I dont want to start a fight, but...

TomTom

i dont understand. how can you have less articulation and paint washes, but charge more? i want that red hulk wave black spidey....and i need the upcoming punisher., but im not going to act as if im "magically" okay with paying an extra 30.00 per wave....and if you pay second hand prices now....imagine the mark up later. im just kinda.......i dont know the word for it. im not upset...just...confused i guess. so they want us to drop 90.00 on a set that would normally cost us 60.00....thats a hell of a mark up!

i dont understand. how can you have less articulation and paint washes, but charge more? i want that red hulk wave black spidey....and i need the upcoming punisher., but im not going to act as if im "magically" okay with paying an extra 30.00 per wave....and if you pay second hand prices now....imagine the mark up later. im just kinda.......i dont know the word for it. im not upset...just...confused i guess. so they want us to drop 90.00 on a set that would normally cost us 60.00....thats a hell of a mark up!

What's so confusing about rising prices? In fact, look around at other figures. Most of the McSpawnlane stuff has been $12 to $15 for a while now. All the new HellBoy figs are $15. Actually seems we had a longer than usual run at the lower prices. Also, the article says mid single digit pricing goes up, so $9.99 toys would be high single digit, right?

I wish action figures we're $6.99 like they were 15 years ago, but they ain't.

GEEK

What's so confusing about rising prices? In fact, look around at other figures. Most of the McSpawnlane stuff has been $12 to $15 for a while now. All the new HellBoy figs are $15. Actually seems we had a longer than usual run at the lower prices. Also, the article says mid single digit pricing goes up, so $9.99 toys would be high single digit, right?

GEEK

spawn...smaller company.

mezco...smaller company.

both company's figs look better than most hml's(sculpt wise)

i dont collect either.(want some comic HB stuff though)

rising prices are fine when the product matches the increase. i know, not everyone agrees that HML's are worst than TB figs, but if you already had some sort of poblem with the HML's to begin with, i dont see a price increase setting to well.(please keep the "if you dont like it" responses to yourself...i might not like HML's, but its all we get for now) im trying to deal with the whole "HML" thing.....but an increase? i think were just spending too much money. i feel sorry for the poor collectors that have to shop the secondary market.

GEEK

spawn...smaller company.

mezco...smaller company.

both company's figs look better than most hml's(sculpt wise)

i dont collect either.(want some comic HB stuff though)

rising prices are fine when the product matches the increase. i know, not everyone agrees that HML's are worst than TB figs, but if you already had some sort of poblem with the HML's to begin with, i dont see a price increase setting to well.(please keep the "if you dont like it" responses to yourself...i might not like HML's, but its all we get for now) im trying to deal with the whole "HML" thing.....but an increase? i think were just spending too much money. i feel sorry for the poor collectors that have to shop the secondary market.

Im with you bro !!

Here's a thought (although maybe not a new one)...eliminate the BAF concept and just charge me for the figure. That way Hasbro can create a more attractive price point for themselves and sell more figures than any "enticement" a BAF might offer. $15 per figure makes me cut back on my spending by forcing me to buy the figures I have to have, vs the figures I wouldn't mind having. I'd spend $50 on 5 different Hulk figures without a BAF piece vs $30 on 2 the way things currently are. Am I the only one who really doesn't care if they get a Fin Fang Foom or a Red Hulk? Hell, if I had either I'd rather have the $50-$75 I could get on ebay for it.

Also, the article says mid single digit pricing goes up, so $9.99 toys would be high single digit, right?

mid single....5.00

hate to break it to you, but the articulation is going back up.

also, plastic is made from oil, which we all know the price of the stuff is rising like crazy, so it shouldnt be that big of a surprise. it's the main reason companies are going into smaller scales (3 3/4 in.)

plus, i think its gonna happen after '08*, so you can get your red hulk and spidey no problem.

*it's easier for wal*mart or target to reset the prices on stuff for either a new line (hulk wave) or at the end of the year, for two reasons:

1.the product hasnt shippied yet (new toys), or half of it's gone from christmas (old toys)

2.they wouldnt do this for announced product.

and we dont even get a cool comic with all the marvel legends adds inside like with toy biz. not even a little stand to go with it.

toybiz got the comics for free, being an in-house brand of marvel and all. hasbro would have to pay, which would drive up the costs even further, which i think is the opposite of what we want done (i wouldnt mind seeing some of those cardboard back drops, however).

and we dont even get a cool comic with all the marvel legends adds inside like with toy biz. not even a little stand to go with it.

toybiz got the comics for free, being an in-house brand of marvel and all. hasbro would have to pay, which would drive up the costs even further, which i think is the opposite of what we want done (i wouldnt mind seeing some of those cardboard back drops, however).

you act as if marvel doesnt make any money off the figs. if hasbro wants them to print up some comics...it can happen. as far a plastic being made from oil.....who cares! dcuc aint going up...dvd players, xboxes, PS's, toothbrushes and a crap load of other stuff is made from plastic......with no price incrase because of "oil" im not buying that a company thats been making toys before you were born, is having money troubles! for Chrst's sake...they have almost every license that counts(SW, INDY, GI, ML, TRANS)

DCUC is going up starting with Wave 3, from what I understand (the case prices certainly seem to have gone up).

Most of these price increases are already happening/have already happened. At this point I don't think we're actually going to see the prices change, because retailers started charging about $1 or more for most 3 3/4" and up figures a few weeks ago.

Toys go up in price people. You don't pay $2.99 for Star Wars figures like you did in the early 80's. The Toy manufacturers kept the prices down around the $4.99 mark for as long as they possibly could, but in doing so, it's caused a "slingshot effect" as now they have to raise the prices quite a bit in a short amount of time to reach the point where they're reasonably profitable again.

And no, it's not just toys that are going up in price. Do a little research and you'll find that virtually all Chinese-made goods are going up in price.

GEEK

15 years ago? Try more like 3 or 4 years ago.

you act as if marvel doesnt make any money off the figs. if hasbro wants them to print up some comics...it can happen. as far a plastic being made from oil.....who cares! dcuc aint going up...dvd players, xboxes, PS's, toothbrushes and a crap load of other stuff is made from plastic......with no price incrase because of "oil" im not buying that a company thats been making toys before you were born, is having money troubles! for Chrst's sake...they have almost every license that counts(SW, INDY, GI, ML, TRANS)

you havent seen the prices for the movie masters, have you?

also, the price of all of those is going up, but people seem to care less (and notice less) because, theoretically, they only need to buy one, instead of six or so MLs per wave.

its not having money troubles, because its being smart. (most) buyers understand this, and they cant really do anything about it, unless we want to drill more oil. ive been saying for a while now that companies should be using non-oil based plastics.