Ok lets face it guys

abazou

We all love ML and we love collecting marvel figures (the comics stuff forget the movies) so now it seems the ML days will be ending and the 3 inch thingy will arrive. Is there any of you ML collectors out there who will not buy the 3 inch? if so then what will you get to satisfy your marvel needs.

I was a bit confused on what to do, i was hoping to complete my marvel universe in ML format but it seems that hasbro killed that dream. I would be lying if i said i wont collect the 3 inch so i guess i wil just buy both and hope we still get MLs even if its only 2 packs. Maybe easglemoss figurines can satisfy some of you marvel collectors out there since they r doing the whole marvel universe.

I read the same story everyone else read. There is nothing definititve about the 6" line going away. BAF's may be going away...FOR NOW, but that's all. Where did anyone from Hasbro say that Legends are done??? I think everyone is reading into this way too much. Please, stop the drama.

Where is the drama exactly if you think there's no chance of Ml dying then you're living in lala land.

marvel is awazing and is liked my thousands of people and the figure are collected by those thousands of fans so why at hasbro call do we all give up if i owned a toy company i would be quickk to take on the marvel legends line, if not hasbro marvel legends then someone else will take over either toybiz again or another company?

but i cant see the marvel figures going away that easy, i hate 3 3/4 scal idea and have said this many times 6 inch or no sale.

what other toy company would you think would take it on next ?

wich company would you let the 6 inch marvel legends line future lie with ?

plus marvel has its own toy company i just wikipedia it lol.

We all love ML and we love collecting marvel figures (the comics stuff forget the movies) so now it seems the ML days will be ending and the 3 inch thingy will arrive. Is there any of you ML collectors out there who will not buy the 3 inch? if so then what will you get to satisfy your marvel needs.

I was a bit confused on what to do, i was hoping to complete my marvel universe in ML format but it seems that hasbro killed that dream. I would be lying if i said i wont collect the 3 inch so i guess i wil just buy both and hope we still get MLs even if its only 2 packs. Maybe easglemoss figurines can satisfy some of you marvel collectors out there since they r doing the whole marvel universe.

I like movie figures... :hulk: :blink::blink: :hulk:

I read the same story everyone else read. There is nothing definititve about the 6" line going away. BAF's may be going away...FOR NOW, but that's all. Where did anyone from Hasbro say that Legends are done??? I think everyone is reading into this way too much. Please, stop the drama.

Agreed.

hm i thought a lot those last days and to be honest, in a way i am happy if they stopped with the regular line. my reasons are, if hasbro is willing to put older figures in the line then i think we all are better off with the 2-packs. i mean i paid big bugs to get dragonman and kang so i dont need them to rebuy them again. the 2- pack way is realy cool

extra heads

variants

weapons

extra hands

a lot more then usual. i was so angry at first but looking at it? it could be a good thing. sure i will miss the regular figures but hell, i open them and i am happy to get as much marvel characters that exists. now i just hope that we dont have to wait for september 09 next year to get any legends 2-pack waves.

the one thing i dont get. they wanna go slow just the moment they figured out what we love. i mean look

-forge

-a new electra

-ronin

-more then one shield agent

-tarantula

-a fantastic black costume spiderman

-ben reily

-union jack

-spiral

i mean there are so many cool figs coming and lets no tforget about the icons. in a way i feel that they will be scaled down. there are even legends shown who arent even mentioned.

-magneto

-gambit

-silver samurai

-those twins

i mean i think we still will get legends figures but not as much as before.

Maybe Abazou's concern was the rising price of Marvel Legends, no BAFs for now and the introduction of the 3 3/4 line and jumped to the cancelled ML conclusion. Let me quote from the Comic Con report:

"Hasbro is considering how to continue the Legends line. Hasbro wants to continue the line but there are increasing challenges to doing so in retail. One method is more exclusives as we've been seeing."

Those twins? WTF?

Northstar and Aurora Genius.

Two of the most wanted characters from alpha flight.

sorry i didnt remember the names at the moment. i grew up reading those comics in german and frensh. now i read them all in english. they all have mostly different names in germany and france. the alpha flight comic never hitted stores in germany or in france. so i forget sometimes how they are called or how there names are written correctly. sorry :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Those twins? WTF?

sorry i didnt remember the names at the moment. i grew up reading those comics in german and frensh. now i read them all in english. they all have mostly different names in germany and france. the alpha flight comic never hitted stores in germany or in france. so i forget sometimes how they are called or how there names are written correctly. sorry :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Meh its ok.I even had to look up how to spell Aurora's name! :tongue:

Those twins? WTF?

sorry i didnt remember the names at the moment. i grew up reading those comics in german and frensh. now i read them all in english. they all have mostly different names in germany and france. the alpha flight comic never hitted stores in germany or in france. so i forget sometimes how they are called or how there names are written correctly. sorry :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Meh its ok.I even had to look up how to spell Aurora's name! :tongue:

Redd Forman just called....he left a message for you..."dumb ass!"( just kidding..dont get mad)

It's "possible" the ML will continue, and pooda has an interesting thought about them gaging people's acceptance of them canceling the line to see how bad we really want them. But look at it this way, at every other Comic Con I've been to, they announced their upcoming stuff for the following year to get the collectors excited. What Marvel Legends did they announce for next year? How many waves? Doesn't that seem odd that the ENTIRE line was omitted after they all got their hardons for the mini figures? nary a mention? And that ALL the Marvel Legends questions were deflected to talk more about the mini line? Is this the tactics of a company that has more Marvel Legends in the pipeline?, or is it more likely they just don't want to definitively say that for all intents and purposes, they are done with the line. I'm sure they are exploring opportunities somehow, but believe, me, they are definitely on the back burner now that this new line has been announced.

And I'll tell you something else. They way they've been handling the Legends line since they acquired the license, it seems obvious they were leaning towards this since the beginning. 3 3/4 figs are Hasbro's mainstay. They can charge $8 for a figure that uses 1/6th the resources and you can ship twice as many. It's not that Legends weren't selling well, it's that the profit markup wasn't as astronomically high as it could be with smaller figures. And remember when they said it was cost prohibitive to put comics in with the Legends? Now all of the sudden SW and GIJoe comics two packs are a mainstay of their lines. Somebody mentioned this at the panel and they said "that was a no-brainer". So what, all of a sudden comic AREN'T cost prohibitive? We'll definitely be seeing Marvel Comics 2 packs in the future.