TB presentation on what could have been..

deadpooliscool

i will just believe what they say when they show pics of unproduced figures. but i think either way i will cry.

first hasbro will show a new exclusive special edition and exclusive in every country even u.s.a marvel legends wave.

second toybiz will tell and maybe show some cool figs of what could have been.

either way, i will get nothing. i love this world :hulk:

i will just believe what they say when they show pics of unproduced figures. but i think either way i will cry.

first hasbro will show a new exclusive special edition and exclusive in every country even u.s.a marvel legends wave.

second toybiz will tell and maybe show some cool figs of what could have been.

either way, i will get nothing. i love this world :hulk:

HMMMM. So does this mean ToyBiz (or Marvel Toys) is shooting to get the license back? Or are they working with Hasbro on the side, or what? What's the reasoning behind this presentation?

GEEK

On one hand, it's something interesting. Marvel is all about the 'What If?' after all.

On the other hand, the more thought I give it, the more I have to side with those wondering what the point is of this. The most likely end result is to get a lot of fans upset over -literally- nothing.

Those who dislike Hasbro will try to use it as more fuel, no matter what is shown. If it's great, then it's better than Hasbro, but if it's bad, then Hasbro paid them off so that Hasbro appears to be superior. Even those who like Hasbro or are at least indifferent are likely to see something that they would have liked to get.

As was already said, the most likely end result will just be to upset all the fans, with no end goal. Hasbro has the license for a few more years regardless. To my knowledge, only Marvel themselves can take it away, and I just can't see where the possibility of one toyline being 'better' out of dozens that Hasbro can and will use the license on is important enough for them to do so. Anything TB shows off now that the fans react positively to just gives Hasbro a 'free pass' to get it out there and beat TB to the punch, so it's not like they can use it in a few years to get the license back. There simply isn't anything to be gained by TB in this.

It could turn out that TB shows of cool stuff, the fans complain that Hasbro won't make it, and Hasbro takes note and does make the 'cool stuff'... I think that is, quite simply, the ONLY way this could mean anything positive.

Still, like I said in the other thread, I wouldn't mind seeing a podcast.

I feel physically and mentally prepared to see "what could've been". I don't wear Toy Biz goggles and I am not a Hasbro hater. However, If I see a Jim Lee Jean Grey proto I might cry a little bit inside. So I'll just have to peep inside my Comic-Con bag and take a look at my sweet, sweet, savage land set and comfort myself.

IF we do see unmade figures i think hasbro will see what we say see wich one we want the most and i think hasbro will steal the idea and make it, i would if i was hasbro.

if i see sauron, storm, jubilee, lilandra, callisto i will cry too :( weeeep but if we all say we want these toybiz no longer have to marvel name so hasbro by right can make them yehhhhhhh !!!!!!!

i did like th fact that toybiz had detail and shipped to england buy i didnt like the huge circle joints for shoulder on every figure i like hasbro sculpts.

IF we do see unmade figures i think hasbro will see what we say see wich one we want the most and i think hasbro will steal the idea and make it, i would if i was hasbro.

if i see sauron, storm, jubilee, lilandra, callisto i will cry too :( weeeep but if we all say we want these toybiz no longer have to marvel name so hasbro by right can make them yehhhhhhh !!!!!!!

i did like th fact that toybiz had detail and shipped to england buy i didnt like the huge circle joints for shoulder on every figure i like hasbro sculpts.

There has to be a reason. With Marvel Toys failing hit with LH line, then perhaps they are trying to force Hasbro to bring them on and give them some real control.

Really, this is odd. Intriguing, but odd. So, for now, I'll stay positive that there is a good reason for this and it translates into more cool product for us, but only because I'm a humongous...

GEEK

I wouldn't say LHs failed, I think that it was a matter of distribution (isn't everything) or lack there of. I was looking forward to the third wave of LH if only to build the Frost Giant. If I remember correctly ToyBiz shut LH down so that they could help Hasbro manage the ML line.

All that said, maybe the unannounced BAF wave and this What If wave are one in the same? It's possible that maybe Hasbro and ToyBiz will be working together from now on. Toybiz doing the sculpts and Hasbro with the distribution or vice versa.

Yeah, yeah I know, and maybe marvel buys the rights to Superman from the Seigels.

I can dream. :tongue:

i dont get it either why toybiz is doing this but it has nothing to do with showing hasbro how it is done because toybiz did legends for years now and hasbro has the license for over 2 years now. i dont believe that toybiz wants to show there figs to hasbro just for character selection either. i mean why should they? there are thousands of wishlists out there and what would be the benefits? it is still a buisnes?

in my believe i think that marvel itself takes back a lot of there licenses because thats where the money is. this is a way to show we may be back one day. who knows. there were a lot of rumors about the legends canceled and for me, making them exclusive is a near end way but thats just me. maybe toybiz will get the comic license back and not the movies and games. who knows what this is all about. we will see in a few days if this is even true because it is odd.

this is like here is a cookie and you wont get it hahahahaha. mean bastards.