Hasbro Lies...

JohnnyRebelV2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the comment from the Hasbro guy was "done for now". And as someone else stated, it seems they are going to push 2 packs over waves. It almost seems they want the line to fail. I was not impressed with any of the people on the panel. None of them but Mr. Vonner seemed to care about what us the collector wanted. Sure they stated that they were fans, and read all the comics, but when they were announcing stuff they thought everyone would like, hardly anyone said "Cool" or "wow" with the exception of the 3 3/4 stuff. They showed those silly legend transformers and some people laughed! And these bozos seemed to think that is what we, the consumer want! Terrible, terrible, terrible. They had no real idea what we want and seem to care less, just gonna do it there way. The rest of you guys at that panel, didnt you get the same impression from them? And by the way, I was the guy wearing the Zombies T-shirt and when they said we will get to some new cosmic legends, I shouted out "Gladiator". Gotta try to get my boy hooked up before it is to late. As for me, if they cancel legends they can kiss my money good bye, I will not be making the switch over except to give every penny over to the Mattel product. Those people wanted to listen and made stuff that us, the fans requested! They had a 9" C&C Atom Smasher show cased that was a fan request and they stated "Please keep making request and we will keep fulfilling them. We want this to be successful through you guys". Now that is a great marketing team!

They actually showed the card that says this year. However knowing Hasbro and how long it takes them to do anything I am saying 2009. I don't see how Hasbro would be able to supply 2 different lines to walmart, a line to Target, and 2 packs all over in a 4 month span. It just doesn't hold true to the consistentcy of their shipping programs. Now if they did, it would be very suprising indeed.

Once again the comment from the Hasbro guy was "done for now". And as someone else stated, it seems they are going to push 2 packs over waves. It almost seems they want the line to fail. I was not impressed with any of the people on the panel. None of them but Mr. Vonner seemed to care about what us the collector wanted. Sure they stated that they were fans, and read all the comics, but when they were announcing stuff they thought everyone would like, hardly anyone said "Cool" or "wow" with the exception of the 3 3/4 stuff. They showed those silly legend transformers and some people laughed! And these bozos seemed to think that is what we, the consumer want! Terrible, terrible, terrible. They had no real idea what we want and seem to care less, just gonna do it there way. The rest of you guys at that panel, didnt you get the same impression from them? And by the way, I was the guy wearing the Zombies T-shirt and when they said we will get to some new cosmic legends, I shouted out "Gladiator". Gotta try to get my boy hooked up before it is to late. As for me, if they cancel legends they can kiss my money good bye, I will not be making the switch over except to give every penny over to the Mattel product. Those people wanted to listen and made stuff that us, the fans requested! They had a 9" C&C Atom Smasher show cased that was a fan request and they stated "Please keep making request and we will keep fulfilling them. We want this to be successful through you guys". Now that is a great marketing team!

that was you? i was the kid who turned around in front of you and said ya i asked a couple questions too lol

I was there too, I was very disappointed at this panel. I think they [Hasbro] were the only ones that were excited there, with their stupid nick fury eye patches. When they were asked about international shipping one of the Hasbro guys leans up to his mic and says "why don't you move!?" it was not cool even the main Hasbro guy said "I need a button here that gives me control over these mics" awkward moment and I'm sure the guy who asked felt stupid when they suggested he should befriend somebody there at comic-con to help him out in getting the figures to him. They then gave the generic "we are working on getting these out internationally" answer. Very few were impressed with what they showed.

deadpooliscool; were you the kid asking me to sell you a savage land set on the floor?

I was there too, I was very disappointed at this panel. I think they [Hasbro] were the only ones that were excited there, with their stupid nick fury eye patches. When they were asked about international shipping one of the Hasbro guys leans up to his mic and says "why don't you move!?" it was not cool even the main Hasbro guy said "I need a button here that gives me control over these mics" awkward moment and I'm sure the guy who asked felt stupid when they suggested he should befriend somebody there at comic-con to help him out in getting the figures to him. They then gave the generic "we are working on getting these out internationally" answer. Very few were impressed with what they showed.

deadpooliscool; were you the kid asking me to sell you a savage land set on the floor?

wow i knew that hasbro was selfish but racist too? man a chance i wasnt at the con. if i would be there he would not have got off with such a lame answer. they will never care for internationel buyers. this just prooves it. there is the big lie. we try and we are looking in to it. they never managed to do anything for the legends fans. screw you hasbro you racist bastards.

wow i knew that hasbro was selfish but racist too? man a chance i wasnt at the con. if i would be there he would not have got off with such a lame answer. they will never care for internationel buyers. this just prooves it. there is the big lie. we try and we are looking in to it. they never managed to do anything for the legends fans. screw you hasbro you racist bastards.

