Marvel Legends Dry Well

bennyblanco

Okay so I like to purchase the entire waves of Marvel Legends. I buy one set to remain closed and one set to build-a-figure. I missed on the Brood Queen set but now I'm trying to get it aswell as the FFF wave. I decided to go shopping all day to find Marvel Legends and while I was at it look for G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary figures and DC Universe classics. I went to 4 Wal-Marts, 3 Targets, 1 K-Mart, and 1 KB Toy Store and all i saw on the pegs of all these stores combined was one Penguin from the DC Universe wave, 4 Cobra troopers, 1 Jean Grey Blob Series, 1 Xorn Blob Series and 1 Absorbing Man FFF Wave. My purpose of posting this was to ask is the well dry in your areas just as bad as it is in the city I live in?

I don't think Hasbro has been offering replenishments to retailers for awhile now. They say "reassessing stock overages" to us, but when the pegs have been empty for several months and the stores haven't done a planogram remodel to make room for a different toy, it suggests to me that the stores are still expecting to get shipments they have ordered? Why? Probably because the things sell. But Hasbro can't go to the stockholders with this scheme to torpedo the biggest selling toyline in favor of their new minifigs, so they futz with the sales, withold orders, then point out that Legends and other 6" lines haven't been doing so hot, so they are going to "reassess" and sell smaller figures with a higher mark-up for increased profits.

I don't think Hasbro has been offering replenishments to retailers for awhile now. They say "reassessing stock overages" to us, but when the pegs have been empty for several months and the stores haven't done a planogram remodel to make room for a different toy, it suggests to me that the stores are still expecting to get shipments they have ordered? Why? Probably because the things sell. But Hasbro can't go to the stockholders with this scheme to torpedo the biggest selling toyline in favor of their new minifigs, so they futz with the sales, withold orders, then point out that Legends and other 6" lines haven't been doing so hot, so they are going to "reassess" and sell smaller figures with a higher mark-up for increased profits.

very informative and i live close to the mexican border where all people from mexico come and purchase any toy they can grab and they purchse the entire selection not just one so yeah I dont fault people from other countries

very informative and i live close to the mexican border where all people from mexico come and purchase any toy they can grab and they purchse the entire selection not just one so yeah I dont fault people from other countries

where do you live benny? I'm trying to find someone in san diego that collects legends too so we can watch eachother's backs with the new figures but no luck yet.

Yeah, I'm sure it's all part of the evil Hasbro corporation's secret conspiracy! It's all about making a line that's not successful so they can make a different line that may or may not be successful!

Give me a freaking break. The "conspiracy theories" around here are bad enough to begin with. Some people need to grow up and realize that Marvel Legends simply wasn't/isn't as popular as you or Hasbro thought it was, particularly once you get outside the relatively small adult collector market.

There's only one...maybe two...lines in the world that can survive and still make a decent profit long-term on adult collectors alone. Star Wars and maybe Transformers. Toy Biz survived because they didn't have nearly the output that Hasbro does. Once Marvel Legends were available in massive numbers darn near everywhere, it suddenly became apparent that Hasbro massively overestimated the popularity of the line.

Try living in Canada for a while.

Im sick of you canadians feeling sorry for yourselves. Try living in the EU dipshits. We barely got the Spider-man 3 figures,and you still complain?

OK turkey, lets remain polite shall we !

Everybody has some trouble getting stuff ,some more than others but the fact remains that even though we might get stuff before the EU we still get it months after the US and its that much more agravating cause were there next door neighbors for crippes sake.

Or try living in Mexico. We hardly get somn.

No 2packs, No FFF, no EXCLUSIVE lines (Target and Wal-Mart)no IM exclusives or second waves whatsoever(satellite, ironcap,warmachine, SC).

And that´s just Hasbro/Marvel. . . DCUC is going the same. . .

Or Jamaica, we get nothing....nada...zero, no ML or DCUC. lol *sigh*

Distribution here in Nashville, TN is always bad. I have seen FFF Wendigo, End Hulk & Son of Hulk but that's all. I don't drive around looking as often anymore b/c i hate wasting gas & not finding anything.

yea I live in east tn and I still have not seen the hulk mls line at all and I have cheaked everyday at 3 wal marts a target k-mart and a toys r us (they always get the stuff late)

so I'm getting a lil pissed i have never had to wait this long for something I wish they would just put everything online

i live in kentucky and most of our stores have tons of the common figures (emma frost, astonishing cyclops, x3 beast, x3 colossus, thing, human torch, mr. fantastic, etc.), so i dont think they arent getting shipments, i just think people buy the more popular figures before i ever see them. and of course, i never saw a single giant man wave figure. so, around here i cant really blame hasbro. i saw figures from every line... just not the ones i wanted. luckily, i walked into my local target the other day and found the entire fff series. so i got my absorbing man. =D

Im sick of you canadians feeling sorry for yourselves. Try living in the EU dipshits. We barely got the Spider-man 3 figures,and you still complain?

OK turkey, lets remain polite shall we !

Everybody has some trouble getting stuff ,some more than others but the fact remains that even though we might get stuff before the EU we still get it months after the US and its that much more agravating cause were there next door neighbors for crippes sake.

Turkey?

Strange child.

Wow 6 months? No way!

The newest thing we have is HML1.Your lucky,but you dont wanna believe it cause your too busy feeling sad.

TRY living over here.Just try.I dare you.Id live in canada anyday.6 months is better than 2 years.