I dont want to start a fight, but...

TomTom

and we dont even get a cool comic with all the marvel legends adds inside like with toy biz. not even a little stand to go with it.

toybiz got the comics for free, being an in-house brand of marvel and all. hasbro would have to pay, which would drive up the costs even further, which i think is the opposite of what we want done (i wouldnt mind seeing some of those cardboard back drops, however).

you act as if marvel doesnt make any money off the figs. if hasbro wants them to print up some comics...it can happen. as far a plastic being made from oil.....who cares! dcuc aint going up...dvd players, xboxes, PS's, toothbrushes and a crap load of other stuff is made from plastic......with no price incrase because of "oil" im not buying that a company thats been making toys before you were born, is having money troubles! for Chrst's sake...they have almost every license that counts(SW, INDY, GI, ML, TRANS)

you havent seen the prices for the movie masters, have you?

also, the price of all of those is going up, but people seem to care less (and notice less) because, theoretically, they only need to buy one, instead of six or so MLs per wave.

its not having money troubles, because its being smart. (most) buyers understand this, and they cant really do anything about it, unless we want to drill more oil. ive been saying for a while now that companies should be using non-oil based plastics.

1st...i own all of the movie masters( u should visit the DC boards) 2nd.....its not that people dont care, they just dont have a choice. as far as dcuc going up...some places theyre 12.00 and some 10.00 i just seen a bunch of wave 2 for 12.00. i think that its kinda silly to make a comment saying " they ony need to buy 1, instead of 6 or so ML's per wave" when you need six or more to make the BAFs. things go up...i understand this. but when your cost of production is like 1.50, 10.00 is enough. you guys can make up all the excusses that you want....but the consumer pays for everything from the gas for the trucks, to the upkeep of the machines. hasbro orders soooo much material, they are getting it virtually for free.

1st...i own all of the movie masters( u should visit the DC boards) 2nd.....its not that people dont care, they just dont have a choice. as far as dcuc going up...some places theyre 12.00 and some 10.00 i just seen a bunch of wave 2 for 12.00. i think that its kinda silly to make a comment saying " they ony need to buy 1, instead of 6 or so ML's per wave" when you need six or more to make the BAFs. things go up...i understand this. but when your cost of production is like 1.50, 10.00 is enough. you guys can make up all the excusses that you want....but the consumer pays for everything from the gas for the trucks, to the upkeep of the machines. hasbro orders soooo much material, they are getting it virtually for free.

Uh...Pooda? That's how businesses are supposed to work. If Hasbro weren't compensating for every expense they have in the production and shipping process, they'd be manufacturing themselves right out of business. If they weren't making a healthy profit on the toys, they wouldn't have any capital to make new products (outside the lines they already have). I don't know where people get this deluded notion that toy companies are supposed to be non-profit organizations or something, but it really needs to stop.

That's not even mentioning the point where the retailers get a healthy cut of the profits, too. That $14.99 you pay for a Wendigo figure isn't all going into Hasbro's pocket, it's divided up between the retailer, Hasbro, and Marvel. Heck, technically none of it's going to Hasbro....Hasbro gets its' money when the retailers buy the case from them. Those retailers aren't paying $14.99 a case for those figures either, they're getting them at wholesale prices. That's why Target or Wal-Mart can afford to sell them for $14.99 or $15.99, but your local comic shop has to charge $19.99 or $24.99, because they don't get the wholesale discount when they order cases.

Uh...Pooda? That's how businesses are supposed to work. If Hasbro weren't compensating for every expense they have in the production and shipping process, they'd be manufacturing themselves right out of business. If they weren't making a healthy profit on the toys, they wouldn't have any capital to make new products (outside the lines they already have). I don't know where people get this deluded notion that toy companies are supposed to be non-profit organizations or something, but it really needs to stop.

That's not even mentioning the point where the retailers get a healthy cut of the profits, too. That $14.99 you pay for a Wendigo figure isn't all going into Hasbro's pocket, it's divided up between the retailer, Hasbro, and Marvel. Heck, technically none of it's going to Hasbro....Hasbro gets its' money when the retailers buy the case from them. Those retailers aren't paying $14.99 a case for those figures either, they're getting them at wholesale prices. That's why Target or Wal-Mart can afford to sell them for $14.99 or $15.99, but your local comic shop has to charge $19.99 or $24.99, because they don't get the wholesale discount when they order cases.

what im saying is....or should of said, is this...i dont wanna pay more, just because hasbro's profits shrink .2% someone mentioned that the articulation is coming back. if it does, then i can take the price a little better.(ive only seen it on remade TB MLs) but i just dont see what makes hasbro's figs worth what theyre trying to charge. i dont have a problem paying 15.00 for a fig....i do it alot. but theyre still adult quality figs! i dont mind paying 15.00 for a fig like Mr. Wink from HB2(have u seen that thing) or a Mc Farlane fig...but a HML....a child based(now) figure....just doesnt sit with me. i payed the 12.00 for the movie masters(only adult based 6" movie fig) but you can see where your money went once you pop the blister. i havent been excited about a marvel legend since the last TB wave. but i cant argue with you on your business point......tu shae.

