spidey and batman are alike

Norgarr

well i just noticed that spidey and batman are alike in there stories

spidey's parents died when he was a kid.

so as batman.

spidey has black cat.

batman has catwoman.

spidey has lizard.

batman has killer croc.

kraven took spidey's costume on kraven's last hunt

joker copied batman's costume

kraven became a hero.

so did joker(but joker was still bad even though he became a hero)

spidey has venom(eddie brock)

batman has clayface(ethan bennett)

venom was spidey's friend but venom became a villain

clayface was batman's friend but clayface became a villain

both venom and clayface were gooey people.

then came a a 2nd venom.carnage(cletus kasady)

then came a 2nd clayface.clayface II(basil karlo)

venom was cured but carnage stayed as carnage.

clayface was cured but clayface II stayed as clayface II.

the future spidey was 2099 spider-man.

the future batman was batman beyond.

well i just noticed that..

Dudes okay i get if you hated my topic well fine i'm not mad at all

Okay sorry guys..and if your still mad at me cause i posted a DC topic here

..well okay i will not post a DC topic here.....(atleast i inculded spidey in this topic)

..and guys i was just posting something that i noticed about both of the characters...

(don't call me a NOOB okay!!!!!!....) :wolverine2:

what is with "HAHA"???

HAHA(its like a form of laugh)see HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like LOL....

lol is like lol. but anyway...i know what HAHA means, i want to know why you HAHA before you post on everything? its cool to laugh.....but all the time?.....kinda weird....BUT...to each its own. batman and spidey are 2 different characters that have common areas that are shared with ore than 200 other characters. if you say that they are alike, you can also throw in a WHOLE lot more!

Most of the stuff you mention does come from the cartoons 'The Batman' and 'Spectacular Spider-Man'... and Greg Weisman worked on both. He even wrote the episodes in which Bennett became Clayface (among others). I'd say that's likely to be your linking factor on most of it right there.

The things mentioned that come directly from the comics could indeed be applied to many other superheroes. Heck, Iron Man's parents died when he was young (whether or not he was a child depends on who's telling the story), his costume has been copied by his enemies on multiple occasions, he has multiple friends who became villains and villains who became friends, there are several future versions...

I'm not making fun of you, just observing that these are conventions of the genre. It's good that you recognize them, as long as it doesn't hamper your enjoyment of them. Now, if you were using the similarities you found as a reason to hate one character for 'ripping off' the other... then I'd make fun of you. As-is, you're recognizing the standard superhero storytelling fallbacks, which can be interesting, fun, and helps when deciding if a particular story is fresh and exciting, or stale and unoriginal.