Personally, I can't wait for the 3 3/4" line

Hulk1977

What is the big deal over Marvel Legends? All I hear are people screaming "MORE, MORE, MORE!!!"

Listen, not everybody collects Marvel Legends...I don't. I was never that thrilled with them. Back when Toy Biz was doing them, most had sloppy paint jobs, and looked dirty due to the excessive washes/dry brushing. The Hasbro ones look better, but are too expensive for my budget.

With the Toy Biz line and the Hasbro line, there are something like 250 different figures. So what are you people complaining about? You have tons of characters you would never have gotten before.

People need to stop freaking out over this change to 3 3/4" and embrace it. Plastic requires petroleum. You do know about the whole oil/gas thing, right?

Smaller figures cost less to produce and package, take up less shelf space, and are cheaper to ship. All good for the manufacturer and the retailer.

For the consumer, they cost less to buy, enabling you to buy more characters, take up less space to display, and will offer a greater selection of characters due to decreased production costs.

Furthermore, all the ML people need to stop being so damn selfish. You've got 250+ figures...if Marvel Legends died tomorrow, it would still be the largest, most comprehensive Marvel toy collection EVER. How bout giving the rest of us something to look forward to?

I liked the 6" Marvel Legends line quite well and bough many of the figures, but I'm very excited to see how the 3 3/4" line turns out. If nothing else, I can have a nice little display of "American Icons" on my desk at work, with Indiana Jones, Duke from G.I. Joe, Captain America, and Superman all together....even if Superman will likely stick out like a sore thumb thanks to Infinite Heroes being...less than good-looking.

Legends was always the "odd man out" in my collection in terms of size, at least until DCUC came along. Heck, I'm glad 6" Marvel Legends are taking a breather while DCUC is really ramping up. It'll help spare my wallet some pain and let me get a healthy collection of both universes going.

What is the big deal over Marvel Legends? All I hear are people screaming "MORE, MORE, MORE!!!"

Listen, not everybody collects Marvel Legends...I don't. I was never that thrilled with them. Back when Toy Biz was doing them, most had sloppy paint jobs, and looked dirty due to the excessive washes/dry brushing. The Hasbro ones look better, but are too expensive for my budget.

With the Toy Biz line and the Hasbro line, there are something like 250 different figures. So what are you people complaining about? You have tons of characters you would never have gotten before.

People need to stop freaking out over this change to 3 3/4" and embrace it. Plastic requires petroleum. You do know about the whole oil/gas thing, right?

Smaller figures cost less to produce and package, take up less shelf space, and are cheaper to ship. All good for the manufacturer and the retailer.

For the consumer, they cost less to buy, enabling you to buy more characters, take up less space to display, and will offer a greater selection of characters due to decreased production costs.

Furthermore, all the ML people need to stop being so damn selfish. You've got 250+ figures...if Marvel Legends died tomorrow, it would still be the largest, most comprehensive Marvel toy collection EVER. How bout giving the rest of us something to look forward to?

Why should the rest of us suffer a change to what we love collecting because some can't afford to start a collection? Tuff cookies!!!

I cant wait.

I had such fun posing the to make action scenes.

Obviously some people like annihilator have sticks up their asses about it so we'll just ignore them ;)

No kidding compared to other boards I visit this has the worst ratio of people with "sticks up their asses".

I hated G.I. Joe Sigma 6 but I never whined & complained as much as they do about this new Marvel line. I could see them being upset about ML's demise. However nothing justifies their 3 year old responses in some of these threads. :wolverine2:

I'll get at least one 3 3/4 figure to see how well it's made. I tried Showdown and those POS's fell apart just standing there. We'll see how well constructed the new line is. I am going to be really disappointed if Hasbro stops with the 6 inch line though. I'm glad for what I have but there is still plenty I want.

And I think the 5 inch line had a lot more characters released.

Personally I do not think that a smaller scale figure will be better in so far as accuracy and a well done paint job (look at Ironfist and some of the close up of the other characters).

With the prices going up for the 6" then that means the 3.75" will probably the price that the 6" are now.

I am more than happy for you to start a new collection. And I am happy with mine. I think I speak for everyone who is enraged because we were promised so much and given so little. Yes there were over 250(?) action figures made,but how many were duplicates? If this line is to die, then Hasbro should have the decencey to have a poll of the most wanted figures and do a last BAF with 8 figures of what everyone one of us collectors voted for! That would be the best thing for Hasbro to do for us who have bought a lot of duplicates to complete the BAFs.

Also I do not think that a smaller scale figure will be better in so far as accuracy and a well done paint job (look at Ironfist and some of the close up of the other characters).

And finally,with the prices going up for the 6" then that means the 3.75" will probably the price that the 6" are now.

Hmmm. I think this Hulk1977 works for Hasbro. fishy, fishy. I can care less about the Marvel Puniverse line, release it! I can live with them warming the pegs, however, don't expect it to replace Marvel Legends. I don't care if Hasbro gives us only 2 packs twice a year, just don't kill the line until you release Jim Lee's Jean Grey and Jubes! we are only 2 members away from completing the Gold and Blue Strike teams!

I'm really looking forward to MU as well. I've been very turned off by what Hasbro did with ML(especially the increase in price). Marvel Universe is going to be a HUGE success if Hasbro keeps it fresh, limits the repaints and does not waste time with movie figures.

First off i need to say that i doubt ML is over, and if it does in a couple months you can #$#@# at me.