I could care less about the comics, but I'm old, I read many of them when they were first out. ;)

The stands were OK, but I rarely used them. I'd rather get cool BAFs than stands, if given the choice.

And once again: If Hasbro's profits shrink even .2 percent, that's bad for the company. It's not just Marvel toys that are undergoing this shift, either. It's all their toy lines, from the sound of it. It's just the way business works, and the way it always will work. You try to maximize your profits, not cutting them down just so some message board posters feel better.

Plus, wasn't it verified that the $15.99 Hulk Legends were only for that particular line and "regular" Marvel Legends wouldn't be going up by that much?

I could care less about the comics, but I'm old, I read many of them when they were first out. ;)

The stands were OK, but I rarely used them. I'd rather get cool BAFs than stands, if given the choice.

And once again: If Hasbro's profits shrink even .2 percent, that's bad for the company. It's not just Marvel toys that are undergoing this shift, either. It's all their toy lines, from the sound of it. It's just the way business works, and the way it always will work. You try to maximize your profits, not cutting them down just so some message board posters feel better.

Plus, wasn't it verified that the $15.99 Hulk Legends were only for that particular line and "regular" Marvel Legends wouldn't be going up by that much?

i understand. but us message board posters buy their products.(i still think theyre trying to play catch up for the waves they lost money on) anyway...i thought that the hulk wave was the only one, but a mid single digit sounds like a 5 to me. if im wrong, ill accept it and eat the sh*t ive thrown out.

I was under the impression that "mid single digits" was in regards to what pricepoint was going up, not how much everything was going up. I really doubt that Star Wars figures are going to be going for $11.99 on September 1st.

The article also doesn't specify what "unit" they're talking about. They don't say "per figure" or "per item." If they are talking a "mid single digit" raise in the price of a wholesale case (which is most likely, since that's what Hasbro actually sells to the retailer), for example, that's not very much. Yeah, it'll raise prices for the individual items, but certainly not $5 apiece.

Remember, Hasbro doesn't set the price of individual items. Just the price of the case they sell to the retailer.

I was under the impression that "mid single digits" was in regards to what pricepoint was going up, not how much everything was going up. I really doubt that Star Wars figures are going to be going for $11.99 on September 1st.

The article also doesn't specify what "unit" they're talking about. They don't say "per figure" or "per item." If they are talking a "mid single digit" raise in the price of a wholesale case (which is most likely, since that's what Hasbro actually sells to the retailer), for example, that's not very much. Yeah, it'll raise prices for the individual items, but certainly not $5 apiece.

Remember, Hasbro doesn't set the price of individual items. Just the price of the case they sell to the retailer.

true....in some cases. when i worked at the finish line, the store bought air jordans fo 66.00 a pop from nike..but they also are the ones who set the 130.00 price tag as well. like i said....if im wrong...that would be great! i hope i am. oh, i didnt mean every fig hasbro makes will go up 5.00. just MLs and trans.

true....in some cases. when i worked at the finish line, the store bought air jordans fo 66.00 a pop from nike..but they also are the ones who set the 130.00 price tag as well. like i said....if im wrong...that would be great! i hope i am. oh, i didnt mean every fig hasbro makes will go up 5.00. just MLs and trans.

I'm quite certain that's not the case with Hasbro, and in fact they've mentioned it several times that the retailers set the price. That's why it's called the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price." The retailer can adhere to or ignore it as they see fit. Now I know there are some manufacturers that do in fact put certain restrictions on the selling price and even how often/if you can put their items on sale, but I think that's pretty rare (I know Apple does this with all their products, and it makes sense that Nike would probably do it with the Air Jordans), but I'm pretty sure the toy industry isn't really one of them.

And why would you think only ML and Transformers would go up? The article just says "toys." Transformers I could see, as they're famously expensive to make + they have a HUGE collector base (probably second only to Star Wars). ML just...isn't popular enough to "bank" on just yet. That's not to say it's unpopular, just that compared to Hasbro's more "marquee" lines it's clearly been a second-class citizen thus far.

I'm quite certain that's not the case with Hasbro, and in fact they've mentioned it several times that the retailers set the price. That's why it's called the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price." The retailer can adhere to or ignore it as they see fit. Now I know there are some manufacturers that do in fact put certain restrictions on the selling price and even how often/if you can put their items on sale, but I think that's pretty rare (I know Apple does this with all their products, and it makes sense that Nike would probably do it with the Air Jordans), but I'm pretty sure the toy industry isn't really one of them.

And why would you think only ML and Transformers would go up? The article just says "toys." Transformers I could see, as they're famously expensive to make + they have a HUGE collector base (probably second only to Star Wars). ML just...isn't popular enough to "bank" on just yet. That's not to say it's unpopular, just that compared to Hasbro's more "marquee" lines it's clearly been a second-class citizen thus far.

not only MLs and Trans figs....all figs would go up., im just saying that i can see those 2 going up the extra 5.00