Personally, I can't wait for the 3 3/4" line

Hulk1977

It probably boils down to not following thru with the previous established working model that the previous manufacturer had set for this line. When they took this product on, they tried what we would call "reinventing" the wheel and putting there own spin to the product. They did not do the necessary homework regarding the product and what made it popular in the first place and took a lot for granted by minimizing costs, changing the "features" of the product like POA and paint apps, etc., and "cutting" corners, assuming they would get the same results and cash flow from line. Sounds to me like they adopted the wrong "business" model in the first place and they are reaping the rewards of this mindset. And if the line didn't get the necessary care and nourishment for it to succeed, sale target and profit margins suffered.

if toybiz did such a better job then hasbro why dont they have the line now and why did the last 2 lines(toybiz) sit on shelfs to this day further more wherent the 1st to waves of hmls designed by the toybiz people

Indeed, I would say with great confidence that the seeds of Marvel Legends' decline were planted by Toy Biz. Hasbro just got handed the withering vines after the fact. Yes, Hasbro tried a different business model from Toy Biz (or more accurately they tried to carry over the business model that Toy Biz tried adopting with its' last couple waves). They changed the product, too. Bear in mind the changes weren't necessarily just "cost cutting." Hasbro has an entirely different set of "in house" criteria for quality control, etc... That probably has just as much to do with the changes as anything else. Say what you will, the Hasbro figures were -much- sturdier and had vastly better QC than Toy Biz.

Character Selection also wasn't a problem for HML, outside of the X3 figures. They made a bunch of characters that Toy Biz hadn't (or at least hadn't made in those forms). Did people just -want- rehashes of characters they already had, or would they rather have new characters?

Now, the execution of those new figures may have left something to be desired, but the character selection itself was pretty darn good (again, outside the X3 figs). Certainly no worse than Toy Biz.

I used to collect Marvel Legends, but I got to the point where they took up so much space and I had so many I couldn't even do anything with them but store them. But at this size, They barely take up anyroom. I cannot wait for these! I had most of the old Superhero Showdown line, and will definitelly add Black Panther and Ronin to my collection the first chance I get. I'll probably get most of the others too depending how the come out, Modern Armor Iron Man being the first on the list after that.

What is the big deal over Marvel Legends? All I hear are people screaming "MORE, MORE, MORE!!!"

Listen, not everybody collects Marvel Legends...I don't. I was never that thrilled with them. Back when Toy Biz was doing them, most had sloppy paint jobs, and looked dirty due to the excessive washes/dry brushing. The Hasbro ones look better, but are too expensive for my budget.

Personally I do not think that a smaller scale figure will be better in so far as accuracy and a well done paint job (look at Ironfist and some of the close up of the other characters).

With the Toy Biz line and the Hasbro line, there are something like 250 different figures. So what are you people complaining about? You have tons of characters you would never have gotten before.

People need to stop freaking out over this change to 3 3/4" and embrace it. Plastic requires petroleum. You do know about the whole oil/gas thing, right?

Smaller figures cost less to produce and package, take up less shelf space, and are cheaper to ship. All good for the manufacturer and the retailer.

With the prices going up for the 6" then that means the 3.75" will probably the price that the 6" are now.

For the consumer, they cost less to buy, enabling you to buy more characters, take up less space to display, and will offer a greater selection of characters due to decreased production costs.

Furthermore, all the ML people need to stop being so damn selfish. You've got 250+ figures...if Marvel Legends died tomorrow, it would still be the largest, most comprehensive Marvel toy collection EVER. How bout giving the rest of us something to look forward to?

I am more than happy for you to start a new collection. And I am happy with mine. I think I speak for everyone who is enraged because we were promised so much and given so little. Yes there were over 250(?) action figures made,but how many were duplicates? If this line is to die, then Hasbro should have the decencey to have a poll of the most wanted figures and do a last BAF with 8 figures of what everyone one of us collectors voted for! That would be the best thing for Hasbro to do for us who have bought a lot of duplicates to complete the BAFs.

LOL!!! I Flippin Agree! Well Said!

I am really looking forward this line, can't wait to mix them up with other toy lines. Like GI Joes and some TF toys. GI Joe Firefly vs Punisher, Snakeyes vs Bullseye, Stormshadow vs Daredevil and so many other possibilities. Posing TF Alternators with them should be fun also, even though not exactly in scale with each other.

I say too many assumptions are being made here. Let's give it a rest and see if the market forces react as predicted, say 9 months down the line. My main concern here is that since the big H has a monopoly on Marvel action figures, they can ease out one line (6") by winding it down to facilitate full implementation of their favored line (3 3/4"). That is monopolizing and contrary to free market. We're not all MBA's here but we can see that coming.

Very well put,that's exactly what there gonna do.

I say too many assumptions are being made here. Let's give it a rest and see if the market forces react as predicted, say 9 months down the line. My main concern here is that since the big H has a monopoly on Marvel action figures, they can ease out one line (6") by winding it down to facilitate full implementation of their favored line (3 3/4"). That is monopolizing and contrary to free market. We're not all MBA's here but we can see that coming.

You're darn right there are few (if any) MBA's here, but it doesn't take a business degree to realize how idiotic the "conspiracy theories" are, just a shred of common sense.

Common sense: You don't "wind down" a line that's performing to the level of success you want. Ergo - Marvel Legends was not performing to the level of success Hasbro wanted. If it had been, guess what? They'd STILL be making this 3 3/4" line...they just wouldn't be floundering with the 6" line.

Why were they not performing at that level ?Because of hasbro themselves, and now instead of listening to us and giving us what we want they switch to a scale that works for them in other properties in hopes of getting better sales.

What they fail to realize is that its not because it works with other properties that it automaticaly will work for marvel. Other lines(gi joe-star wars-indiana jones) were always 3 3/4 ,collectors never knew them in another scale,but i garanty you that if they were to change star wars to 6 inch you would get the same kind of anger as your seeing here.

Other lines(gi joe-star wars-indiana jones) were always 3 3/4 ,collectors never knew them in another scale,but i garanty you that if they were to change star wars to 6 inch you would get the same kind of anger as your seeing here.

Uh no G.I. Joe started out as a 12 inch line in the 1960's. 12 inch G.I. Joes are still being made. Star Wars & Indiana Jones also have 12 inch scale lines since their beginnings.

Yes there was lots of anger when Hasbro decided to make Sigma 6 & stop making 3.75 inch figures. Sigma 6 were 8 inch figures.

Other lines(gi joe-star wars-indiana jones) were always 3 3/4 ,collectors never knew them in another scale,but i garanty you that if they were to change star wars to 6 inch you would get the same kind of anger as your seeing here.

Uh no G.I. Joe started out as a 12 inch line in the 1960's. 12 inch G.I. Joes are still being made. Star Wars & Indiana Jones also have 12 inch scale lines since their beginnings.

Yes there was lots of anger when Hasbro decided to make Sigma 6 & stop making 3.75 inch figures. Sigma 6 were 8 inch figures.

^Correct. And what was one of the primary reasons for the down-sizing to 1:18 scale? Inflated petroleum prices. Sound familiar (we happen to be in the middle of one of the biggest global fuel crisis in history)? This coupled with the ability to offer a greater range of toys at a more accessable price-point. History has a funny way of repeating itself. I, for one, am thrilled (about the toys that is) and maintain that when done correctly 1:18 is still the most versatile of scales! It's just a shame that it has come down to this to make my personal preference a mainstay once again. I cannot wait until March '09 (and beyond)!