriented 6" line of comic-based action figures, I doubt DCUC would be happening in the same form it is.

I would find it extremely unlikely that the size/scale of DCUC wasn't at least partially chosen to deliberately make them compatible with Marvel Legends, thus encouraging fans/collectors of that line to start picking these up as well.

• 1 month later...
that would make a great marvel/DC crossover comic wolverine & Lobo (bit like that old flick easyrider eh? ) lol. great pics by the way, pooda, ya have made my day : )

thanx. they did have a crossover that ended up with an @$$ kicking for lobo. now the biggest fault with hat was.....lobo can kick superman's @$$... :wacko:

I know I just got sucked back in with the Solomon Grundy Line. I stop collecting the original line because it was so hard to find and even gave them away, but now with the collect and connect it was a really bad decision. I wish I had my Joker,Catwoman ans Supergirl back!

But I degress. I think they are great, however, Marvel is still the best because of the articulation and the classic figures. And I am partial to Marvel as opposed to DC. Anyway I just got a WonderWoman so I am happy!

DC as a company (and it's fans) will always be second rate to Marvel.

This is typical Marvel fan. Marvel could print blank X-Men comics every month and they'd still be saying "Excelsior! DC SUCKS!"

Now how do you get that? DC comics has sparked what are inarguably the most critically acclaimed cartoons and films. They’re in a completely different league. When Ironman was a fantastic popcorn ride…when Dark Knight is getting Oscar buzz! Not just no-named categories either, we’re talking the big honking publicized categories. The ones people actually care about. Doesn't sound second rate to me. Batman the Animated Series was light-years ahead of anything Marvel spawned in the animation department. It’s not considered one of the finest comic based cartoons ever made, it’s considered one of the finest cartoons ever made. Period! Then to top it off, they’ve got easily the two most recognizable and iconic of the superheroes. Batman and Superman are only rivaled by Marvels Spider-Man and possibly the Hulk. You walk up to anyone on the street and they know who Superman and Batman are. They've transcended pop culture. Words like “superman” have broken the comic boundary and become acceptable descriptive terms used in society. DC’s even got the most iconic villains like that of the Joker and Lex Luthor. The number one most selling superhero title of all time was none other then Shazaam/Capt. Marvel. I was darn surprised! Today he’s consider a second-rate DC character, but he still holds the record. The Death of Superman sold more copies then any other trade ever made. Don’t believe me? Look it up! Even Batman: Hush sold more copies then any comic in the last ten years. Again…doesn’t sound second rate to me. So play fair and show some respect. Marvel is not always above DC! That’s just a very unfair statement from an obviously bias Marvel fan.

Marvel may have made more movies, but Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were better than EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! X2 comes close and that's it. Don't even start on the animation, other than the first two seasons of X-Men every single piece of Saturday morning filler Marvel put out was a joke.

The comics go in cycles. Right now Marvel takes the cake but a couple of years ago when Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis came out DC was on top.

As for the toyline, my only gripe with ML was too much articulation. Who cares if you figures have double-jointed knees and toes? I did, when they kept falling off my shelf. My ML 8 Doc Ock couldn't stand up because of over articulation. Same with Black Cat, Black Widow, Deadpool and a few others.

However, DCUC gets my vote because I don't have to buy eight figures to get my BAF together, then sell half of them because I didn't want them in the first place.

Pooda I've always been a Marvel Legends fan but ever since you've posted these action shots of DCU vs. Marvel I've been looking more at DCU figs I already picked up robin, Nightwing, deathstroke and classic Batman, and i have to say they are excellent, Marvel will always be my fav but now I im nterested in picking up some good Batman trades, and finishing dcu build a figures.

• 4 months later...

I must admit, I'm really more into the DC Universe 6" figures right now. I have a couple of figures from each wave and I have every figure from wave 1, 3 and 6. In fact, the new long haired Superman has fast become one of my favorite figures I own. And I can't wait to pick up Flash, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold from wave 7.

I even currently have this pic as my computer desktop.

3267985857_f0e5b3403c_o.jpg

Still, I'm definitely a bigger Marvel fan than DC. (Always have been). But I'm not an either or kind of guy. I think you can like both Coke and Pepsi, Star Wars and Star Trek and DC and Marvel. I'm a diehard Spider-Man fan, but DC has some of my favorite characters as well. I used to love the Perez/Wolfman New Teen Titans, John Byrne's Superman, Justice League International by Giffen, Dematteis and Maquire, etc. And I am an absolute fanatic for the Bruce Timm created DC animated shows like Batman, Superman and the Justice League.