A few questions I want someone to ask tomorrow at the Habro panel.

If it wont trouble anyone, can someone ask these questions for me at tommorow's Marvel Panel?

1. Will there be a "Scarlet Spider" variant for the Ben Reilly Spider-Man?

2. Is Venom III's tail removable?

3. Will we see character variants in 2 packs?

4. Will Hasbro be showing any 6 inch products for the 2009 line-up?

5. Will the store exclusive waves continue?

I've got a question for someone to ask:

WHEN THE #$## WILL WE SEE ANY NEW HASBRO PRODUCT IN CANADA?!?!

...that's all.

First off i don't know if many of you know this but hasbro US and hasbro Canada even though they are technically the same companie operate seperately,in other words each does its own thing.

What i heard trough the grape vine is that here in Canada ,because the big chains ie: Zellers,walmart and TRU didn't order any of the legends since wave 1 because nothing sold, hasbro Canada isn't bringing any legends into Canada period. The only things that come in are the movie lines and the spiderman heroes & vilains line because those sell well.

I know my lcs got so pissed with hasbro Canada,cause he can't get anything from them that he cancelled his account and now deals with a US distributor directly to get his stuff.

My suggestion to my felow Canadians,try and get your lcs to do the same. If hasbro keeps loosing accounts maybe they'll wake up and smell the coffee.

Oh, and another question I have> Is the BAFs really done or just done for 2008 and what can we do as collectors to ensure that they continue? I would hate for Hasbro to lose a lot of profit to Mattell since it seems that they are going full force with their BAF.

Hasbro isn't "losing profit" to Mattel. Let's get rid of that delusion straight away. Most people that like DC were already buying DCUC, and many of them were also buying Marvel Legends...it's not necessarily an "either/or" proposition. Build-A-Figures aren't a selling point for the line if you don't like the characters they're selling in the first place. Or are you saying you buy build-a-figures just because you like build-a-figures? In that case Hasbro's getting your money with the Star Wars build-a-droids, right?

You can't "lose profit" on a line you aren't producing, anyway. Besides, if HMLs with build-a-figures were such a huge success/profit builder for Hasbro....they wouldn't be setting the concept aside in the first place.

Oh, and another question I have> Is the BAFs really done or just done for 2008 and what can we do as collectors to ensure that they continue? I would hate for Hasbro to lose a lot of profit to Mattell since it seems that they are going full force with their BAF.

Hasbro isn't "losing profit" to Mattel. Let's get rid of that delusion straight away. Most people that like DC were already buying DCUC, and many of them were also buying Marvel Legends...it's not necessarily an "either/or" proposition. Build-A-Figures aren't a selling point for the line if you don't like the characters they're selling in the first place. Or are you saying you buy build-a-figures just because you like build-a-figures? In that case Hasbro's getting your money with the Star Wars build-a-droids, right?

You can't "lose profit" on a line you aren't producing, anyway. Besides, if HMLs with build-a-figures were such a huge success/profit builder for Hasbro....they wouldn't be setting the concept aside in the first place.

BaFs do help sell figs that wouldnt be bought on a normal basis though. i could of cared less about x3 beast, x3 jean grey, x3 juggy, x3 colossus, banshee, or many others. but i bought them anyway to build the fig.....traded them after...still bought them though. im not saying that this is the case with everyone, but having BaFs helped.(a really good baf character will have people buying garbage to get it) i think that they wanted the ML line to do starwars, or transformer numbers....dont see that happening.

BaFs do help sell figs that wouldnt be bought on a normal basis though. i could of cared less about x3 beast, x3 jean grey, x3 juggy, x3 colossus, banshee, or many others. but i bought them anyway to build the fig.....traded them after...still bought them though. im not saying that this is the case with everyone, but having BaFs helped.(a really good baf character will have people buying garbage to get it) i think that they wanted the ML line to do starwars, or transformer numbers....dont see that happening.

Yes, you're absolutely right that BAFs help sell figures within a line (your X3 examples are spot-on). But if the line isn't really being produced at all, then there's really no reason to worry about the build-a-figures, is what I'm saying. That, and the build-a-figures aren't the "main" selling point of the line. It's the brand name (Marvel or DC). If you don't like Marvel or DC to begin with, you won't be buying those lines at all, in other words.

Yes, Hasbro wanted ML to do Star Wars or Transformers numbers (as they want all their lines to do), but I don't know that that was the expectation. It's not so much the "hopes" that are important as the expectations. HML clearly didn't meet Hasbro (or more likely the retailers) expectations. Reading between the lines...after the first 3 HML series, retailers were backing off, and Hasbro had to switch to the "Exclusives" or "Media Tie In" model just to get single carded figures on the shelves.

Yes, you're absolutely right that BAFs help sell figures within a line (your X3 examples are spot-on). But if the line isn't really being produced at all, then there's really no reason to worry about the build-a-figures, is what I'm saying. That, and the build-a-figures aren't the "main" selling point of the line. It's the brand name (Marvel or DC). If you don't like Marvel or DC to begin with, you won't be buying those lines at all, in other words.

Yes, Hasbro wanted ML to do Star Wars or Transformers numbers (as they want all their lines to do), but I don't know that that was the expectation. It's not so much the "hopes" that are important as the expectations. HML clearly didn't meet Hasbro (or more likely the retailers) expectations. Reading between the lines...after the first 3 HML series, retailers were backing off, and Hasbro had to switch to the "Exclusives" or "Media Tie In" model just to get single carded figures on the shelves.

yeah...but that was due to hasbro's poor figs. it wasnt that people didnt want MLs, they were just soooo much different than TB's. but i understand you fully.

yeah...but that was due to hasbro's poor figs. it wasnt that people didnt want MLs, they were just soooo much different than TB's. but i understand you fully.

Yep, Hasbro's two big flaws were too much product change, and too much production. While I'm sure Hasbro's internal QC rules are part of what prompted the articulation decrease, a simple paint wash wouldn't be beyond their capability, and probably would have gone a long way towards greater acceptance from the Toy Biz fans...(at least the figures would have looked more similar side-by-side).

I do like some of Hasbro's Marvel Legends and I think they made some good characters that we hadn't seen yet, and that overall the figures were of sturdier construction and had better quality-control. But not all the changes were for the better.

Still, Hasbro does learn, if slowly. The two-packs and upcoming waves are looking pretty decent.

Yep, Hasbro's two big flaws were too much product change, and too much production. While I'm sure Hasbro's internal QC rules are part of what prompted the articulation decrease, a simple paint wash wouldn't be beyond their capability, and probably would have gone a long way towards greater acceptance from the Toy Biz fans...(at least the figures would have looked more similar side-by-side).

I do like some of Hasbro's Marvel Legends and I think they made some good characters that we hadn't seen yet, and that overall the figures were of sturdier construction and had better quality-control. But not all the changes were for the better.

Still, Hasbro does learn, if slowly. The two-packs and upcoming waves are looking pretty decent.

yeah...but as soon as i started havin some hope for hasbro, they throw a curve with the B.S.