Does MU 3 3/4" figures spell the end of 6" ML?

MarvelMovieFan

My gut feeling on the whole matter: If Marvel Universe really takes off and goes bonkers in the sales registers, FOOOOOM! Marvel Legends will be left to rot in the gutter. I am not a supporter of the 3 3/4" line just as I left the Super Showdown figures in the pegs more than a year ago. Let us not support this GI Joe mentality in our 6" line and if they should stay on the pegs, so be it. Let Hasbro learn their lesson, just as they learned their lesson the hard way with the Spider-Man 3 Movie figures and their other Movie figure line. Let's translate it to this, to deviate from the 6" line means Poor sales !!!! Boycott the 3 3/4 inch lines. They will sell this at close to $7 - $8 like their Star War figures. Let's boycott the 3 3/4" line.

I was at this panel and sad as it is to say, Hasbro seemed to have no interest in ML. In fact I would dare say that since they took over, they have been looking forward to this line failing. Don't believe me? Check these BS facts:

1) Complained about prices overseas to manufacture. We don't hear this BS from their competition, Mattel

2) Cut paint apps and washes. Again Mattel can do this, why can't Hasbro?

3) Really have expressed little interest in how long we have been asking for certain characters. While Mattel says specifically that they know DCUC is for collectors and they want to know what we want made.

4) Say they have to raise money on the retail end to offset those costs in line 1. Yea again Mattel can bring out the same size product with just as much plastic and keep the price at under 11 bucks. Hasbro, supplier of the TOP toy lines, can't. Smells fishy.

5) Tell us they can't do BAF cuz of the cost, no more bases cuz of costs, have to keep the line smaller for production. What about Mattel you ask? They WANT to make bigger BAF and have their first 9" BAF coming out. INCREASED the line ups from 5 figures to 7 AND have added a base to the A lister involved with each lineup and BAF pieces for the rest. In addition to doing 2 packs, waves, and exclusives!

6) Hasbro WANTS us to buy in to this 3 3/4 BS line. It didn't do very well with Toybiz, why should it do well for them? They are trying to sell us on cross products and vehicles, diorams. Specifically they mentined "go buy your Indiana Jones Dioramas and get them ready for this new Marvel Universe line.

The Hasbro people had no concept of what we wanted. When they showcased the Marvel/Transformer line up, people laughed and didn't make any of those cool sounds. These guys on the panel looked at each other and said "well, after all this line is aimed at kids" as they expected us to not like it, but kids would love it. they were so out of touch. Then they tried to convince us that we wanted this 3 3/4 and they were fans of comics and stuff. I felt really insulted being there listening to this trash. Blah!

plus if there going to make marvel legends around 12-13 dollars then why wouldnt they expect this line to fail? they might be getting revenge on the collectors. i mean what little boy or girl wants an expensive ation figure?

I haven't been collecting the GIJoe line. Initially, it was because I didn't want to get roped into another line, because I knew if I picked up that first wave, I'd be hunting down all those 2 and 3 packs and vehicles and everything else. Expensive. But at SDCC I broke down and bought a couple of the 2-packs that were on clearance to get the comics, just to see how they looked. But the figures are so tiny and fragile, like posing them might break an arm off at any time. And if that's how fully geared up Army figures are, how tiny are the spandex clad Daredevils ans Spider-Mans going to be? I am not impressed with the 3 3/4" line at all. It convinced my that I won't be buying the Puniverse line. I'm not against it, but I don't want it to be at the expense of the line I DO collect. If each line can sustain itself fiscally, there is no reason to discontinue one line in favor of another. Hasbro's reasoning and arguments are retarded. Like removing comics from the Legends line. If they can make a comic 2-pack, just take out those two 3 3/4" figures and replace them with one 6" figure. Voila! Comics with Legends again. Their excuses sound lame and are logically flawed.

I won't be "boycotting" the Puniverse line, I just won't be buying them is all. More money for Mattel's excellent DCUC line. If Hasbro wants that cash back, they can make more Legends.

I was at this panel and sad as it is to say, Hasbro seemed to have no interest in ML. In fact I would dare say that since they took over, they have been looking forward to this line failing. Don't believe me? Check these BS facts:

1) Complained about prices overseas to manufacture. We don't hear this BS from their competition, Mattel

2) Cut paint apps and washes. Again Mattel can do this, why can't Hasbro?

3) Really have expressed little interest in how long we have been asking for certain characters. While Mattel says specifically that they know DCUC is for collectors and they want to know what we want made.

4) Say they have to raise money on the retail end to offset those costs in line 1. Yea again Mattel can bring out the same size product with just as much plastic and keep the price at under 11 bucks. Hasbro, supplier of the TOP toy lines, can't. Smells fishy.

5) Tell us they can't do BAF cuz of the cost, no more bases cuz of costs, have to keep the line smaller for production. What about Mattel you ask? They WANT to make bigger BAF and have their first 9" BAF coming out. INCREASED the line ups from 5 figures to 7 AND have added a base to the A lister involved with each lineup and BAF pieces for the rest. In addition to doing 2 packs, waves, and exclusives!

6) Hasbro WANTS us to buy in to this 3 3/4 BS line. It didn't do very well with Toybiz, why should it do well for them? They are trying to sell us on cross products and vehicles, diorams. Specifically they mentined "go buy your Indiana Jones Dioramas and get them ready for this new Marvel Universe line.

The Hasbro people had no concept of what we wanted. When they showcased the Marvel/Transformer line up, people laughed and didn't make any of those cool sounds. These guys on the panel looked at each other and said "well, after all this line is aimed at kids" as they expected us to not like it, but kids would love it. they were so out of touch. Then they tried to convince us that we wanted this 3 3/4 and they were fans of comics and stuff. I felt really insulted being there listening to this trash. Blah!

plus if there going to make marvel legends around 12-13 dollars then why wouldnt they expect this line to fail? they might be getting revenge on the collectors. i mean what little boy or girl wants an expensive ation figure?

i still dont see paying 13 bucks for a HML. if a small company like mezco can get a huge fig like WINK(HB 2) out for 15.00, they can give you a legend(with half the detail of a mezco fig) for 10.00.