What the heck are you talking about? There's absolutely nothing "racist" about what Hasbro said there. Is it kind of rude? Sure. Racist? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

But that's OK if you all feel so personally insulted by Hasbro...more 3 3/4" figures for me to buy. (Yeah, I'd like 'em to continue the 6" line, too, but Hasbro doesn't owe me, you, or anybody except their stockholders a darn thing.)

Why in the world would they stop doing Build a Figure Legends? I love those.

Am I the only one that isn't excited about the 3 inch figures? I like the normal sizes.

A: Probably due to the fact that they aren't getting a very good return on their investment. Between the rising fuel costs, which affects the price of plastic as well as the costs of transportation, they'd probably have to keep raising the prices of the 6" line to justify them making it to shelves at all. With the 3 3/4" line they can ship a lot more product at the same volume/weight, so they're getting more "bang" for their buck.

B: Clearly from some of the people that are acting like Hasbro kicked their dogs and slapped their mothers, you're not the only one that isn't excited about this line.

Am I the only one that isn't excited about the 3 inch figures? I like the normal sizes.

No, you're not the only one, but it seems like far fewer people are upset about this as I thought there would be. I was hoping there would be a bigger uproar from collectors, but most of them seemed quite stoked about this line. There's alreay like, three topics about them on Fwoosh with everyone trumpeting their joy about them.

And what's worse, is that I can't fault them or Hasbro. I know this line makes better business sense for Hasbro (cheaper figures, more appeal to kids and casual buyers, more characters they can make, a scale that they're good at, etc.). And the smaller figures look terrific, and I understand many people want Marvel characters in a smaller scale, despite my griping yesterday.

I have a feeling these are going to do well. The amount of business they'll get from kids/parents and casual buyers will likely far outnumber the business they lose from collectors, especially since they'll only be losing some collectors (it sounds like there are still a great many collectors who are planning on buying this line along with ML, or ditching their entire ML collection to focus on them). And even those who are saying "6 inch figs or nothing"...I'm sure many of them will be won over once MLs stop coming out and they've got nothing else to buy.

It's not that I want the smaller line to tank, it's just that I don't want it to succeed at the expense of MLs, and from the sound of things at the Hasbro panel, they really don't give a damn about MLs or their collectors...so MLs are likely finished, and no one will suffer from this but a small handful of collectors who truly want 6 inch and only 6 inch.

Heck, even many of those who do only want 6 inch still have DC figures to fall back on...but I am completely bored by the DC Universe and have never wanted any of their toys. As far as the smaller scale...there are like, 3 GI Joe characters probably 2 Star Wars characters I care about, and that's it. Meanwhile, I've got figures from lots of other 6 inch lines that are compatable with my MLs (heck, even my video game figures are compatable with them. The proportions may be off, but at least they don't tower over them like they would with a smaller scale). I'm actually quite jealous of the DC collectors, as it sounds like Mattel is on their side and is going to give them good product. I wish Hasbro could do the same for us. I've already watched them ruin the My Little Pony Line for collectors, and now this.

Okay yeah, that's a lot of doom and gloom, but I've been thinking about this a lot and that's the only way I really see things going. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think I will be. I feel like my favorite toyline is ending, there's nothing I can do about it, I don't even have any real right to complain about it, and no one cares.

That said, if they make a 3 3/4'' Carnage figure, I'll buy it. But the rest I'm not touching with a 10 foot pole.

*hops in the back of the Waaaaaaambulance and drives off* :tongue:

ya, lol that was you??? i ended up getting it yesterday, sorry bout that, i was also the kid that aked if the will re-release thing like galactus and sentinel as BAFs for the 3 3/4 line, and asked why there was no deadpool

What the heck are you talking about? There's absolutely nothing "racist" about what Hasbro said there. Is it kind of rude? Sure. Racist? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

But that's OK if you all feel so personally insulted by Hasbro...more 3 3/4" figures for me to buy. (Yeah, I'd like 'em to continue the 6" line, too, but Hasbro doesn't owe me, you, or anybody except their stockholders a darn thing.)

realy i dont give a something what hasbro says. they are messing with marvel legends fans since day 1. this is my opinion. how i see things. what hasbro said was pretty rude, for my taste. racist or not, thats something that can be talked for hours, where this line is crossed. maybe i went to far but maybe not. everybody can decide for themself where he stands and how they feel about it.

