Hasbro's Ulterior motive with the ML line?

CJDDO

Interesting thought. Maybe it was Hasbro's plan all along to secure the ML license, pump a couple of lines out to appease the masses, then changing over to what was probably their focus all along, a cheaper, more broad based line, that being the 3 3/4". It's a size they are comfortable with, is cheaper to produce and they know not only kids but collectors will be interested as well.

I agree with you to a certain degree, however if they wanted to kill the ML line, they could've just ended it now after making us wait for the next line for the better part of a year. Honestly, I don't think they truly know how to market the line. They know it's popular and have had some success with it, but maximizing profitibility while satisfying collectors has been a head scratcher for them. Hopefully the 2 packs will do well for them and encourage them to keep ML alive in that format. I think we all realize that Hasbro is the master of the 3 3/4 figure and has had this in mind for the Marvel brand from the beginning.

I say let them do 3 3/4" and let Marvel Toys do the 6" altogether. Or better yet, rename the Marvel Legends line Marvel Select where it's back in Marvel Toys hands !!

All you who didn't believe that Marvel Legends was being hijacked from the start, well here's your proof. First, they decrease the articulation on the 6" product line and cut corners with the paint applications starting the first series and combine some X3 movie figures with it. Then they introduce their own version of knee joints and elbrows and claim the cost of production is making them consider cheaper alternative ways of making these. Meanwhile, they're gonna keep reissuing old Spidey sculpts to keep us interested, . . or NOT. Then, further down the line they would say their isn't any more BAF figures in the Marvel Universe to make, so they're going to cut it out. And finally decide to make the figures really in the scale they're good at . . . 3 3/4 . This has been done before and it's called Marvel Super Hero Showdown and that line never picked up and it SUCKED. Now they have more time and excuses to cut down on detailed sculpting and paint and concentrate on the kids instead of the collectors. Do you seriously think that they will give the same amount of attention to detail to the actual PRODUCTION samples as they do to the PROTOTYPES. This is the real world people !! Of course, they will throw you the good bone in the INITIAL introduction of this new line. Remember Toy Fair 2006 when they showed their intial samples ? C'mon now, we ain't stupid.

i sort of quessed that hasbro were loosing contacts for marvel legends when they were only available in america then they were only available in certain shops as exclusives now what .......

well if they continue with two packs i will be happy with that i like two pack, infact im happy with exclusives as its got to the point when i cant buy them anyway they havent been available in england for years.

but i really dont like the 3 3/4 line i know people will hate me now but thats just what i think i dont mind them been out then people can choose but i go with the 6 inch line anyday more detail and look better plus they have always been what scale i have collected for years until hasbro started fiddling around with the scale.

and as for baf's i dont mind if we did have a few waves without a baf as toybiz brought out a few waves without baf's, i would prefer a few characters with a base or a stand instead for a change.

two packs i really want to see a thuderbird and fa storm, callisto and storm either im not fussy.

but i dont think hasbro could have topped what they showed us last time the foom and two packs, although i did like the invisible woman she looked good. i just wish we had hered about an x men wave and wolverine movie 6 inch line.

I say let them do 3 3/4" and let Marvel Toys do the 6" altogether. Or better yet, rename the Marvel Legends line Marvel Select where it's back in Marvel Toys hands !!

All you who didn't believe that Marvel Legends was being hijacked from the start, well here's your proof. First, they decrease the articulation on the 6" product line and cut corners with the paint applications starting the first series and combine some X3 movie figures with it. Then they introduce their own version of knee joints and elbrows and claim the cost of production is making them consider cheaper alternative ways of making these. Meanwhile, they're gonna keep reissuing old Spidey sculpts to keep us interested, . . or NOT. Then, further down the line they would say their isn't any more BAF figures in the Marvel Universe to make, so they're going to cut it out. And finally decide to make the figures really in the scale they're good at . . . 3 3/4 . This has been done before and it's called Marvel Super Hero Showdown and that line never picked up and it SUCKED. Now they have more time and excuses to cut down on detailed sculpting and paint and concentrate on the kids instead of the collectors. Do you seriously think that they will give the same amount of attention to detail to the actual PRODUCTION samples as they do to the PROTOTYPES. This is the real world people !! Of course, they will throw you the good bone in the INITIAL introduction of this new line. Remember Toy Fair 2006 when they showed their intial samples ? C'mon now, we ain't stupid.

100% agree !

100% agree !

I'll see your 100% and raise you another 100%.

I also appreciate the irony of them taking the comics out of the Legends because it was "cost-prohibitive" but now they can stick comics in just about every line they put out. Really, Hasbro? Really?