Hasbro Lies...

JohnnyRebelV2

In a recent Q&A Hasbro stated that there will be three BAF waves in 2009. Now they are saying there will be none and it's been cancelled and only the two packs will bear the ML baner. Red Hulk, Ares and Holocaust are the final BAF, no more after that.

The question remains this Q&A is from the past month so how could should a big change take place so quick or did Hasbro just lie? Lie? LIE!!!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they always lie. there are no new plans for the 3 insh line. now we know how that turned out. it prooves once again that hasbros q&a's are worth nothing.

For cripes sake....re-read the Q&A. They never said there were "no plans" for the 3 3/4" line. They said "We have no news."

That IS a difference, and it's also technically not a lie. They didn't have any news they wanted to/were allowed to share at that moment. They never once in any recent Q&A said that there wasn't a 3 3/4" line in the works. They just basically played word-games to get out of giving any information.

Uh....the simple answer is probably that they meant to type 2008 instead of 2009.

No they meant 2009! They said one of the three new waves would be shown at SDCC. They didn't say the FINAL wave would be shown, but that what has happened.

Really? Are you Professor Xavier who can read the Hasbro guys' mind?

No but I can read words on screen and they said what they said. It's possible the Hasbro rep was a rampaging retard and had no idea at all of what was going on but he said THREE NEW BAF WAVES IN 2009. That Q&A was THIS month. He didn't say there will be one new BAF in addition to the other two you've know about for a hell of a long time and it will be coming in 2008. Whats NEW about the Holocaust wave? We've known about it for a full year.

they always lie. there are no new plans for the 3 insh line. now we know how that turned out. it prooves once again that hasbros q&a's are worth nothing.

For cripes sake....re-read the Q&A. They never said there were "no plans" for the 3 3/4" line. They said "We have no news."

That IS a difference, and it's also technically not a lie. They didn't have any news they wanted to/were allowed to share at that moment. They never once in any recent Q&A said that there wasn't a 3 3/4" line in the works. They just basically played word-games to get out of giving any information.

yes technically it is no lie. ok they didnt had any news but they dont confirm it either. wordgames yeah sure. in the end the q&a's still are worseless when they play mindgames all the time. i mean i understand that they dont wanna share everything like character selection but come on. every question they answer is

we are looking into it

no news

no plans

cant answer this or that

you will see.

put "no comment" on every question and there will be no confusion. it is the same in the end. peaple will always speculate about stuff.

In a recent Q&A Hasbro stated that there will be three BAF waves in 2009. Now they are saying there will be none and it's been cancelled and only the two packs will bear the ML baner. Red Hulk, Ares and Holocaust are the final BAF, no more after that.

The question remains this Q&A is from the past month so how could should a big change take place so quick or did Hasbro just lie? Lie? LIE!!!!!!!!

Uuummmm. They said 3 in 2008 and 10 2-packs. Sounds like they pulled that off. They made no announcement on 2009 in that statement a few weeks back.

GEEK

No but I can read words on screen and they said what they said. It's possible the Hasbro rep was a rampaging retard and had no idea at all of what was going on but he said THREE NEW BAF WAVES IN 2009. That Q&A was THIS month. He didn't say there will be one new BAF in addition to the other two you've know about for a hell of a long time and it will be coming in 2008. Whats NEW about the Holocaust wave? We've known about it for a full year.

Apparently you can't. Here's what it says

"If you look at the pipeline, there are three different BAF waves and 10 different

2 packs planned between now and December."

It's still in the freakin' archives. Chill out.

GEEK

"If you look at the pipeline, there are three different BAF waves and 10 different

GEEK

The Q&A wasn't with this site you goofball.

GEEK

The Q&A wasn't with this site you goofball.

Wasn't??? Go look. July 2nd Hasbro Q&A. Go check the Hasbro press release too.

Goof Ball with proof.

GEEK

I was at the Hasbro panel today and learned some very interesting things.

1) the 3 3/4 line IS DEFINATELY coming out. They showed us the first batch of them and will have prototypes available to see on Saturday. About 20-30 in the first batch alone! No one we haven't seen in Marvel Legends already.

2) They are so pumped up on this line that is sounds like 6" legends might go bye bye. It left me with a bad feeling after the panel that us 6" collectors were gonna get hosed. They specifically said " dont just get stuck thinking about this line. Think about how cool it will be to use Indiana Jones playsets and Star Wars sets for your 3 3/4 toys to fight on. Think of the possibilities here. We can bring you so much more of the marvel universe at a better price point, and quicker then ever before!"

3) For Legends they said that the Ares wave snuck under the radar with everyone. It will be a Walmart exclusive wave early next year and I quote "It will be the last BAF wave for now". This did not mean they hadn't decided to get rid of it, more along the lines of typical Hasbro bs of not telling us what ideas they had. Why Ares needs a BAF anyways is beyond me.

4) on a side note I hope you guys are collecting the DC Universe stuff. The stuff Mattel showed is going to blow away the Legends product! Not only are they keeping their price point down, they are adding 2 more figures to each wave for a total of 7 per wave and will have 5 or 6 with the connect pieces. The last figure will not have a connect piece but will have a diorama/base and will only come with the A List JLA person of that wave. Really, Really cool stuff. They also said, they will only make the stuff that us, the collector wants. It sounded to me like they understood and got that we really drive this market and Hasbro didn't have a clue.

5) The Hasbro team bitched at the Q &A that they heard enough complaints about to many spidermans, Wolverines, etc and that they would shy away from them, even tho they as collectors wanted them. Our best hope is this kid named Dave Vonner. He understood and "gets it" when it comes to us. He is the one putting all the 3 3/4 stuff together and could really help us with the Legends stuff.

Anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. I will do my best to answer what I may have seen or heard.

I was at the Hasbro panel today and learned some very interesting things.

3) For Legends they said that the Ares wave snuck under the radar with everyone. It will be a Walmart exclusive wave early next year and I quote "It will be the last BAF wave for now". This did not mean they hadn't decided to get rid of it, more along the lines of typical Hasbro bs of not telling us what ideas they had. Why Ares needs a BAF anyways is beyond me.

You are sure they said early next year, right? Not what the placards say(Sept '08). I'm really hoping they don't flood the market...