how would you feel when i was the guy who does marvel figures and you cant get them because i dont deliver to your country? and all of any responses i could give is: you can move here. it sounds to me like: i dont give a #$@# about the rest of the world. i mean the responses werent good after he said that or am i wrong? i mean they even proove that they dont care because for 2 years they say: we are looking into that and still no figs anywhere. but funny thing, every movie fig came out around here. how is that possible?

by the way, i dont even care for the tiny figs. i just want the spidey related figs. you can get them all :wink: :wink: :wink: if you can find them. funny, but i have a great feeling that those 3 3/4 figures will be everywhere around everywhere.

who says they need to own me. they do whatever they want but even you have to admit that so many fans told them what to do and they didnt listen. thousands of guys screamed when hasbro got the license that it will end soon. look where we are? pretty sad no? they ask questions what we wanna see and they do what they want. so why bother asking questions? to calmdown the crowd? marvel legends was so often nominated as the line of the year and hasbro blew it. this is not a hasbro bashing thing because i have a lot of star wars, indiana jones figs from them and i love them. hasbro is great in the small area. realy no complaints there. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I was at the Hasbro panel today and learned some very interesting things.

1) the 3 3/4 line IS DEFINATELY coming out. They showed us the first batch of them and will have prototypes available to see on Saturday. About 20-30 in the first batch alone! No one we haven't seen in Marvel Legends already.

2) They are so pumped up on this line that is sounds like 6" legends might go bye bye. It left me with a bad feeling after the panel that us 6" collectors were gonna get hosed. They specifically said " dont just get stuck thinking about this line. Think about how cool it will be to use Indiana Jones playsets and Star Wars sets for your 3 3/4 toys to fight on. Think of the possibilities here. We can bring you so much more of the marvel universe at a better price point, and quicker then ever before!"

3) For Legends they said that the Ares wave snuck under the radar with everyone. It will be a Walmart exclusive wave early next year and I quote "It will be the last BAF wave for now". This did not mean they hadn't decided to get rid of it, more along the lines of typical Hasbro bs of not telling us what ideas they had. Why Ares needs a BAF anyways is beyond me.

4) on a side note I hope you guys are collecting the DC Universe stuff. The stuff Mattel showed is going to blow away the Legends product! Not only are they keeping their price point down, they are adding 2 more figures to each wave for a total of 7 per wave and will have 5 or 6 with the connect pieces. The last figure will not have a connect piece but will have a diorama/base and will only come with the A List JLA person of that wave. Really, Really cool stuff. They also said, they will only make the stuff that us, the collector wants. It sounded to me like they understood and got that we really drive this market and Hasbro didn't have a clue.

5) The Hasbro team bitched at the Q &A that they heard enough complaints about to many spidermans, Wolverines, etc and that they would shy away from them, even tho they as collectors wanted them. Our best hope is this kid named Dave Vonner. He understood and "gets it" when it comes to us. He is the one putting all the 3 3/4 stuff together and could really help us with the Legends stuff.

Anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. I will do my best to answer what I may have seen or heard.

I can trade you.

Box set Savage Land for : IM Gold Var.

Lobo for Movie Pun.

Let me Know.

I was at the panel. Severely dissappointed.

The first guy to ask a "question" was obviously a plant. They opened up the floor to "questions" and didn't bother with a line to the microphone, but instead pointed at one guy up towards the front, who blurted out a 3 3/4" question which allowed them to segue into their pitch. After a lackluster response from the audience ( and seriously, you ten guys who clapped and cheered? Thanks for validating Hasbro into making this line. Apparently when they said fans have been clamoring for these, they meant the GIJOE and Star Wars fans on THEIR message boards).

The first inevitable question was the fate of the ML line. "Well, the Legends line has a great run with some great figures, but as collectors request more and more obscure figures like that eith X-Men character, it's becoming difficult to keep fans happy. But we are looking at different avenues to try to keep these coming to you." The classic brush off answer. I would have loved to hear the guy immediately follow up with "That was no kind of answer. How many WAVES are you making in 2009?"

All the other questions concerning ML, including footpegs and more cosmic characters, etc all got deflected into being about the new tiny line. The questioners should have more carefully phrased their question to be SPECIFICALLY about ML or, pre-phrased the question as to brush off the tiny line like so, "Enough about your little side project up there, it looks..quaint. But, really, what are we going to see next year in the 6" line?"

