whats the point?

shockerisback

so hasbro doesnt wanna do 6 insh figures? so whats the point in keeping the legends license? cant they open the door for marvel and let toybiz regain just the license for the marvel legends line? i mean hasbro is showing that they dont want it, so let it go. let toybiz do with it, what it was back in the day. hasbro can keep all the other rights to everything about marvel. let the legends be free.

I wish they could do that too, but there's probably some business reason why they can't.

It would be cool if they could though. That way, Hasbro could concentrate on their puny line, Marvel Legends would still get made, and collectors of both scales would have something to buy.

But I know it's most likely not that simple.

The fact that Toy Biz basically no longer exists might make that a problem, too. (See the Toy Biz panel for more info...Marvel basically bought them out and shut them down).

Marvel is a brand, and a potentially very profitable one. Marvel Legends is just a sub-brand of a brand. But if anyone thinks that the 6" figures are never coming back, you certainly don't know Hasbro very well.

Heck, they may not end up disappearing at all...just coming out in the pretty awesome two-packs.

The fact that Toy Biz basically no longer exists might make that a problem, too. (See the Toy Biz panel for more info...Marvel basically bought them out and shut them down).

Marvel is a brand, and a potentially very profitable one. Marvel Legends is just a sub-brand of a brand. But if anyone thinks that the 6" figures are never coming back, you certainly don't know Hasbro very well.

Heck, they may not end up disappearing at all...just coming out in the pretty awesome two-packs.

oh yeah? it took them 25 years to bring back the classic gyjoe's. i think everyone knows with what they came up in the meantime. sigma 6? even the transformers were horrible since the classic ones came out. i cross my fingers for the 2-packs. i rely do. they bring out great figures that way. i could care less if the legends line stops (the single figures) but as long that something is coming.

oh yeah? it took them 25 years to bring back the classic gyjoe's. i think everyone knows with what they came up in the meantime. sigma 6? even the transformers were horrible since the classic ones came out. i cross my fingers for the 2-packs. i rely do. they bring out great figures that way. i could care less if the legends line stops (the single figures) but as long that something is coming.

Huh? What alernate universe are you from? It was the 25th anniversary of G.I. Joe. It didn't take them 25 years at all. Only from 1995-96 there were no 3 3/4 G.I. Joes. Even when Sigma 6 came out later they went back pretty quickly to the small scale. They sold those online & at Toys R Us.

Why aren't you mad at Marvel? They are the ones most likely who approve of the plans.

All you who didn't believe that Marvel Legends was being hijacked from the start, well here's your first sign. First, they decrease the articulation on the 6" product line and cut corners with the paint applications starting the first series and combine some X3 movie figures with it. Then they introduce their own version of knee joints and elbrows and claim the cost of production is making them consider cheaper alternative ways of making these. Meanwhile, they're gonna keep reissuing old Spidey sculpts to keep us interested, . . or NOT. Then, further down the line they would say their isn't any more BAF figures in the Marvel Universe to make, so they're going to cut it out. And finally decide to make the figures really in the scale they're good at . . . 3 3/4 . This has been done before and it's called Marvel Super Hero Showdown and that line never picked up and it SUCKED. Now they have more time and excuses to cut down on detailed sculpting and paint and concentrate on the kids instead of the collectors. Do you seriously think that they will give the same amount of attention to detail to the actual PRODUCTION samples as they do to the PROTOTYPES. This is the real world people !! Of course, they will throw you the good bone in the INITIAL introduction of this new line. Remember Toy Fair 2006 when they showed their intial samples ? C'mon now, we ain't stupid.