If it does end, i apologize to the die hard ML Collectors, but i personally dont care about ML anymore. The long Waits, poor distribution, and bad piant jobs just threw me off, and I was one of the optimistic ones back in the day. But, I am really excited for the new line, (the Ms. Marvels in particular) and cant wait to throw them in with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and GI Joes. I really hope they turn out better than the Super hero Showdown Figs. And with Vehicles and possible playsets in the future I will love this Line.

Hmmm. I think this Hulk1977 works for Hasbro. fishy, fishy.

Are you really so irrationally upset about all this that you're even accusing anyone that likes the idea of this 3 3/4" line as being a Hasbro plant? Honestly?

Grow up and accept that even if you don't like it, there are plenty of people that actually (and genuinely) are excited about the possibilities of this line and aren't part of this ludicrous "Hasbro Conspiracy" that some of you seem determined to cook up. Most of us seem perfectly capable of understanding why the 6" collectors are worried/upset (heck most of us are 6" collectors too), but there are a lot of different opinions about this line out there, and *gasp* some of them are even positive.

I cant wait.

I had such fun posing the to make action scenes.

Obviously some people like annihilator have sticks up their asses about it so we'll just ignore them ;)

Don't pay attention to what I have when you actually have a LOG up yours ! NOOB !!

I have a "log" up my ass about the noob situation.You have a stick up your ass about a line that everyone knew was coming before HML1 was even in the prototype stages.

BTW,the NOOB is my bit.Get your own.

i for one have liked most of what hasbro has done as far as marvel legends and ironman ( hml 1 notwithstanding but i really wanted anhilus ,ironman, herc). i find it funny how you guys will buy the marvel selects,icons,minimates,360 unleashed,super hero showdowns. but complain when they wanna do a 3 3/4 inch line

i for one have liked most of what hasbro has done as far as marvel legends and ironman ( hml 1 notwithstanding but i really wanted anhilus ,ironman, herc). i find it funny how you guys will buy the marvel selects,icons,minimates,360 unleashed,super hero showdowns. but complain when they wanna do a 3 3/4 inch line

marvel select isnt hasbro

Point of order... the 5" scale produced MANY more figures, and more unique characters overall.

And if this board had been nearly as big back then, there would have been loads of Toy Biz hate threads over the introduction of Marvel Legends.

It's the Theory of Cyclical Internet Complaining in action.

marvel select isnt hasbro

Neither are Minimates. I think the point that's being made is that Marvel collectors will/do snap up all kinds of diverse lines that aren't 6" scale... but as soon as a new one appears that may threaten that 6" scale, all hades breaks loose.

I say too many assumptions are being made here. Let's give it a rest and see if the market forces react as predicted, say 9 months down the line. My main concern here is that since the big H has a monopoly on Marvel action figures, they can ease out one line (6") by winding it down to facilitate full implementation of their favored line (3 3/4"). That is monopolizing and contrary to free market. We're not all MBA's here but we can see that coming.

I say too many assumptions are being made here. Let's give it a rest and see if the market forces react as predicted, say 9 months down the line. My main concern here is that since the big H has a monopoly on Marvel action figures, they can ease out one line (6") by winding it down to facilitate full implementation of their favored line (3 3/4"). That is monopolizing and contrary to free market. We're not all MBA's here but we can see that coming.

you say?....YOU SAY?!...i was just playing.

You're darn right there are few (if any) MBA's here, but it doesn't take a business degree to realize how idiotic the "conspiracy theories" are, just a shred of common sense.

Common sense: You don't "wind down" a line that's performing to the level of success you want. Ergo - Marvel Legends was not performing to the level of success Hasbro wanted. If it had been, guess what? They'd STILL be making this 3 3/4" line...they just wouldn't be floundering with the 6" line.

Common sense: You don't push hundreds of thousands of action figures out to retailers on a line you want to fail (see: HML 1 and 2). Hasbro wanted HML to succeed just as badly as any other line they produce, otherwise THEY WOULDN'T HAVE PRODUCED THEM AT ALL. Hasbro was presumably under no obligation to keep trying the 6" format when they got the license. They could've scrapped the line then and there. Instead, they continued it for two years.

Common sense: Hasbro doesn't have a "preferred scale." They want things to sell up to or beyond expectations, regardless of scale. As we speak, there are 5", 6", 3 3/4" and 12" figures across various lines all being produced by Hasbro. That's not even counting 8" and 2.5" leftovers (Sigma 6). Yes, Hasbro has the most success with 3 3/4" figures of any current manufacturer, but they're not locked into some mythical 3 3/4" mindset.

Common sense: Tied in with point #1 above. This 3 3/4" scale series does NOT come "at the expense" of Marvel Legends. If Marvel Legends had been performing up to Hasbro's (or the retailer's) expectations, that line would almost certainly be continuing right alongside this 3 3/4" line. The fact that it didn't is more "bad luck" than any grand conspiracy or shady marketing scheme on Hasbro's part. This wasn't a "bait and switch" in other words. HML just didn't perform how they (whether Hasbro or the retailers) wanted it to.

Now, is Hasbro to blame for the underperformance of HML? Yes, to a significant extent they are. The figures were "too different" for some folks. No paint washes, less articulation, "too cartoony" etc...all the perfectly valid complaints that many long term ML collectors had. For some it wasn't enough to make them stop buying the line, but for probably more than Hasbro cares to admit, it was.

Once again, I doubt HML is going away entirely, or even if it does that it'll stay gone for too long. It's been successful enough in the long-term that Hasbro will undoubtedly attempt a "revivial" before too much time has passed. Those of you desperately longing for more 6" figures will probably get what you're looking for...you just have to be patient.

PS: You're more likely to get what you want if the 3 3/4" line is a big success than a failure, BTW. More money into the brand means more money to make larger figures as well as smaller ones.