Our First Suprise in a long Time.

JohnnyRebelV2

Last year at SDCC when the fantastic four and Holocaust waves were shown we already knew all about them. We even knew about the FFF waves and they weren't shown until Toyfare. This year at SDCC a BAF wave will be shown and we have no idea who's in it. It's rare for Hasbro to keep something under lock and key like this without Cooltoyreview finding out. So who's it going to be?

The thing that gets me is that whatever we do see won't be on shelf for like a year and a half. Either way i'll be happy with new product. I am a little concerned about hasbro's answer to weather or not the 6 in line was done. It was a very simply and short answer. The same question has been asked in regards to other lines in the past, and hasbro 9 times outta 10 goes into great detail with much emphasis on how and why the line is not ending and how they have bright plans and are very excited about the future. Their answer in regards to 6 inch ML line makes me think it's not the FULL answer. No it's not ending. But it will only continue in movie based waves? In 2 theme waves a year? in a yearly exclusive wave? Granted all those things combined WOULD more or less give us the past year. Any whom I know we here it every few months "Ohh my god it's over". Thus however is the first time I'm starting to think the STANDARD Serialized series is done.

If the Foom wave has taught us anything, it's that Hasbro is still trying to get this thing right. They're not ToyBiz, but I think that they understand that they have a cash cow on their hands if they would just manage it right.

Another thing that is working in the collector's favor is the DCU line. Collectors and customizers have an option at this point. Before MLs were the end all and be all on the market. So, we were stuck with what Hasbro produced. Now Hasbro has to shape up in order to compete and stay atop the market.

Lastly, it would seem that they have tightened security, as no images have leaked out of production (with the exception of the Hhulk video game figures) of what the new BAF wave will be (and I know we all have been searching high and low for tidbits contacting sources etc).

my feeling on the new BAF wave is an Iron Man wave. if you look at all the Marvel Legends thread over the Internet you would see that they at least have one Iron Man Want list on them. Hasbro would be stupid not to realise one.

That and who's DVD will be coming out in a few months? Iron Man, what movies have had a ML line to go with em from Hasbro for either DVD or actual release of the film? FF SM3 and Hulk, IM is the obvious choice and Hasbro can do IM right more then anybody if they try just a tad so it seems to be what to look for and to hope for, next year will be the big X year with the new toon and Wolvy movie anyway so theres no need for a big X themed wave till then, even though the Target wave has two X chars and the WM wave has two aswell if you count Nemesis and then theres the X themed two pack of Forge and Wolvy.

Bring on Iron Man and some of his villains!

my feeling on the new BAF wave is an Iron Man wave. if you look at all the Marvel Legends thread over the Internet you would see that they at least have one Iron Man Want list on them. Hasbro would be stupid not to realise one.

That and who's DVD will be coming out in a few months? Iron Man, what movies have had a ML line to go with em from Hasbro for either DVD or actual release of the film? FF SM3 and Hulk, IM is the obvious choice and Hasbro can do IM right more then anybody if they try just a tad so it seems to be what to look for and to hope for, next year will be the big X year with the new toon and Wolvy movie anyway so theres no need for a big X themed wave till then, even though the Target wave has two X chars and the WM wave has two aswell if you count Nemesis and then theres the X themed two pack of Forge and Wolvy.

Bring on Iron Man and some of his villains!

Let's see, I guess they could do "classic" Titanium Man or even "classic" Iron Monger as a BAF. I doubt it'll be another "multi-wave large BAF" but in that case they could do Ultimo. Of course, FFF is more an Iron Man villain than a Hulk villain, so it's cool that he got made. Here's another odd idea: What about "Build A Figure" parts that let you build Iron Man's "Hulkbuster II" armor from the Planet Hulk series? Basically armor pieces that you could fit around a (theoretical) Extremis Iron Man figure?

We KNOW they will have at least 1 BAF on display at SDCC. They told us they would in a Q&A. My dream wave is:

Thanos BAF

Neo Classic post Armor Wars Iron Man

Jim Lee Rouge

Ultron, classic

Red Skull (white tux)

and two new characters, don't care who they are.

hmmm two characters....

storm and sauron

that it where my shotgun? enough with the X-men!!!! or at least Storm. don't mind sauron too much but replace storm with Polaris and you got it.

We KNOW they will have at least 1 BAF on display at SDCC. They told us they would in a Q&A. My dream wave is:

Thanos BAF

Jim Lee Rouge

Ultron, classic

Red Skull (white tux)

hmmm two characters....

storm and sauron

that it where my shotgun? enough with the X-men!!!! or at least Storm. don't mind sauron too much but replace storm with Polaris and you got it.

what he said. . . :wolverine2:

Thanos BAF

Jim Lee Rouge

Ultron, classic

Red Skull (white tux)

hmmm two characters....

storm and sauron

Two NEW characters. Sauron would be new but we already have a storm. But I wouldn't suprised if FA Storm shows up in this wave. We know she's been made for years now and is ready for a home.

Storm alright, as in the tiny Johnny Storm base body now being reused for all the normal bodied ML Legends. starting with the smallish, headed Ronin, the new diminutive Daredevil based on Johnny Storm's body and so on and so forth. Remember the teensy Silver Surfer we got from FFML, we're seeing that again on the Silver Savage, or the skinny a$$ Iron Man Mk3 Movie figure. Gosh it never ends . . . Good thing they didn't screw with scale on the FFF Wave. .