THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW HASBRO!

CaptainAlbania

Ok, here's the story. I go into my local Walmart last week and find the two packs being stocked so I pick up Cap/Nick And Ronin/Elecktra. I get home open them to find that Cap is missing the interchangable head. I figure "Oh well, I can contact Hasbro to replace this part obviously missing from packaging." So about ten minutes ago I call them. First they tell me that there is no exchangable part, then they tell me that the item has been discontinued since May. "Discontinued since May?! They just got shelved and a lot of people don't even have them" the man on the phone replies "Yeah, it's a limited release." So there you have it folks. Legends fans are getting the shaft. This is rediculous. Discontinued in May pretty much means one shipment only and ever. WTF are they thinking?

Ok, here's the story. I go into my local Walmart last week and find the two packs being stocked so I pick up Cap/Nick And Ronin/Elecktra. I get home open them to find that Cap is missing the interchangable head. I figure "Oh well, I can contact Hasbro to replace this part obviously missing from packaging." So about ten minutes ago I call them. First they tell me that there is no exchangable part, then they tell me that the item has been discontinued since May. "Discontinued since May?! They just got shelved and a lot of people don't even have them" the man on the phone replies "Yeah, it's a limited release." So there you have it folks. Legends fans are getting the shaft. This is rediculous. Discontinued in May pretty much means one shipment only and ever. WTF are they thinking?

did it sound like you were talking to Fez from that 70's show? if so, be very rude and demand a manager! thats what i did when my FF thing didnt come with the ronin head.

No better yet,

I called back, said that I was missing the head from the Cap/Fury pack then when they told me that there was no head for that pack I said I was missing the one from the Ronin Elecktra pack. They then said there was no swappable head from that one, and I said "Ha, I trick you!" *in Fez voice*. Then explained that it did come with one and that their system is messed up and that I wanted to talk to a manager. They then said they'd forward an e-mail to "product managment" and get back to me. I've never had a problem with Hasbro Customer service before this.

No better yet,

I called back, said that I was missing the head from the Cap/Fury pack then when they told me that there was no head for that pack I said I was missing the one from the Ronin Elecktra pack. They then said there was no swappable head from that one, and I said "Ha, I trick you!" *in Fez voice*. Then explained that it did come with one and that their system is messed up and that I wanted to talk to a manager. They then said they'd forward an e-mail to "product managment" and get back to me. I've never had a problem with Hasbro Customer service before this.

theyre lying. if you get irate and refuse to do anything but talk to a manager, theyll give you one. i dont settle.....i will get so damn biligerant....wooo!

Well... sad fact is that most CS reps don't have the product themselves. They'll likely have no clue what you're talking about personally, and if the info they have is wrong... then it's wrong. The only thing you can really do about it is just what Pooda said- keep trying until you get somewhere.

On the whole, Hasbro CS is pretty good. I haven't had to return anything to them in years, but back when I did, they were nothing but polite and accommodating.

Sounds like some store employee is stealing some accessories out of the box and repacking those things back into the package and hoping nobody notices or . . . Hasbro is letting these things ship out of the factory half-a$$ed . . .

Or maybe he just picked up one pack that was 'defective', which is completely understandable given a production run that is likely in the tens of thousands (or more). It's a fact of life in any form of manufacturing.

that sucks if i payed all that money to have one shipped to england to find it had missing pieces i would be very venemous.

i think its time hasbro was replaced my a better and more reliable company, who is with me ???????

Sure. Name the company. You know, that perfect one who gives you exactly what you want 110% of the time, who never has defective product, who never has delays, who has insanely fast distribution to anywhere on the globe, who never raises prices, who never changes the product from the prototypes, who never changes the format of any line, and who has CS that always knows exactly what's going on.

Show me that company. I'll show you a fantasy.

that sucks if i payed all that money to have one shipped to england to find it had missing pieces i would be very venemous.

i think its time hasbro was replaced my a better and more reliable company, who is with me ???????

OK.

Your post just shows how much you want attention with the massive letters.ASK THE F***ING QUESTION IN NORMAL TEXT.

NOOB!

So, here's what it basically came down to. They did call me back. They did admit that the product did have swappable heads. They made me this offer. I can send the product in free of charge and if they have a replacement they will send the replacement back. If they do not, I get the luxury of hasbrotoystore.com coupons... in other words if they have the product I should have gotten in stock, I get all the pieces that I should have gotten in the first place. If they do not they will not send my product back... I offered to send in the UPC as proof of my purchase, but they said that it had to be the product. TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!!

So, here's what it basically came down to. They did call me back. They did admit that the product did have swappable heads. They made me this offer. I can send the product in free of charge and if they have a replacement they will send the replacement back. If they do not, I get the luxury of hasbrotoystore.com coupons... in other words if they have the product I should have gotten in stock, I get all the pieces that I should have gotten in the first place. If they do not they will not send my product back... I offered to send in the UPC as proof of my purchase, but they said that it had to be the product. TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!!

Not terrible. I had to do that with a Transformer that was missing the piece. They sent a postage paid sticker to me. I sent in the Transformer. Then they sent me a whole new same model.

dont do it! if they dont have it in the warehouse.....youll be assed out! the HTS sy that theyre outta stock.......just take it back to the store and say when your son unwrapped it, and opened it, you noticed it didnt have the head, and you want another set.

That's the way they've always done it. Actually, before HTS, they'd just send you something 'of equal value' from the same line if they didn't have that specific product. At least with some coupons, you can make sure you get something you want.

And you know what? That's the way Toy Biz did it too. Send in your figure (at your own cost, because they didn't send you a shipping label for it like Hasbro does), and they'd check the warehouse and see what they had in stock. Sometimes it was what you wanted, sometimes it was crap they couldn't sell.

We can go back and forth all day about how much Hasbro sucks, but I'm hearing of a company that called you back to admit their mistake, is offering to pay all the associated costs with replacement, and is willing to offer you coupons to get other product of your choice if they cannot replace the specific item. This is not good CS, it's GREAT CS. It's pretty much unheard of in the toy industry... or most other industries, for that matter.

No better yet,

so, theyre system's messed up, something thats ever so slightly out of the phone tech's hands, and youre complaining. no your right, thats totally the phone tech's fault.

i have a better idea: look at the toy before you buy it. or, if you cant do that simple thing, well, take it back and ask for a new one. tada!

No better yet,

so, theyre system's messed up, something thats ever so slightly out of the phone tech's hands, and youre complaining. no your right, thats totally the phone tech's fault.

i have a better idea: look at the toy before you buy it. or, if you cant do that simple thing, well, take it back and ask for a new one. tada!

doesnt matter. if youre a phone tech, and an upset person calls about some product being messed up, the tech is going to get yelled at. period. if it was the manager, then it'll be him getting yelled at. he could take it back,(like i said about 4 post ago) or they could just give him the freakin' head.(those hasbro bucks were a nice look out.)

No better yet,

i always inspect my toys before i buy them. if its missing something and i know ill miss it i dont buy it. not worth the hassle trying to replace a little accessory. i can just buy it off ebay if its the last one i ever see in a store

Why even go trough all the hassle of calling hasbro??? Just exchange it at the store for pete's sake ! And as was mentioned before, LOOK before you buy.

Exactly, if you could see that there were parts missing why would you buy it? You ever heard of being an intelligent consumer?

like youve never made a mistake. you could ask the company the same question.