All in all, severely dissappointed.

What makes it the worst, is that those figures in the Ares wave and the new two packs look GREAT in person. A final little middle finger for all us Legends fans.

I agree with Rollo. Many people didn't think the 3 3/4 toys were that great. In fact, the hasbro team thought it was the best thing since toilet paper. They really impressed me with a comment of just how lazy they really were when they said for you to go buy other playsets to use for your marvel legends. Now I understand that they think they will sell more Indiana Jones toys if they can get you to think your Marvel Universe will look cool on them. What they didn't say was we are gonna support this line full til with playsets and vehicles, etc. I think Legends has a shot at sticking aroundd, although be it a slim one. The first half of next year will determine it. I think Hasbro has some figures under lock n key for the eventuallity of this 3 3/4 line doing bad and would unleash them around San Diego Con Next year. I honestly predict this line will flop.

NO ONE wanted this line when Toybix made it, no one will want it when Hasbro makes it. The only plus Hasbro has is that Mattel is showcaseing the same size line which could help them. Otherwise 3 3/4 is just a turd waiting to be flushed.

What makes me think Hasbro has some legends up their sleeves? Well notice the stupid Ares wave is giving us, another spiderman, another human torch, Vision? (not on anyones request list), Ultimate War Machine(Huh?), and a very cool Ironman. The last figures give me hope that this line can still be around. Kang was much requested by many of you, more so then any other figure I have seen on the boards. Secondly, Guardian, can't be made without the rest of Alpha Flight. Now if that is in 2 pack form for the rest of them, then so be it, but I think they have something in store for our Maple leaf friends. And lastly Crossbones, another big requested character. Now everyone in this line appears to be simple redos and repaints, but hell I don't mind if they look how they are suppossed to. What do you guys think?

What makes me think Hasbro has some legends up their sleeves? Well notice the stupid Ares wave is giving us, another spiderman, another human torch, Vision? (not on anyones request list), Ultimate War Machine(Huh?), and a very cool Ironman. The last figures give me hope that this line can still be around. Kang was much requested by many of you, more so then any other figure I have seen on the boards. Secondly, Guardian, can't be made without the rest of Alpha Flight. Now if that is in 2 pack form for the rest of them, then so be it, but I think they have something in store for our Maple leaf friends. And lastly Crossbones, another big requested character. Now everyone in this line appears to be simple redos and repaints, but hell I don't mind if they look how they are suppossed to. What do you guys think?

Well, as you said, the Ares wave is mostly repaints. On the other hand, they look impressive. Even the lackluster Vision figure has some good points- I like the collar on the cape a lot more than the TB version, and no silly cuts in the middle of his bootline.

I think ML for the foreseeable future will continue to be repaints, head swaps, and the like... on the other hand, that's often what Hasbro excels at. Look at Transformers for the last 10 years or so and you'll find ample proof.

I dunno. I don't think Hasbro will let ML die entirely without some sort of substitute Marvel presence left on the shelves, but I also don't see them using 'life support' for too long, especially if the smaller line ends up as anything that can be called a success. Exclusive and internet-only lines generally don't bring in the numbers they would like either. I think the best hope is that the small line completely tanks and Hasbro does a 180, or that the miraculously find it in them to see that the two lines can co-exist, and most importantly to them, be profitable.

Hey geniuses, Hasbro already knows two lines can co-exist. They've been doing it with other properties for years now. Heck, they've even been doing it with Marvel (Superhero Squad, anybody?). Hasbro isn't the problem. Retailers are the problem...they're the ones that tend not to want "more than one line" on the shelves at once. They also really didn't like all those leftovers of HML 1 and 2 that had to be clearanced out. The "hibernation" of 6" Marvel Legends probably has less to do with Hasbro's plans and more to do with Wal-Mart and Target saying they want something that takes up less shelf-space on their plan-o-grams.

thats also the main reason behind the exclusives: they need the retailers to support the line, and the best way to do that is release figures no one else has.

also, for those that complain like it's their job: why are you in this hobby? eventually, you need to say enough and just quit. leave more figures for those of us that understand the situation.

I really think that the Ares wave is a test for us that if we buy them then the BAFs will continue and if they don't sell like the FinFangFoom line then they might let it go. So I am going to get this wave just on principle. I do not need all the repaints,but I will do anything to keep Marvel legends 6" line going and hope that they continue the BAFs. If not, then I hope that they will continue with the 2packs. I really would like boxsets though as well!